loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump Misleads Rallygoers on IG Report, Impeachment
During his first campaign rally after Democrats announced two articles of impeachment and the Justice Department inspector general released a report on the FBI’s Russia investigation, President Donald Trump distorted the facts on both topics.

• The White House memo on Trump’s July 25 phone call with the president of Ukraine corroborated the whistleblower complaint’s description. Yet, Trump continued to falsely claim otherwise, and once again distorted the timeline of events to leave the false impression that his release of the memo exposed the Democrats as liars.
  • Trump accused the FBI of framing him, saying it “hid” evidence that showed his campaign “did absolutely nothing wrong.” The IG report found the FBI omitted some “exculpatory information” when obtaining a surveillance warrant for one campaign official, but it did not find any “intentional misconduct.”
  • The president claimed that the articles of impeachment showed Democrats are “now admitting there was no collusion, there was no obstruction of justice and there were no crimes whatsoever” related to the Russia investigation. But that’s not what the articles say.
  • Trump said he “heard” that former FBI lawyer Lisa Page requested a restraining order against former FBI senior counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, with whom Page had an affair. On Twitter, Page called Trump’s statement “a lie.”
tulc(thought this was interesting) :wave:

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Majority of the rally goers are used to Trump, and how he tends to view things. Whereas many people take how he says things with a grain of salt? They also tend to giggle at the over the top reaction to it from the media. Although, no doubt Trump likes the free publicity he doesn't have to pay for.

Although, I personally don't like him? I will never understand why people don't see how the reaction to him plays right into his hands at time. If they would just tone it down a bit it would help.

I was cleaning yesterday while the hearings were on TV, and so I listened to part of them. I doubt anyone will be held accountable, but their actions were not as squeaky clean as they are being presented. They never are. If I were guessing? The report said they could not find any documented bias, and that would be hard anyway in reality. Yet, motives are hard to document which will be interesting to see how they intend to prove later on too against him (Trump).

Upvote 0