Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Better still, a German Court of Appeal decision vindicating the microbiologist Dr Lanka, who offered 100k euro prize for proof of the measles virus. Now it's the methodology that's the problem, so it applies just as well to HIV, SARS, Swine Flu and our newest pal, SARS nCov.

Shrewd Manager posted this earlier and his claim bothered me; I told him I simply wanted to see evidence from reputable sources--research hospitals, recent papers in peer reviewed journals, official government publications. He has yet to provide that.

The reason why this bothered me was because Germany does not have a court called the German Court of Appeals. I had the pleasure of visiting the Faculty of Law at Humboldt University in Berlin a number of years ago, so I am up on the organization of the German legal system. Germany does have the Landgericht (District Court), the Oberlandesgericht (Higher Regional Court) and the Bundesgerichtshof (Federal Court of Justice), but nothing with a name that would translate directly as the German Court of Appeals.

I looked up this particular case. A Dr. Stefan Lanka issued a challenge asking for scientific proof of the existence of a measles virus. His challenge stated that the prize money would only be paid “when a scientific publication is presented in which the existence of the measles virus is not only asserted, but also proven and, among other things, its size is determined”. This is a summary; the actual requirements were very detailed.

Dr David Bardens submitted six different papers and claimed to have won the award that was offered, €100,000. The problem was that none of his papers met all of Lanka’s requirements. The Oberlandesgericht held that the promoter of the award, Lanka, could determine the rules and decide if his criteria had been met. The judges said their decision was strictly a legal judgement and did not make any statement on the existence or nonexistence of the measles virus.

The decision was appealed to the Bundesgerichtshof, which dismissed the appeal.

Some right-wing nut job websites have claimed that the German Court of Appeals (you know, the court that does not exist) ruled that there is no measles virus. As I have shown, that was not what the court decided. The court examined the legal issues only, not the scientific issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well He cannot force people to wear masks. that is up to the governors and mayors and town councils.

He has said that people should wear masks, has ramped up production of PPE, ventilators, took the country into even more debt by handing out money, shut down international travel from hot spots- even when the left and Pelosi howled at him as racist for doing so.

He has fast tracked vaccines and we may a few ready for late fall! In this country with its layers of red tape, that is an unprecedented quick time!

Trump is rude, crude and very UN-PC but He has done an excellent job as President in handling this crisis.

The Dems want to trash the Constitution over this, He is obeying the limits the constitution has placed on teh federal govt.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well He cannot force people to wear masks. that is up to the governors and mayors and town councils.

True, but Trump could have worn a mask earlier to encourage people to wear them. He refused to do that for a long time.

He has said that people should wear masks, has ramped up production of PPE, ventilators, took the country into even more debt by handing out money, shut down international travel from hot spots- even when the left and Pelosi howled at him as racist for doing so.

handing out Federal money was actually done by Congress, although Trump certainly did sign the bill. The complaints about him shutting down international travel actually involved his shutting down of travel from nations that were said to be terrorist nations. I don’t believe that Pelosi complained about him shutting down virus-related travel from China.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, but Trump could have worn a mask earlier to encourage people to wear them. He refused to do that for a long time.

handing out Federal money was actually done by Congress, although Trump certainly did sign the bill. The complaints about him shutting down international travel actually involved his shutting down of travel from nations that were said to be terrorist nations. I don’t believe that Pelosi complained about him shutting down virus-related travel from China.

Pelosi went to San Frans china town to trash trump and to keep encouraging people from China to keep coming ot America, this was done in March if I remember correctly.

Yes I agree, Trump should have been up front and worn a mask. He didn't, but he had his medical experts all there advising mask wearing even though at that time some of them weren't wither.

We must remember that in MArch the nation was getting conflicting information from teh so called "experts" as to the virulence of Covid -19. Even Fauci wasn't for cancelling cruises back then!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt he would have done better. If for no other reason than he would have already gone through a pandemic before and known what to do from the beginning. They had a plan in place if this happened so, oh yeah, he would definitely done better than the ex-reality show host we have now. :wave:
tulc(since Lord Vega asked) :)
Oh yes..... anybody would have done better than Trump... right Tulc?

Look, Trump has experts in all fields. The give him advice and he does what the group of them believe to be best.

I would still take Trumps blatant unfiltered talk, crazy as it is sometimes.. Over scripted, filtered robotic banter that you would get from any life time politician who tells you what they think you want and need to hear.... anything but the truth... unless it can get votes.

