Trump Pennsylvania lawsuit dismissed with prejudice.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rudy's got them right where he wants them!

EnZBtpMXUAAK-NF

... Giuliani, just shut up.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe that in their appeal, their first step will be to show that this judge was wrong and why. Given the demonstrated skills so far, that seems like an insurmountable hurdle.

I'd argue that it's the two days before certification, one of which is a Sunday, for the Rudy express to get the motion through appeals, state supreme, federal supreme. Good luck with that Rudy.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I'd argue that it's the two days before certification, one of which is a Sunday, for the Rudy express to get the motion through appeals, state supreme, federal supreme. Good luck with that Rudy.
Trump seems to be under the impression that he can ‘decertify’.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump seems to be under the impression that he can ‘decertify’.

Donald's already under the impression that he won. Decertification seems the least of his mistaken impressions.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

True, I have a feeling the word 'moot' may be showing up soon on Merriam-Webster's twitter feed.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also very telling that they have yet to file an appeal. This is a time sensitive matter, and it was obvious how the judge was going to rule. If they were serious about it, the appeal paperwork would have been ready to go. But it's not about actually winning, it's about sowing doubt.

Edit: Before someone starts claiming "how would they know what the judge was going to rule?", the judge cancelled the evidentiary hearing on, IIRC, wednesday. Doing so is saying "I'm ruling against you, so there's no reason to even have this hearing. This lawsuit isn't going anywhere"

Edit2:. They haven't even filed a notice to appeal, and that's the first step in the process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

A herculean task for even a competent litigator.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once PA certifies, the whole lawsuit is moot because the only remedy asked for in it will no longer be possible. So yeah, he has less than two days to convince either the circuit court or the supreme court to rule in his favor. Considering they haven't filed an appeal yet with a clock quickly running out, that's not likely to happen (baseless claims aside).

They could maybe get an injunction against PA certifying results pending litigation within the next <48hrs, but that is no small feat, especially considering how viscous of a smackdown the district court judge gave them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rudy's got them right where he wants them!

EnZBtpMXUAAK-NF

I believe that in their appeal, their first step will be to show that this judge was wrong and why. Given the demonstrated skills so far, that seems like an insurmountable hurdle.

If Rudy wants to make a fool of himself in front of a larger audience, more power to him.

I suggest taking a pie in the face in front of a packed Madison Square Garden, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to ever set foot in NYC again... so, SCOTUS will have to do.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, PA certifies its results in ~25 hours. I haven't seen any news on the Trump campaign even submitting a notice of appeal (a simple form) yet.

Tic-toc

EDIT: IT looks like they finally have. It took them nearly 24 hours to file a one paragraph appeal that says nothing more than "We appeal this ruling". Real powerful stuff there.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
EDIT: IT looks like they finally have. It took them nearly 24 hours to file a one paragraph appeal that says nothing more than "We appeal this ruling". Real powerful stuff there.
Apparently (if there are any lawyers here) only an appeal need be made. No need for details. The rest follows in a later court date. They only need state why it is relevant apparently. But the system is working because as the lower courts turn down the appeals, the faster it rises to the higher courts.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Apparently (if there are any lawyers here) only an appeal need be made. No need for details. The rest follows in a later court date. They only need state why it is relevant apparently. But the system is working because as the lower courts turn down the appeals, the faster it rises to the higher courts.

I'll admit that my knowledge of the legal system is sketchy (although compared to Team Donald, I might be the next Clarence Darrow), but my understanding is that appellate courts are not places where new evidence is to be admitted, but rather where the lawyers can argue that the lower courts made an error in the law.

As Team Donald presented nothing of substance to the lower courts (as evidenced plainly and mercilessly in the Pennsylvania ruling), they're not going to have anything they can present to the appellate courts, either. They'll. Just. Keep. Failing.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'll admit that my knowledge of the legal system is sketchy (although compared to Team Donald, I might be the next Clarence Darrow), but my understanding is that appellate courts are not places where new evidence is to be admitted, but rather where the lawyers can argue that the lower courts made an error in the law.

As Team Donald presented nothing of substance to the lower courts (as evidenced plainly and mercilessly in the Pennsylvania ruling), they're not going to have anything they can present to the appellate courts, either. They'll. Just. Keep. Failing.
The goal is of course to get this all the way to the supreme court, assuming that the 6-3 conservative majority of judges will be enough to carry the ruling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
The goal is of course to get this all the way to the supreme court, assuming that the 6-3 conservative majority of judges will be enough to carry the ruling.

I don’t see why they would bend to Trump’s will. They have lifetime appointments thanks to Trump. He has absolutely nothing to threaten or coerce them with.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
they're not going to have anything they can present to the appellate courts, either. They'll. Just. Keep. Failing.
But the idea is to quickly get to the higher courts then present what they have. They are just quickly jumping the hurdles at present.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I doubt that judges can allow their politics to play a part as that was part of their oath. But hey, this is the system the country was built upon. Whoever it plays out successfully for, the people have no right to object to their own foundations just because they lost. Someone has to be a winner and someone a loser in this stupid game of human life.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
But the idea is to quickly get to the higher courts then present what they have. They are just quickly jumping the hurdles at present.

That’s not how it works. You can’t go to a higher court with new evidence to try your case again. You have to try to convince the higher court that the lower court made a mistake in deciding it the way they did. With what Trump’s team has put forth so far in the lower courts, that’s not happening.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don’t see why they would bend to Trump’s will. They have lifetime appointments thanks to Trump. He has absolutely nothing to threaten or coerce them with.
Are you sure?

Upvote 0