Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's about time we have a president who speaks from the heart rather than from the teleprompter, and doesn't hold back just because he's afraid he'll offend someone. People are tired of politicians who do that, and that's one of the reasons they voted for our current president.
you mean its the reason the minority of people voted for him. And id wager there were also many people who voted for him just because they hated hillary soooo mich. Not because hes an abrassive, antagonizer

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
you mean its the reason the minority of people voted for him. And id wager there were also many people who voted for him just because they hated hillary soooo mich. Not because hes an abrassive, antagonizer
when you had the two most unpopular candidates winning the nomination of each party, many votes will be driven simply because you cant stand the other candidate, just a little bit more. Both candidates, got a lot of "hold your nose" votes.

Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟35,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, what a role mode for our young men. Every day my son comments on the latest Trump tweets....I still can't explain to him how our generation managed to vote in a man with no character or principles.
Because we put up an alternative who had no more character.
We had the opportunity to offer an honest alternative who would fight for the people, and we passed on that opportunity.

When you offer only two bad alternatives, don't be surprised when people pick the one you think was the worst.

• Winner
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because we put up an alternative who had no more character.
We had the opportunity to offer an honest alternative who would fight for the people, and we passed on that opportunity.

When you offer only two bad alternatives, don't be surprised when people pick the one you think was the worst.
QFT

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Says the guy who wrote the book. And it doesn't qualify for a personality disorder, either.

The professor emeritus of psychiatry at Duke University Medical College goes on to state:
Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

His psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab. The antidote to a dystopic Trumpean dark age is political, not psychological.​

So stop insulting the mentally ill with these comparisons!

Over the top and hysterical; maybe the good Doktor needs to take his own medicine.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
when you had the two most unpopular candidates winning the nomination of each party, many votes will be driven simply because you cant stand the other candidate, just a little bit more. Both candidates, got a lot of "hold your nose" votes.
Oh. I agree. I just think it's ridiculous for Trump supporters to assume that he won because the majority of people agreed with him and therefore.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh. I agree. I just think it's ridiculous for Trump supporters to assume that he won because the majority of people agreed with him and therefore.
Trump won because fewer; women, hispanics and blacks were willing to vote for clinton, vs how many voted for obama.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So stop insulting the mentally ill with these comparisons!
One doctor who hasn't even met the guy doesn't get the final word on whether or not Trump is mentally ill. Even considering that he played a large role in defining one particular disorder. That's not how medicine works.

• Friendly
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The major difderence between trump and the clinton crowd is; trump is transparent with the false things he said. With the clinton camp, you had to dig to find the garbage and people wonder how much more is being hidden.

Yeah its like saying we are too dumb know truth.

What really slapped me is a Manhattan sized ice burg popped loose from the Antarctica which screams we are killing this planet so lets keep on burning and drilling and fracking fossil fuels.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The major difderence between trump and the clinton crowd is; trump is transparent with the false things he said. With the clinton camp, you had to dig to find the garbage and people wonder how much more is being hidden.
Because he knows his supporters will not put any effort into thinking about it and he can (and does) malign anyone who calls him out it seems.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Over the top and hysterical; maybe the good Doktor needs to take his own medicine.
Really? You think it's "over the top" and "hysterical" to claim that Donald Trump is NOT mentally ill? What, then, would be a moderate claim?

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because he knows his supporters will not put any effort into thinking about it and he can (and does) malign anyone who calls him out it seems.
First of all, narcissists will always attack anyone who criticizes them, even a little bit. I view trumps style, of being transparent with is comments, as something a lot of people are better able to cope with, vs someone who you wonder what is behind the curtain (clinton).

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't want to start a thread but...consider this:
http://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...as-said-he-doesnt-believe-that-smoking-kills/
Yes, that's right: Pence doesn't think that smoking causes cancer.

Let's all let that level of intelligence, sink into us for half a second......

In that link, Pence says two out of three smokers don't die from smoking. So in his estimation, something that kills one of three people using it is an acceptable risk.

But letting in Syrian refugees who have yet to harm anyone at all, is an unacceptable danger.

This is what passes for intelligence on the right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This really flies in the face of the idea that Russia hacked the election. But yes, many people did vote for him because they didn't like Hillary. But I think that says more negative things about Hillary than it does about Trump.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This really flies in the face of the idea that Russia hacked the election. But yes, many people did vote for him because they didn't like Hillary. But I think that says more negative things about Hillary than it does about Trump.
You're right
I actually felt really bad for clinton thinking that peoplw picked trump over her would/should be a MASSIVE bloe to an ego.
First of all, narcissists will always attack anyone who criticizes them, even a little bit. I view trumps style, of being transparent with is comments, as something a lot of people are better able to cope with, vs someone who you wonder what is behind the curtain (clinton).
i dont think coping has aything to do with it. Coping suggests the victim of the ruse is fully aware of thw negative impacts of what is happenning and has created some mitigating factors. Trump supporters relish in what he says and dont even admit/think he lies (you can see it unfolding in this thread)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This really flies in the face of the idea that Russia hacked the election.
Why would you say that? Most if not all the Russian "hacking" was to undermine Clinton.

But yes, many people did vote for him because they didn't like Hillary. But I think that says more negative things about Hillary than it does about Trump.
Yes, it does - or, at least, the negative opinion that too many people hold.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're right
I actually felt really bad for clinton thinking that peoplw picked trump over her would/should be a MASSIVE bloe to an ego.
i dont think coping has aything to do with it. Coping suggests the victim of the ruse is fully aware of thw negative impacts of what is happenning and has created some mitigating factors. Trump supporters relish in what he says and dont even admit/think he lies (you can see it unfolding in this thread)
Cope, was probably not the best term. What i meant was, people are more comfortable when someonebis transparent with their behavior, even if it isnt the best. People are more uncomfortable with wondering, what someone is hiding (clinton).

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would you say that? Most if not all the Russian "hacking" was to undermine Clinton.

If they were so successful, then how is it that Clinton got 3 million more of the popular vote?

Upvote 0