small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
...and none of that has anything to do with over a thousand americans dying pretty much every day from the Coronavirus.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Canada has about 10% of the population of the USA so one might think we should have about 100 deaths a day. We don't. We are running about 4 or 5 deaths a day. This indicates that we are about 20 times more effective than the USA at containing the virus. Why? I think that it is because our federal provincial governments stepped up to the plate early on and took the best medical and scientific advice. Not just that though, our population took that advice unselfishly.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well you have California (Los Angeles) in first place this week...
Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Georgia topping out the top five states respectively. (If memory serves me correctly)

Georgia is mostly a conservative state...it's residents are resisting social distancing and masks.
Florida has the same problem.
New York ignored the problem for months.
Same thing with New Jersey and between Hoboken and Sea Points exit off the Turnpike...they are having the exact same issues as Florida. (No one wants to wear a mask to the crowded beaches and bars)

Florida's problem isn't so much the people, but the govenor that not only hasn't done anything to really help, but activly pushed back many times.

• Agree
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pelosi went to San Frans china town to trash trump and to keep encouraging people from China to keep coming ot America, this was done in March if I remember correctly.

Yes I agree, Trump should have been up front and worn a mask. He didn't, but he had his medical experts all there advising mask wearing even though at that time some of them weren't wither.

We must remember that in MArch the nation was getting conflicting information from teh so called "experts" as to the virulence of Covid -19. Even Fauci wasn't for cancelling cruises back then!

Did Pelosi Delete a Tweet That Showed Her Promoting Chinatown Tourism?

Pelosi made no such call for those from China to come to americ,a what she said was don't be racist idiots thinking that people in china town in the US some how had covid 19, which was true, funny how it's become racist now to point it out.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Shut The Door”: Speaker Pelosi Changes Position On Trump Travel Ban Once Called Racist | News Break

It may not have been from china town (though I think it was) but Pelosi called Trump racist. I heard the news!

I agree that Trump in public should have had a mask on until he began to speak! But as there was controversy early on the efficacy of masks and the massive shortage until American production was ramped up- it is was it is.

Just as a reminder, teh Federal govt. cannot order people to wear masks. That is an issue that belongs on the state, local and personal levels.

You guys really need to learn nuance. Yes Trumps travel ban from China was racist, guess what, it was useless, and didn't do anything, instead of banning from ALL countries he banned China, and didn't stop americans from returning, so all he did was allow the disease to get into the country. If he wanted to stop the virus or slow it, the travel ban have been from everywhere till we could get a handle on where it was and such.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Said by the poster who earlier tried to cite a decision by a non-existent German court.

Huh? OLG Stuttgart. Para 123 of the decision:

As a result, the appeal, in so far as it is permissible, is in any case successful because the plaintiff did not meet the criterion of claiming to prove the existence of the measles virus through "a scientific publication". As a result, the plaintiff is not entitled to any pre-judicial attorney's fees.

How is requiring masks to reduce the spread of a virus a scheme of Satan?

Why bother. You either get it or you're doomed.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Huh? OLG Stuttgart. Para 123 of the decision:

You said it was a decision by the German Court of Appeals. There is no German Court of Appeals. I went through all this in my post 41 but you ignored it.

I looked up this particular case. A Dr. Stefan Lanka issued a challenge asking for scientific proof of the existence of a measles virus. His challenge stated that the prize money would only be paid “when a scientific publication is presented in which the existence of the measles virus is not only asserted, but also proven and, among other things, its size is determined”. This is a summary; the actual requirements were very detailed.

Dr David Bardens submitted six different papers and claimed to have won the award that was offered, €100,000. The problem was that none of his papers met all of Lanka’s requirements. The Oberlandesgericht held that the promoter of the award, Lanka, could determine the rules and decide if his criteria had been met. The judges said their decision was strictly a legal judgement and did not make any statement on the existence or nonexistence of the measles virus.

The decision was appealed to the Bundesgerichtshof, which dismissed the appeal.

Some right-wing nut job websites have claimed that the German Court of Appeals (you know, the court that does not exist) ruled that there is no measles virus. As I have shown, that was not what the court decided. The court examined the legal issues only, not the scient

As a result, the appeal, in so far as it is permissible, is in any case successful because the plaintiff did not meet the criterion of claiming to prove the existence of the measles virus through "a scientific publication". As a result, the plaintiff is not entitled to any pre-judicial attorney's fees.

