• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump 'offered Assange pardon....

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Allandavid, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+6,069
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    London: US President Donald Trump offered WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange a US presidential pardon or "some way out" two years ago, according to evidence to be presented at his London extradition trial.

He said Robinson's statement will describe how Republican Representative Dana Rohrabacher had visited the Australian in the Ecuadorian embassy to offer him a deal back in 2017.

Fitzgerald alluded to the deal requiring Assange to deny Russian links to the hacking and leaking of the Democratic National Committee's emails before the 2016 elections.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/president-trump-offered-assange-pardon-20200220-p542hl.html

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,150
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi allandavid,

If true, that would mean that Assange has better morality than Trump. Of course, if I remember correctly, Assange always considered that what he did, he did that people would know the truth. Trump should have known better than to ask him to lie to get a pardon.

God bless,
    In Christ, ted

3. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,800
    Seeker
    I wonder how long it'll take before the usual 'but Obama did X' post...

Or maybe there will just be flat denial.

4. Cimorene

Cimorene An American living the American Dream in Canada Supporter

+5,856
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Well yeah.

That's kind of a low bar though.

5. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+11,978
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Another link.

Edward Fitzgerald QC said a statement from Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows “Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange ... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks”.

6. essentialsaltes

+11,978
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    From Barr's confirmation:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+19,009
    Agnostic
    Single
    Who doesn't? (well, aside from his devoted followers, I suppose.)

Donald may have grown so accustomed to people selling out to him, he might assume that anyone and everyone would.

Thankfully, he's wrong.

8. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    I'm just glad to see JA out of jail.

9. essentialsaltes

+11,978
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  10. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
  11. Allandavid

+6,069
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Which is not the point of the thread...

Are you comfortable with the idea that Trump dangled a pardon in front of Assange, provided that he made false statements about the Russian election interference...?

12. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    Would you like me to take it back?

One thing I've learned is to wait till I hear the full story before I believe anyone that might have the slightest connection to Trump bashing.

13. Allandavid

+6,069
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Which is why I asked about “the idea”, rather than the conclusive fact. If true, are you comfortable with that behaviour...?

14. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+1,118
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I would assume he is not comfortable with any criticism of Trump or Trump's "absolute" power to do whatever he wants.

15. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    Honestly, I think you are now twisting your intention of the term, "the idea". In context, calling it an idea, is no indication whatsoever you don't think it is a fact. The following more than indicates it was indeed "dangled" not might have been, so please, just don't.

Either way..are you comfortable with my preferring not to bother with the hypothetical when I can wait for a factual situation to comment on?

16. Allandavid

+6,069
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Thank you for your non-answer. It pretty well confirms what I expected...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    You mean like you are not comfortable with NOT criticizing Trump every chance you get, and for no other reason than you lost the election?

18. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+1,118
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not a USA person, never been there. I didn't vote in the USA election and had no skin in the game.

19. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    You mean like your non answer to what I just charged you with? Hilarious. I think I'd just skip past that as well if I were you.. :)

What was it you "expected"?

You really didn't get what I was saying, did you? I think I was pretty clear I was going to wait to answer whatever real question there was to answer, not some hearsay from what is likely a biased media that could end up being nothing like it's claimed to be, I'm just not going to waste my time on it.

20. Kenny'sID

+5,494
    Christian
    Single
    Your point?