Biden and Obama did not go through a pandemic like COVID19... at least I don't remember the entire globe on lock down under their leadership...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi went to San Frans china town to trash trump and to keep encouraging people from China to keep coming ot America, this was done in March if I remember correctly.

Yes I agree, Trump should have been up front and worn a mask. He didn't, but he had his medical experts all there advising mask wearing even though at that time some of them weren't wither.

We must remember that in MArch the nation was getting conflicting information from teh so called "experts" as to the virulence of Covid -19. Even Fauci wasn't for cancelling cruises back then!
You speak truth... but... Trump bad.... any Democrat would have done way better...... according to those who hate anything Trump does.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? I suspect President Trump couldn't accurately quote anything from the Constitution tulc(is even including the second Amendment in that) :wave:
I was going to respond to you but...

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...but you did respond to me. :sorry:
tulc(is just sayn')
It must have been a quite week for you. Since you only post any grain of dirt that you can spin to throw at Trump... He must not be doing that bad...

Pretty slim pickens for someone trying to show their hate for their President..

Why do you never put your hand in the bag and pull out one of the many things that could be presented.. about the pathetic actions across your country?

Such as this?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It must have been a quite week for you. Since you only post any grain of dirt that you can spin to throw at Trump... He must not be doing that bad...
Oh no he's been doing badly, it's just I've just been busy with a bunch of things going on in 3d world. :)

Pretty slim pickens for someone trying to show their hate for their President..
It's always amusing when people say this, it's not true, but I do understand why people who can't really find a way to refute the things being posted so instead the try and go the ad hominem fallacy route instead. :sigh:

Why do you never put your hand in the bag and pull out one of the many things that could be presented.. about the pathetic actions across your country? (snip)
Well...to be fair, President Trump and his administration do so much wrong/badly that the problem isn't finding things to point out it's more matter of picking out the things I find most interesting to discuss. :wave:
tulc(if JacksBratt would like to discuss other things he should feel free to post threads about what he finds interesting)

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh no he's been doing badly, it's just I've just been busy with a bunch of things going on in 3d world. :)

It's always amusing when people say this, it's not true, but I do understand why people who can't really find a way to refute the things being posted so instead the try and go the ad hominem fallacy route instead. :sigh:

Well...to be fair, President Trump and his administration do so much wrong/badly that the problem isn't finding things to point out it's more matter of picking out the things I find most interesting to discuss. :wave:
tulc(if JacksBratt would like to discuss other things he should feel free to post threads about what he finds interesting)

Is Tulc in favor of abortion?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Tulc in favor of abortion?
I'm in favor of staying on the topic of the tread we're posting in, but if you'd like to discuss that you should go ahead and start a thread on that topic where people could discuss it there. :wave:
tulc(since Scott Husted asked) :)

• Agree
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The article didn't say they were up to no good actually, besides an adults body contains roughly 20 to 30 trillion red blood cells ... which travel in the human body roughly 4 million miles a year, which also itself is quite unthinkable.
That's true, but the suggestion is they invade the cells and take over. It's more likely that they (or a many of them) are more like fuller's soap (protein solvents) released from the cells to fight pathogens and clean up mess.

But seriously, getting to numbers like 30 trillion or 4 million miles is highly theoretical, and I'd be taking those stats with a dose of salt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's true, but the suggestion is they invade the cells and take over. It's more likely that they (or a many of them) are more like fuller's soap (protein solvents) released from the cells to fight pathogens and clean up mess.

But seriously, getting to numbers like 30 trillion or 4 million miles is highly theoretical, and I'd be taking those stats with a dose of salt.

I guess you could just dismiss science all together, that is other than the science you do yourself, and even that knowing the human capacity to look right at something and not see it leaves doubt. Couple that with believing in a God who you cannot see logically makes for a very questionable state of mind.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm in favor of staying on the topic of the tread we're posting in, but if you'd like to discuss that you should go ahead and start a thread on that topic where people could discuss it there. :wave:
tulc(since Scott Husted asked) :)

Just a yes or no will do ...

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you could just dismiss science all together, that is other than the science you do yourself,

Well the bases of 'big science' have been unravelling over the last few years, and we're seeing that the foundational theories are just houses of cards to suit political agenda - just satan up to his usual tricks.

For example, evolution is the fallen version of biology, based on survival of the fittest. The true science understands the impetus is love, that's the design principle for life and growth. Even Newton still based his wacky gravitational theory on love v strife.

But you can't quantify it, and that's where satan will always lose. He can only con us that it's not real and only the material things are there, fighting in the slime for dominance in the hidden recesses of our flesh etc.

Time for the paradigm shift. We are fearfully and wondrously made.

Upvote 0