Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So three and half years into tribulation, the mark of the beast will be implemented, which is the abomination of desolation...
There is no 3 1/2 years term in the bible. You are using a rationalized term. Here are all the times frames in Revelation, on my second chart, picking up where the first chart ended.

299378_434ba8950b3a4f9b6b12cf3c5c6c6cf8.jpeg

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation is not the whole world.
How am I supposed to flee from Judea/Jerusalem when I am in the US? The Jews will probably be fleeing to the US for safety since the Trib and Wrath come upon them.
My view is that the rapture takes place before then.

Upvote 0

Messenger 3k

Aug 4, 2018
New Jersey
✟38,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was referring to Keras's comment. I don't think I was being too specific.

Messenger, welcome to the forum. I should I said that earlier. The things you are "explaining" to me, I have been in discussions over and over - going back 15 years or so in internet forums. I have also been over a prime Jewish (Judaism) countermissionary site since 2004 learning what they believe, discussing (and arguing) with them. And muslim sites as well, but not in recent years.

The temple of God in the metaphoric sense was used in regards to Christians.

In bible prophecy application, it refers to a physical temple. The one here on earth is patterned after the real in heaven. In the end times there will be a temple built, downsized likely, in stages, to expedite the
restarting of animal sacrifices required under the old covenant that the Jews still go by. And the purpose of it for the Jews, in their beliefs the purpose will be for the praise and worship the One True God.

You position you have is to make a theology argument - not a bible prophecy argument - that it will not happen because it would be an abomination to God, to do animal sacrifices and such, because Jesuss death on the cross and resurrection ended the reason for all those. Is that not what you are going to tell me?

No that is not it. The abomination of desolation is the image of the beast that the false prophet in Revelation 13 has the world make. That image will, by seemingly miracle, appear to come alive and speak.

There will be two events, though closely related are not exactly the same.

The transgression of desolation (in Daniel 8:12-13) - which is the act of 2Thessalonians2:4

The abomination of desolation (in Matthew 24:15) - an image, a statue of the beast, in the temple

These two events take place in a certain order, in the tan colored ovals. If you follow down through my chart you will see them near the bottom.
298721_40604e5919684ba882068bfa7e72f4ee.png

Forgive me, I thought your comment was addressed to me.

However, I never meant it will not happen because it's an abomination. Never said that at any point. I was explaining the meaning of abomination of desolation.

But In the same vein you also don't know who I am.

You don't know what I know.

But here's a final clue.
You want to know who the antichrist is?
Pay attention to the meaning of his name.

Antiochus Epiphanes meant "God manifest".

I'll leave it at that.

Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, I never meant it will not happen because it's an abomination. Never said that at any point. I was explaining the meaning of abomination of desolation.
Go to Daniel 12:11 The abomination of desolation is something that is setup.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

What Antiochus did prefigures what the end times beast with do. Antiochus setup a statue of Zeus in the temple. Antiochus himself, in a religious notion that his father had, thought he was Zeus in a human body.

The abomination of desolation will be an image of the end times beast person. What will make that image, a statue, appear to come alive and speak is that it will be incarnated by Satan, when Satan is cast down, restricted to earth, during the second half of the 7 years.

But In the same vein you also don't know who I am.

You don't know what I know.
I know what you don't know (understand).

But here's a final clue.
You want to know who the antichrist is?
Pay attention to the meaning of his name.
Please don't bait. Just make a point or claim if you have one.

Separately, Adonikam means "my risen lord". I am not claiming Adonikam is the person's name.

Ezra 2:13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

How are you getting 666 out of Antiochus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0