Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
One is a group that was formed in response to decades of unfair treatment by the criminal justice system, the other is a group that believes in some sort of inherent racial superiority of the white race.

Certainly the violence is inexcusable, one is in response to blatant mistreatment by police and the court system, the other is due to being upset that their race is no longer being given special superior status over everyone else.

That being said, I don't like the tactics of either group, however, I simply felt it was fair to point out that they're coming from two totally different types of anger.

Keeping a group immiserated for 100+ years and them finally lashing out, out of anger & frustration, is very different than "wuddya mean we can't own black people or make them use separate bathrooms anymore?!?!?...Cletus!, get the white hoods and some rope!"

I don't think the question was genuine anyway, but it is good you realize a difference. Although, it says nothing about your awareness since you would have to work to chose to ignore this difference in the real world. But, people do it.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, this is DOXXing and if the alt-righters were not doing anything violent, then they should not have their info released
They are publicly exposing themselves as adherents of a detested ideology. It's a different thing when an anonymous internet poster like you or I gets doxxed. Don't come to a public space and yell your head off in front of news cameras and expect anonymity. They should know their views invite opprobrium.

And the decline of unions in America means the boss can fire you for any reason. Gone is any protection that comes with collective bargaining and worker protections, things that Republicans have fought against. Ironic, no?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
They are publicly exposing themselves as adherents of a detested ideology. It's a different thing when an anonymous internet poster like you or I gets doxxed. Don't come to a public space and yell your head off in front of news cameras and expect anonymity. They should know their views invite opprobrium.

This assumes they get the right people, which they often don't. They've already managed to get at least one person misidentified already with this.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
This assumes they get the right people, which they often don't. They've already managed to get at least one person misidentified already with this.

Got Statistics? Regardless they have gotten it right more often then not.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That phrase doesn't offend me. What does offend me is racists using that label to avoid legitimate criticism.

Right...

And how about the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of us who believe every person matters and that identity politics, as a whole, is pure cancer?

But in saying that you're saying that black people are treated the same as white people? Everyone gets the same treatment?

So you're fine with all the people on the right being Nazis, but BLM members are individuals? Oookay.

Following your lead. You're the one who said that anyone who believes Black Lives Matter is just as bad as a white supremacist.

• Agree
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One is a group that was formed in response to decades of unfair treatment by the criminal justice system, the other is a group that believes in some sort of inherent racial superiority of the white race.

So the KKK was formed from the civil war slave days
Neo nazis come from WW2 Hitler naziism
BLM come from Fereguson where a police being falsely accused of defending himself...
that resulted in weeks of riots destroyuing a community violence and 1 death.....

I dont see any difference!!!!!!

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the question was genuine anyway, but it is good you realize a difference. Although, it says nothing about your awareness since you would have to work to chose to ignore this difference in the real world. But, people do it.

On Alabama right-wing radio yesterday they blamed Obama (who else) for Charlottesville. They then speculated that George Soros paid both sides to riot. Then on the counter protestors for throwing bricks (!) at the car which forced the driver to accelerate and injure and kill people. Because what kind of Nazi harms innocent people? Then they concluded that Nazis are actually liberals because of reasons.

This is how much the right hates the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

If we're not going to take each other at our word, then we might as well give up and assume the other is a virulent racist.

But in saying that you're saying that black people are treated the same as white people? Everyone gets the same treatment?

Generally speaking? Yes. Are there exceptions? Sure, and we should fix it. However, we should look to make sure that it is an equality of opportunity, and not an equality of outcome.

Following your lead. You're the one who said that anyone who believes Black Lives Matter is just as bad as a white supremacist.

I said the organization is as bad, as it is built up black supremacist ideology, as spoken by the founders of BLM.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
On Alabama right-wing radio yesterday they blamed Obama (who else) for Charlottesville. They then speculated that George Soros paid both sides to riot. Then on the counter protestors for throwing bricks (!) at the car which forced the driver to accelerate and injure and kill people. Because what kind of Nazi harms innocent people? Then they concluded that Nazis are actually liberals because of reasons.

This is how much the right hates the left.

That's funny.

George Soros has enough money to play all sides - it is actually called controlled opposition. Plenty of billionaires exploit some flaw that will ultimately make them money - like religious wars, and racism. Exploiting racism in the States is the easiest, because it has been suppressed within people for so long, and for so many years it has been ignored and met with shaming the target.

If I had the money to exploit the racism in America for capital gains, I would do it too. It is easy and sure money.

However, I wouldn't whine about what Obama is doing, or didn't do. That seems weak to me; Obama must have been a closet deity to these people for them to bring him up in such frequency.

What they don't understand is Obama doesn't give two cares: he is literally jet-setting, and jet skiing on exotic islands with his billionaire friends.

Moreover, the fact more and more people (especially their "own") are starting to dissociate from them, they will get even more desperate and do even worse things.

They believe Muslims are going to take over Europe and America, enslave their children, force them to become Muslim, rape their wives and genocide the entire White race - sort of what their great great grandparents did with African slaves and Natives. Actually, the Muslims are much nicer than the slavers of America, so they should really tone it down...

Now, talk about "gettin' what's comin' to ya..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
BTW, this is DOXXing and if the alt-righters were not doing anything violent, then they should not have their info released, unless you are okay with retaliatory doxxing to progressive groups. Individuals who are dox'd are not simply 'outed' on social media, but real life harassment and threats such as SWATing.

Privacy is a privilege for things we do in private.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Privacy is a privilege for things we do in private.

So if someone finds your views repugnant, they should be allowed to threaten you or your family and reveal where you live? That's immoral. Even Nietzsche, as crazy as he was, understood a concept like "he who fights monsters."

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So if someone finds your views repugnant, they should be allowed to threaten you or your family and reveal where you live? That's immoral. Even Nietzsche, as crazy as he was, understood a concept like "he who fights monsters."

I'm just pointing out the difference between taking actions in private and taking actions in public.

The idea of a hate group appealing to (or trusting in) common decency is ironic though.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm just pointing out the difference between taking actions in private and taking actions in public.

That's fine, but DOXXing results in a lot of criminal behavior being directed at the person. That's why I oppose it.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's fine, but DOXXing results in a lot of criminal behavior being directed at the person. That's why I oppose it.

Yes, it's an indecent thing to do to someone en mass, given that common decency can't be counted upon.

It's one reason the hate mongers used to wear hoods.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So the KKK was formed from the civil war slave days
Neo nazis come from WW2 Hitler naziism
BLM come from Fereguson where a police being falsely accused of defending himself...
that resulted in weeks of riots destroyuing a community violence and 1 death.....

I don't see any difference!!!!!!

One is reactionary due to injustices in the court & criminal justice systems, the other ones were exploitation of power by people who were already in the position of power.

If you don't see the difference, then it's because you're being deliberately naive.

• Agree
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,209.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed due to many posts against forum rules.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.