Trump on a pardoning rampage: Blagojevich, Milken, NYPD commish, former Niners owner...

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I take it you've ruled out "because it is fair."

No Sir. I haven't. That may be the case. Trump has done quite a few fair, and kind things. I am not one that takes anything at face value. Especially concerning a politician. I support Trump and do not at this point think it is some nefarious plot. I also do not think this was some random, (pictures on a dart board) act of chance.

If so, you will have to confront the fact that it was supported by big majorities of both political parties in both houses of Congress. Almost everything else coming their way would get a cold shoulder from at least the Democrats so long as Trump was in favor of it.

I agree with it... so...

I'm just wondering why these people? They are not exactly the best of people.

Just asking questions my friend.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would have to ask why the president of the United States is concerned about these particular individuals that were justily charged with crimes. Some of whom confessed. Others who are recorded in the act, or to the fact of the act, and were found guilty in a court of law.

Someone who was railroaded, perhaps wrongly convicted I would understand. This just brings questions to me. Im inquisitive.

Is the President going to sit down and personally review the records of convicted felons serving time? Isn't there a method of appeal of some sorts?

Because he's either buddies with these people (e.g. Blago) or the pardons play well with his supporters. According to wikipedia, Giuliani has been lobbying on behalf of Michael Milken.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they want to stay free, they should relocate to democratic run New York State. There they can be arrested 129 times and get out of Jail free.....provided for by your democratic congress.

But if they are pro life or they believe the 2nd amendment ought not to be ignored then Governor Cuomo says they have no place in the state of NY. If they break the immigration laws of the US however they are welcome and will get driver's licenses, free college tuition and be assisted in evading the federal authorities..

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, these are not longtime friends of the president, so that faux outrage is out the window.

I'm not outraged. Not even being accusatory. I just do not agree with letting these individuals out of prison at this point in time. I do not yet understand the motive or reasoning behind it. Anytime, a President starts messing around with convicted felons I'm going to ask questions.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump grants clemency to 11, including former junk bond king Michael Milken

President Trump Tuesday granted full pardons to seven convicted felons including Michael Milken, the former junk bond king who became a face of the insider trading financial scandals of the 1980s.

Trump also commuted the sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, found guilty nine years ago for trying to sell an open U.S. Senate seat.

Trump announced the news at Joint Base Andrews as he embarked on a four-day west coast swing and just hours after the White House announced the first pardon, that of former San Francisco 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo, Jr., who was convicted in a gambling fraud scandal.

He said he also commuted the prison sentence of former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, who led the department after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and was sentenced to four years in prison in 2010 after pleading guilty to eight felony charges, including tax fraud and lying to investigators.

Trump also issued full pardons to Ariel Friedler, Paul Pogue, David Safavian and Angela Stanton. And he commuted sentences for three others: Tynice Nichole Hall, Crystal Munoz and Judith Negron.

The mass clemency continued a run of brazen actions by the president to intercede in matters of law and order following his Senate acquittal on articles of impeachment.

The president made clear he has not ruled out pardoning Roger Stone, who is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.

I'm sure Roger got the message.
Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.Matthew 23:28

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Giuliani has been lobbying on behalf of Michael Milken.

That just plays into me wondering about supportive evidence in the Barr/Durham criminal investigations. Did they flip? Make a deal?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That just plays into me wondering about supportive evidence in the Barr/Durham criminal investigations. Did they flip? Make a deal?

Why would Milken have anything on that? Either way, in a deal like that, you don't hand out the pardon before the investigation is even completed - what incentive would the person have now to follow through on their end of the bargain? I think it more likely that Giuliani is getting paid for his work.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost everything else coming their way would get a cold shoulder from at least the Democrats so long as Trump was in favor of it.
Wow ... deja vu ... you mean like how the republicans stonewalled anything Obama did for no other reason than Obama was in favor of it?

I think we can pretty much mark this as the year the rule of law officially died.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why would Milken have anything on that? Either way, in a deal like that, you don't hand out the pardon before the investigation is even completed - what incentive would the person have now to follow through on their end of the bargain? I think it more likely that Giuliani is getting paid for his work.

Giuliani prosecuted this man and got him convicted. 1988: The Princeton Stock scam.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Giuliani prosecuted this man and got him convicted. 1988: The Princeton Stock scam.

I'm aware. But that was before he went into private practice and started taking money from anybody and everybody.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
what incentive would the person have now to follow through on their end of the bargain?

He wasn't pardoned or released from his conviction. His sentence was commuted. A commuted sentence can be reversed if the former offender obtained it fraudulently, or the factual basis for granting it turns out to be inaccurate.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Didn't take long for the whataboutism to set in, anything to praise a dear leader.

Wonder how often those who run down the whataboutisms
have used them themselves?

Anyway, and I know this doesn't rate posting/dwelling on for many, but there is this tiny detail, Trump is also on a record breaking rampage of fixing the USA, which begs the question of the OP... what have you done for your country lately?

We have people that get up and do, and those who sit on the sidelines and complain while actually doing nothing, which one are you?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Wonder how often those who run down the whataboutisms have used them themselves?

Anyway, and I know this doesn't rate posting/dwelling on for many, but there is this tiny detail, Trump is also on a record breaking rampage of fixing the USA

And Mussolini reportedly had the trains running on time. This does not provide cover for subverting the Justice department in various ways.

what have you done for your country lately?

Well, now there's a whatabout I wasn't expecting! Here in these very forums, I have dispelled misinformation and disinformation. I have distributed information where before there was ignorance. I have released zero felons onto the streets of America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just asking questions my friend.

Understood.

I don't know, except for what was on the news. The common thread, if there was one, seemed to be that these people had had "the book thrown at them" by the FBI or judges with a bias, and that they had served enough time by now for clemency to be a reasonable thing for him to grant. It's not as though any of them got off Scot Free.

The president also noted the suffering of their families. In all of this, it seems similar to his initiative that is called the "First Step Act" that Congress passed at Trump's urging.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, now there's a whatabout I wasn't expecting! Here in these very forums, I have dispelled misinformation and disinformation. I have distributed information where before there was ignorance. I have released zero felons onto the streets of America.

Did anyone not see that one coming? lol

Yep, hard at it, aren't we...a regular workaholic in comparison. :) And we would never leave out the full story, would we? we only dwell on the bad, because there couldn't possibly be anything good about our president

Impartiality at it's finest.

End sarcasm, and no, it really isn't even funny when we tell half the story, are about as partial as we can be then say we are doing a good thing. :(

There truly are none so blind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not outraged. Not even being accusatory.
There--in that quote of mine--I had no one in particular in mind. What I said in that selection was based on the familiar line all of us have heard coming from people who constantly vilify the president, no matter what he does.

My apologies for not having chosen my wording better.

I just do not agree with letting these individuals out of prison at this point in time. I do not yet understand the motive or reasoning behind it. Anytime, a President starts messing around with convicted felons I'm going to ask questions.

Well, you know that most of the recent presidents have pardoned many more people than this, but they usually do it a couple of days before they leave office. I am guessing that, with these particular individuals, Trump thought that waiting until the November election was over with would be unnecessarily cruel.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wow ... deja vu ... you mean like how the republicans stonewalled anything Obama did for no other reason than Obama was in favor of it?
You may have a point, but the issue here concerned Trump's motivation, not that of anyone else.

Upvote 0