I posted this before but since you apparently never read it I will post it again. I looked up this particular case. A Dr. Stefan Lanka issued a challenge asking for scientific proof of the existence of a measles virus. His challenge stated that the prize money would only be paid “when a scientific publication is presented in which the existence of the measles virus is not only asserted, but also proven and, among other things, its size is determined”. This is a summary; the actual requirements were very detailed.

Dr David Bardens submitted six different papers and claimed to have won the award that was offered, €100,000. The problem was that none of his papers met all of Lanka’s requirements. The Oberlandesgericht held that the promoter of the award, Lanka, could determine the rules and decide if his criteria had been met. The judges said their decision was strictly a legal judgement and did not make any statement on the existence or nonexistence of the measles virus.

The decision was appealed to the Bundesgerichtshof, which dismissed the appeal.

Why bother. You either get it or you're doomed.

Or you wear a mask wash your hands and practice social distancing.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The judges said their decision was strictly a legal judgement and did not make any statement on the existence or nonexistence of the measles virus.

I just quoted the last paragraph of the judgment of the German appeals court champ. Bardens failed to meet the criterion that the measles virus be proved in scientific publication. He used 6 alleged scientific papers, which were shown to be unscientific because as Lanka pointed out none used the scientific method, ie the alleged virus was never properly purified and isolated, and no control experiments were done (hard to believe, but there it is). It's the same bogus methodology they use today.

So this nCov has never been fully sequenced and the viral particles they have have not been distinguished from RNA debris or exosomes spat out by the cells as they die under stress from antibiotics added to the petrie dish culture.

Or you wear a mask wash your hands and practice social distancing.

Let's see how you feel when the food and water runs out. It's coming soon, prepare.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and none of that has anything to do with over a thousand americans dying pretty much every day from the Coronavirus.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

And neither is it Trumps fault or any of the things he has in his control to do! Trump does no t have contituional authority (nor does congress or the Senate) to mandate mask wearing.

YOu just can't blame Trump for people doing what they do!

I do not even think that cities and towns or states can jail or fine anyone for not wearing a mask.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And neither is it Trumps fault or any of the things he has in his control to do! Trump does no t have contituional authority (nor does congress or the Senate) to mandate mask wearing. Many cities and towns required them more than a century ago during the Spanish flu.

YOu just can't blame Trump for people doing what they do!

I do not even think that cities and towns or states can jail or fine anyone for not wearing a mask.
Requiring the wearing of masks during times of national emergency is a state police power. States or state political units can require masks. Many municipalities required them more than a century ago during the Spanish flu.

You are correct, Mr. Trump cannot order the wearing of masks. However as President he could set a good example by wearing one.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Requiring the wearing of masks Turing times of national emergency is a state police power. States or state political units can require masks.

You are correct, Mr. Trump cannot order the wearing of masks. However as President he could set a good example by wearing one.

It might be, but I would love to see a court case. They can mandate masks in public or governmetn property, but private property like a store- I am not convinced!

Yes He could have, but if people are unintelligent enough to something someone else is doing- that is on them. The wearing of masks was promoted if not practiced by Trump!

Your argument is like what my mom used on me as a kid---"If Johnny jumps off the bridge, are you going to as well?" I believe the American people are not so dumb as to be that led by the nose by someone elses example.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Pelosi Delete a Tweet That Showed Her Promoting Chinatown Tourism?

Pelosi made no such call for those from China to come to americ,a what she said was don't be racist idiots thinking that people in china town in the US some how had covid 19, which was true, funny how it's become racist now to point it out.

Calling a ban on Chinese travelling to America a racist act is de facto permission for the Chinese to travel. She made not have said it directly- but it doesn't take more than a 2nd grade education to see that Pelosi openly chided Trump for banning travel from China!

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It might be, but I would love to see a court case. They can mandate masks in public or governmetn property, but private property like a store- I am not convinced!

Yes, they have that power for places that are open to the public. The only place where that might not extend is private clubs.

Yes He could have, but if people are unintelligent enough to something someone else is doing- that is on them. The wearing of masks was promoted if not practiced by Trump!

Actually Trump only recently began promoting and wearing masks.

