United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This should be interesting:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...68fe3c-efd2-11ea-b4bc-3a2098fc73d4_story.html

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

At that time, Trump was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than a seasonal flu, predicting it would soon disappear and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control. It would be several weeks before he would publicly acknowledge that the virus was no ordinary flu and that it could be transmitted through the air.

Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You kind of buried the lead with your thread title. Should be more like:

"Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. 'I wanted to always play it down,' the president said."

...except perhaps bigger with some red text and fireworks and maybe a military flyover.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You kind of buried the lead with your thread title. Should be more like:

"Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. 'I wanted to always play it down,' the president said."

...except perhaps bigger with some red text and fireworks and maybe a military flyover.

Despite what I quoted in the OP, I'm not solely focused on the covid comments and I wanted to make sure that it was clear to the usual suspects that this wasn't merely Woodward quoting some "DeepState" anonymous sources.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Despite what I quoted in the OP, I'm not solely focused on the covid comments and I wanted to make sure that it was clear to the usual suspects that this wasn't merely Woodward quoting some "DeepState" anonymous sources.

It will be interesting - mildly amusing?, to hear - endure?, the defense posited by his supporters. Yes, it is all on tape however, I'm sure the "spin" machines will be in high gear....

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It will be interesting - mildly amusing?, to hear - endure?, the defense posited by his supporters. Yes, it is all on tape however, I'm sure the "spin" machines will be in high gear....
I think they might have to treat this like Trump treated the coronavirus: "it will miraculously go away".

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to say to Trump supporters: This is not a left vs Right thing. This is a Majority of Americans vs Trump thing. Republicans aren't responsible for this mess. Trump is. There are no Republican policies that are causing these problems. They are Trump policies. If any of the other 2016 Republican candidates had won, we would not be in this mess.

If Trump faces any charges after he leaves office, I'm optimistic that the following presidents will have no interest in pardoning him.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump supporters have been pelted with the convincing inalterable truth for years, but if thus doesn't make them see the grievous error in their judgment they probably need an intervention, inpatient treatment and deprogramming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,434.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
1. It wasn't him.

2. He didn't mean it.

3. He's totally truthful and pro life.

4. It's lockeroom talk, any man in his position would react this way.

5. It's a deep state plot by liberals, they spliced his words together to make it appear that he said it. It's all to make him look bad.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Trump supporters have been pelted with the convincing inalterable truth for years, but if thus doesn't make them see the grievous error in their judgment they probably need an intervention, inpatient treatment and deprogramming.
I think thats correct. There is something cult like in the way the leader can never been seen for who he is.

And speaking of cults, there's a reason why we have the metaphor "drink the Kool Aid". For those who werent around then: trigger warning, its pretty shocking. These days I express it as "sign the covenenant". Similar dynamic, I think, and broader but shallower - yet more consequential by far for the fate of the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to say to Trump supporters: This is not a left vs Right thing. This is a Majority of Americans vs Trump thing. Republicans aren't responsible for this mess. Trump is. There are no Republican policies that are causing these problems. They are Trump policies. If any of the other 2016 Republican candidates had won, we would not be in this mess.

If Trump faces any charges after he leaves office, I'm optimistic that the following presidents will have no interest in pardoning him.
I dont know how you can possibly say this. Trump won the R primary fair and square. And aside from small raft of former Trump admin members, hardly any Rs have lifted a finger to resist his idiot impulses.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I dont know how you can possibly say this. Trump won the R primary fair and square. And aside from small raft of former Trump admin members, hardly any Rs have lifted a finger to resist his idiot impulses.

Sure, Republicans have followed his lead. The Republican party has transformed into a bunch of Trump sycophants. If we redefine the Right as Trump sycophants, then I'll admit that it's a Left vs Right thing. But if any of the other 2016 Republican candidates had won, the Republican party would not be this way, and we would have a far more responsible approach to dealing with COVID-19. Trump and Trump alone is the one primarily responsible. The sycophants just do what he tells them to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During the briefing, McEnany was asked to respond to new reporting from Bob Woodward that Trump knew about the coronavirus threat in early February, but downplayed it significantly.

“The president never downplayed the virus,” McEnany said. “The president expressed calm.”

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
During the briefing, McEnany was asked to respond to new reporting from Bob Woodward that Trump knew about the coronavirus threat in early February, but downplayed it significantly.

“The president never downplayed the virus,” McEnany said. “The president expressed calm.”
People will just nod their heads as she lies right to their faces and they know it. Abject maga docility.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Publisher of National Enquirer under federal investigation for allegedly helping Trump campaign
Michael Cohen has confirmed that the publisher and Trump conspired to harm opponents by publishing damaging--and false--cover stories.
In the case of Ted Cruz, the Enquirer published a story that Cruz' father, a Cuban immigrant, conspired with Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate Kennedy. Totally untrue.
You call that "fair and square?"
There were lots of tricks going on without Russia's interference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So he wasn't lying. He was being optimistic..

No, he was being paternalistic. He was saying the American people are emotionally fragile and will panic if they know the seriousness of the situation. Which actually is insulting.

This reminds me of Col. Jessep:

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
No, he was being paternalistic. He was saying the American people are emotionally fragile and will panic if they know the seriousness of the situation. Which actually is insulting.

There are far too many Americans who don’t understand why Jessup is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stock in STP and WD 40 are set to go hot due to the spin ministers going into overdrive.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Col. Jessep would’ve shredded Trump and sprinkled him on a nice Caesar salad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0