Midwest
✟264,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Lets start with this: Americans should have read and paid attention to the laws passed in 2000 - 2005.

Then, we can worry about how the dots connect. The fact that we let prejudice distract us from the real enemy is why we are being so famously exploited without realizing it.

Technically, a crazy conspiracy theorist from the 70s - 80s could say, "I told you so" to us. We just like to scoff first, then cry about it later - acting on impulsiveness rather than strategy (exactly by design). Why do humans let themselves be exploited so easily like this? We have archives of history, strategy and economics literature so that we wouldn't be in this position.

If you were on acid (allegedly able to see waaaaaaaaay beyond this plane of existence), it still wouldn't matter: when you come back to reality, you will see that humans will never make it to "that point" based on how inconsequential and petty we are - and toward each other. Any entity taking advantage of us is only doing what they are supposed to do: find a fool, bump his head.

What laws in the 2000-2005 time period should we have been paying attention to?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, why is your avatar in Black Nationalist colors? I wore those colors back in 1970.
I decided to bring Calvin back sporting the pan-African colors.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the President has found a legal loophole that allows him to use the Border Patrol as secret police, who's guarding the border?
I doubt people are eager to come to United State to deal with COVID-19 plague. I have to say, Trump allowing COVID-19 get out of control. May have stopped illegal's from coming (plane or border)to the United States.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I doubt people are eager to come to United State to deal with COVID-19 plague. I have to say, Trump allowing COVID-19 get out of control. May have stopped illegal's from coming (plane or border)to the United States.
Plus, if we stop keeping track of border crossings, then illegal immigration disappears.
-Trump logic 101

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He seems to be following the Hitler playbook with his own variations.

Shouldn't be surprising given Trump's admiration of authoritarian leaders and dictators.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Federal agents "just started whaling" on a 53 year old Navy veteran Christopher David:

"Why are you not honoring your oath to the Constitution?" he says he yelled at the officers. Video of the incident shows an officer dressed in camouflage hitting David with a baton and another officer spraying him in the face with a chemical irritant.
"I stood my ground at that point and just stayed there ... I did nothing provocative. They just started whaling on me with batons, and I let them," David told The Independent. The incident left him with a broken hand.

...linked video here:
'They Just Started Whaling On Me': Violence In Portland As U.S. Agents Clamp Down

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We’re now starting to see the kind of police violence you get in failed states.

This is Trump’s America. This will be his legacy.

Making America Great Again

(Maybe "Make America Great Again" was meant to apply after his presidency? There is certainly going to be a lot to clean up for the next incumbent.)

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Making America Great Again

(Maybe "Make America Great Again" was meant to apply after his presidency? There is certainly going to be a lot to clean up for the next incumbent.)

Right from the early days of his presidency his words and actions gave tacit approval to the worst elements in the basket of deplorables. We should have anticipated this slide into fascism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟217,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Where are all the "2nd amendment is needed to protect from government tyranny" people ? At the very least they should be speaking out even if they don't agree with the politics of the people who are getting detained.

Upvote 0