Your argument is like what my mom used on me as a kid---"If Johnny jumps off the bridge, are you going to as well?" I believe the American people are not so dumb as to be that led by the nose by someone elses example.

So we shouldn’t have laws requiring seat belts? What about requiring shirts and shoes indoors? What about the wearing of clothing in general? Using your reasoning we should all be going naked.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys really need to learn nuance. Yes Trumps travel ban from China was racist, guess what, it was useless, and didn't do anything, instead of banning from ALL countries he banned China, and didn't stop americans from returning, so all he did was allow the disease to get into the country. If he wanted to stop the virus or slow it, the travel ban have been from everywhere till we could get a handle on where it was and such.

Well then all countries practiced racism, for I do not know of any country who initially banned travel from all nations. And as time went by all returning patriots were required to qwuarantine. No ne had a handle on how fast or virulent this virus was until later on! Even the vaunted Dr.Fauci in mid March said Cruises were okay as long as people wore masks.

Trump should have followed his gut instead of listening to the pseudo experts at the WHO and CDC.

I am not that big of a Trump supporter(though I will vote for him over Biden this Nov.) but the left has been non stop anti Trump since he walked down the stairs at Trump tower! They are the boy who cried wolf!

If Trump had not wanted a travel ban from China (they had the worst numbers then and they were the source of the virus and hid many many facts) I am sure Pelosi would have called for a chinese travel ban. That is the level of hate the left has for Trump!

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Calling a ban on Chinese travelling to America a racist act is de facto permission for the Chinese to travel. She made not have said it directly- but it doesn't take more than a 2nd grade education to see that Pelosi openly chided Trump for banning travel from China!
No, she did call Trump a racist for his travel ban on people coming from what Trump called terrorist nations. She did not say that about the ban on travel from China.

Trump's False Claims about Pelosi and Chinatown

Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they have that power for places that are open to the public. The only place where that might not extend is private clubs.

So we shouldn’t have laws requiring seat belts? What about requiring shirts and shoes indoors? What about the wearing of clothing in general? Using your reasoning we should all be going naked.

Well if we want ot go all the way down the word of libertarian thought(which is anrchy).

But if we go all the way down your road, the state has the power to censor the content of anything you can watch or listen to, arrest you if you have prayer in your home with people who are not your family ( already happened here in America), tell you if you can have a bible or not, anewspaper or not.

Grocery sotres are private establishemtns. They are owned by private individuals either wholly or through srtocks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well if we want ot go all the way down the word of libertarian thought(which is anrchy).

So where do we draw the line.

But if we go all the way down your road, the state has the power to censor the content of anything you can watch or listen to, arrest you if you have prayer in your home with people who are not your family ( already happened here in America), tell you if you can have a bible or not, anewspaper or not.

Proof please.

Grocery sotres are private establishemtns. They are owned by private individuals either wholly or through srtocks.

And your point is???

Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So where do we draw the line.

Proof please.

And your point is???

Well the line used to be drawn with the Biblical mandates.

But the constitution limites the federal government to only what is listed, and the rest is left to the states, cities or individuals therof.

If you want great proof of states restricitn rights of indiviuals, just go teh ACLJ website and read some of the cases they have fought. Kids being suspeneded for praying over their lunch in school, kids being disciplined for meeting for prayer at tehschools flagpole on their own before classes.

A teacher fired for having a bible in her desk. California just two weeks ago banning singing in public worship!

Then you can go to teh ACLU website and see some places where theyfought against resgtricitve state rules. Like fining people for smoking in their apartment or in their home next door to a smoker! I am against smoking ( a fomrer smoker) but we should either ban the product all together as a known health hazard or let people do what they wish in privacy!

The balance is what God has written down for our edification and benefit! America grew strong as de-Toqueville said because we were a good religiouos people for the most part!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your last line here is arguing for anarchy which is just as evil as a repressive state. All we have to do is look a tChina, the old Soviet Union, NOrth Korea to see if we want a powerful state governing us.

Remember what happened in WW 2 with FDR and his court appointed hacks. A dairy farmer was threatened with a fine and jail if he continued to grow hay for his own dairy cows on the basis he was interfering with interstate commerce!

So if thast was kept as a precedent, the state could come to you rproerty and trell you to stop growing tomatoes, cucumbers and say summer squash from one or two plants for that is interfering with interstate commerce!

Upvote 0