• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

TRUMP: MY CRIMES CAN’T BE INVESTIGATED WHILE I’M PRESIDENT

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by tulc, Sep 20, 2019.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+13,837
    Christian
    Married
    Trump: My Crimes Can’t Be Investigated While I’m President
    tulc(wait...what?) :sorry:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,199
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    LOL... I just read the article... "MY CRIMES CAN’T BE INVESTIGATED WHILE I’M PRESIDENT" isn't even something he said, not in those words anyway. And yet the title makes it look like these are his 'exact' words by putting "TRUMP:" in front of that line.

Fake news... more nonsense.

3. John P. Alexander

John P. Alexander Servant

+379
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    He certainly can be investigated even if he can't be indicted. I think it's safe to say that he has committed crimes.

However, I take issue with the headline. It makes it sound as if President Trump said his crimes can't be investigated, almost as if he's admitting to crimes, but he didn't say that at all. This is very dishonest.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,897
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree it is deceptive.
    His lawyers are saying that a sitting president can't be investigated. If that were true Nixon was illegally investigated and so was Clinton. Lawyers do speak for their clients.

5. GACfan

GACfan Active Member

+540
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, the title to the article in the OP is dishonest because Trump never said that. As far as the crimes he could be charged with once he is no longer the President, the following articles give details about the crimes he could be indicted for once he's out of office. I think he'll be in some serious trouble.

Mueller said Trump could be indicted once he leaves office

The 5 crimes Mueller suggests Trump could be charged with

Donald Trump Could Face Criminal Charges The Day He Leaves Office

Mueller: Trump could be charged with obstruction of justice after leaving office

6. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,655
    Methodist
    Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian leader just a day after Mueller testified before Congress makes it painfully obvious that this President learned nothing from the Investigation and that in an act of defiance provided the "smoking gun" that Mueller was never able to find!

Based on his actions Trump was sending the message that as President has can solicit the support of a foreign country to interfere in the 2020 Presidential Election without fear of being held accountable under the law!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  7. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,655
    Methodist
    This President has made it abundantly clear in an act of wilful defiance that he considers himself to be above the law and defies anyone to prove otherwise!

8. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,655
    Methodist

Lindsey Graham (Clinton Impeachment): "You judge based on their actions, not their magic phrases!"

Graham went on to state that as President, Clinton didn't even have to commit a crime to be impeached by Congress and "cleansed" from the office!