keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And where we are doing OK it is because of the efforts of governors or even mayors, not Trump. Usually Democrats, but recently quite a few Republican governors have decided to step up and resist Trump.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Contemporary R people have completely lost touch with what it means to be "conservative". Conservatives were the ones we used to rely on to call for the brakes on runaway authority. But allegiance to party has blown that up.

I don't see the president to have the power to ban an app... the only people EO's can apply to are federal employees...

That said, he can ban any federal employee from installing the app on any equipment used for any type of government purpose, which can often extend to their personal laptop and phones if they read government e-mail or make employment related phone calls on them.

That makes sense there, and is perfectly legal.

But doesn't make sense to say no one in the U.S. can use the app, as that goes to free speech. You'd have to delve into the E.O. to see what and who this will apply to, before deciding it's constitutionality..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Contemporary R people have completely lost touch with what it means to be "conservative". Conservatives were the ones we used to rely on to call for the brakes on runaway authority. But allegiance to party has blown that up.

The shredding of the Constitution is a bipartisan effort. The Washington Generals know what their role is when they face the Globetrotters. They are to make it look as if it is a real competition while both sides are working toward the same result.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
That said, he can ban any federal employee from installing the app on any equipment used for any type of government purpose, which can often extend to their personal laptop and phones if they read government e-mail or make employment related phone calls on them.

That makes sense there, and is perfectly legal.
Tik Tok is already banned on government devices.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The shredding of the Constitution is a bipartisan effort. The Washington Generals know what their role is when they face the Globetrotters. They are to make it look as if it is a real competition while both sides are working toward the same result.
But now its not just politicians. We have "conservative" voters going along with it. They are abandoning conservative principles and arguing for it for all to see. Its the Trump effect. They will follow him off a cliff.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thats long enough that we forget about it and nothing happens. Typical Trump. He blabs, we jump. I'm guilty of this.

Your post is true enough, but I was speaking to my husband on this issue and there are some legitimate points trump is making concerning this app.

First, it's spyware.

We have the right to use the internet, its perfectly legal... however, you can't, for example; hack. That lends to invasion of privacy among other laws being violated.

So If this effort is geared toward making China remove the spyware aspect of the app, i.e. stop it from phoning home, then this is a perfectly legal position to take.

From what my husband is gathering, this is what Trump is trying to do, get China (or Microsoft) to prevent the app from phoning home (China), as a prerequisite to its availability in the U.S. market...

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your post is true enough, but I was speaking to my husband on this issue and there are some legitimate points trump is making concerning this app.

First, it's spyware.

We have the right to use the internet, its perfectly legal... however, you can't, for example; hack. That lends to invasion of privacy among other laws being violated.

So If this effort is geared toward making China remove the spyware aspect of the app, i.e. stop it from phoning home, then this is a perfectly legal position to take.

From what my husband is gathering, this is what Trump is trying to do, get China (or Microsoft) to prevent the app from phoning home (China), as a prerequisite to its availability in the U.S. market...
Oh as I mentioned before, I'm definitely not hostile to the tik-tok ban itself.

My main concern is that the US Constitution doesnt seem to grant this power to the pres.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

First, it's spyware.

What information is it "phoning home"? What evidence is there that this is happening beyond Trump saying so? What are your thoughts on Trump demaning a cut of the sale price for the US Treasury?

Free market capitalism. Lol.

Upvote 0