variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Where are all the "2nd amendment is needed to protect from government tyranny" people ? At the very least they should be speaking out even if they don't agree with the politics of the people who are getting detained.

We've always needed the 2nd amendment to protect ourselves from those who worship the second amendment.

The current government is a bunch of punks who have no respect for the baseline principles of republic that our country was founded on. They don't in my opinion have what it takes to actually dictate terms to the rest of the population.

That's why these brown shirts are some low level border patrol agents that have been on the job for six months or so. Trump is a punk, he would never actually order in the military, who I don't think would listen if so ordered.

He's only a wannabe dictator. He is dipping his pinky toe in the deep end to see what it's like.

Upvote 0

revybub

Just here to grow, learn, give council, love God
Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Michigan
✟192,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To activate the military to operate in the U.S., Trump would have to invoke the 213-year-old Insurrection Act, which four people familiar with the decision had told NBC News he planned to do.

The military police forces would come from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, and possibly Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and they could arrive in Washington within hours, these people said.
Twitter is blowing up about it. Sounds like he may have done it. Do we know this for sure? There are pics there are boots on the ground in DC. What can we expect?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Twitter is blowing up about it. Sounds like he may have done it. Do we know this for sure? There are pics there are boots on the ground in DC. What can we expect?
I would expect you to show some supporting evidence of this claim.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see anything in the news that he has.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't see anything in the news that he has.

I'm the claim that he has signed the Insurrection Act and appointed Gen. Flynn as VP on right-wing forums, but nothing from any official media sources.

From one link:

"AVOID THE MAINSTREAM NEWS, Between now till the 19th, an emergency broadcast will be made, Trump will be inaugurated back into office for a second term, in the White House, under military protection.

Mainstream News will be sorted out and dealt with last.
"

Again, i will be entirely unsurprised if Trump tries to take another term by the use of force. I've been saying it was part of his plan for the last 6 months.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm the claim that he has signed the Insurrection Act and appointed Gen. Flynn as VP on right-wing forums, but nothing from any official media sources.

From one link:

"AVOID THE MAINSTREAM NEWS, Between now till the 19th, an emergency broadcast will be made, Trump will be inaugurated back into office for a second term, in the White House, under military protection.

"

Again, i will be entirely unsurprised if Trump tries to take another term by the use of force. I've been saying it was part of his plan for the last 6 months.

Well if he has, I don't think the bulk of the armed forces will go with it. There is not enough violence to warned such a call. I do agree with you that if he thinks it has a high chance of succeeding he will do it, but it should be clear that it does not.

And Trump seems allergic to prison time.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if he has, I don't think the bulk of the armed forces will go with it. There is not enough violence to warned such a call. I do agree with you that if he thinks it has a high chance of succeeding he will do it, but it should be clear that it does not.

And Trump seems allergic to prison time.

The military chiefs--every single one of them--have said in recent weeks that they won't stand behind any single man, but will uphold the Constitution.

At this point, with the Supreme Court, the Congress, and the Vice-President all on record and the Constitutional path having fully been taken to lead to a change of administration, the military chiefs won't support that kind of order from the president.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AVOID THE MAINSTREAM NEWS, Between now till the 19th, an emergency broadcast will be made, Trump will be inaugurated back into office for a second term, in the White House, under military protection.

"

Speaking of which, no one from the Executive Branch has made a public statement since the president's last recorded video on 7 January. Is the Executive branch even functioning at this point?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of which, no one from the Executive Branch has made a public statement since the president's last recorded video on 7 January. Is the Executive branch even functioning at this point?
I don't think so.

The president is scheduled to make an appearance in Texas tomorrow, i'm curious to see how that will work out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Melania put out a statement decrying the salacious gossip (that she spent Jan 6th overseeing a furniture of the WH photoshoot) about herself. She also said that her heart went out to "Air Force Veteran, Ashli Babbitt, Benjamin Philips, Kevin Greeson, Roseanne Boyland, and Capitol Police Officers, Brian Sicknick and Howard Liebengood" - odd choice of order given the circumstances - she put the insurrectionists ahead of our boys in blue.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0