loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump Outstripping Obama on Pace of Executive Orders
It wasn’t too long ago that Donald Trump derided presidential executive orders as “power grabs” and a “basic disaster.”

He’s switched sides in a big way: In each year of his presidency, he has issued more executive orders than did former President Barack Obama during the same time span. He surpassed Obama’s third-year total just recently.

Back in 2012, Trump had tweeted: “Why Is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority?”

That criticism continued once he entered the presidential race.

“The country wasn’t based on executive orders,” Trump said at a South Carolina campaign stop in February 2016. “Right now, Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can’t even get along with the Democrats, and he goes around signing all these executive orders. It’s a basic disaster. You can’t do it.”
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wish he could come up with an executive order that would make these Democrats in Congress, who have been harassing him for going on 4 years now, to shut up and leave him alone. And I don't even care that much for Trump, yet I despise these overly obsessed harassing Democratic Congress ppl even more. It seems pretty obvious to me why they would like to see him removed from office. The Democrats know they have no one that can beat him in the 2020 election.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just wish he could come up with an executive order that would make these Democrats in Congress, who have been harassing him for going on 4 years now, to shut up and leave him alone.
That's an easy fix he could sign this one:
TLC_LETTER.jpeg

;)
And I don't even care that much for Trump, yet I despise these overly obsessed harassing Democratic Congress ppl even more.
Well...it might help if he'd stop breaking laws, cuddling up to dictators and betraying allies. Just a suggestion. :)

It seems pretty obvious to me why they would like to see him removed from office. The Democrats know they have no one that can beat him in the 2020 election.
or they have so many who could, that it has President Trump and his supporters working overtime trying to convince themselves and others that he's "unbeatable" because otherwise they might have to face the reality that they fell for a snake oil salesman pitch in 2016 and who wants to admit to being so gullible? Or that those same old lies he told then wont work a second time? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's an easy fix he could sign this one:
TLC_LETTER.jpeg

;)

I would change at least one thing in that resignation letter though. Instead of him signing that in 2017, how about 7 or 8 years after that date? I can see that working.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...it might help if he'd stop breaking laws, cuddling up to dictators and betraying allies. Just a suggestion. :)

Had others not done the same, such as Biden, Hillary, so on and so on, that might be different. Democrats act as if some of these others are perfect saints or something, and that only Trump has done anything wrong.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's encouraging that the president is using executive orders to get necessary business accomplished. He did not do much of that early in his administration--nothing like the executive orders that came from Obama--when Trump thought that Congress and the President would work together in the normal fashion.

But since then it has become evident that the House of Representatives will not pass much of anything of importance lest it look a success for the Trump administration as well as Congress.

So the country pays the price for a do-nothing Congress, but with the bright spot that the president is doing his best to pick up the slack without the help of Congress that he has asked for repeatedly. Pelosi won't even sit in the same room when invited to discuss issues!

Thank goodness that he IS doing this; and if liberals do not like it, they can insist that Pelosi start cooperating to get passed needed legislation that will benefit every American. If that happens, executive orders will decrease, and there is no doubt of it.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
But since then it has become evident that the House of Representatives will not pass much of anything of importance lest it look a success for the Trump administration as well as Congress. (snip)
uhmmm...actually, the House has passed a lot of stuff:
The House-passed bills that have ended up in the Senate 'graveyard'
Six months after the newly elected Democratic majority was sworn in to the House, progressive lawmakers are tackling many of their priorities through legislation.

But few of those bills are seeing traction in the GOP-led upper chamber, with many ending up in what Democrats have labeled the Senate "graveyard."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has boasted about the pattern, promising to be a “Grim Reaper” for progressive policies in the Senate if the GOP hangs onto the chamber in the next Congress.

“We're very proud of the work that we have done to send over to the Senate, where Mitch McConnell has said he's the 'Grim Reaper' — it's a Senate graveyard,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters earlier this month. “We have news for him: It's alive and well in the public, and he will be hearing from the public, hopefully very soon.”

Here’s a list of the Democratic priorities that passed the House but have stalled in the Senate.
tulc(in case anyone was curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had others not done the same, such as Biden, Hillary, so on and so on, that might be different. Democrats act as if some of these others are perfect saints or something, and that only Trump has done anything wrong.
What you said was:
And I don't even care that much for Trump, yet I despise these overly obsessed harassing Democratic Congress ppl even more.
which is what my response was about. I might also point out: just because others may or may not have "done anything wrong" in no way makes his crimes any less illegal, justifies his cuddling up to dictators or means his stabbing our allies in the back any less wrong. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Upvote 0