Trump may invoke the Insurrection Act in order to deploy military within the US

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.

But interviews conducted by OPB show officers are also detaining people on Portland streets who aren’t near federal property, nor is it clear that all of the people being arrested have engaged in criminal activity.

Is this America or Russia?

Trump has now firmly crossed the line from admiring authoritarianism to engaging in it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.

But interviews conducted by OPB show officers are also detaining people on Portland streets who aren’t near federal property, nor is it clear that all of the people being arrested have engaged in criminal activity.

Is this America or Russia?
Comrades! Russia is land of free and home of brave. Just like United Satellite America. Brave and loyal secret police protect citizens from unpatriotic other citizens.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't break the law, Don't protest police brutality, and Don't bad mouth the President and you should be just fine.
Loyalty. That’s all the President’s asking for. Is it so hard to be loyal to your President after all the sacrifices he has made for us?

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Riots, curfews, martial law, runaway pandemic.

There really are no words.

I'm sure some people from 15-20 year ago would say, "I told you so."

Also,

We have no excuse for where we are now, but there are plenty of words. It is typical for nations to ignore the warnings that can make it prosper, or that would cause it to collapse.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm sure some people from 15-20 year ago would say, "I told you so."

Also,

We have no excuse for where we are now, but there are plenty of words. It is typical for nations to ignore the warnings that can make it prosper, or that would cause it to collapse.

I’m a few beers deep so you are going to need to connect the dots for me between the early 2nd Bush years (2000-2005) to now that we should have listened to.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The military leadership has already dropped broad hints that the telephones in the Pentagon might stop working.
Hello? ...,, Hello....Can you hear me....?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m a few beers deep so you are going to need to connect the dots for me between the early 2nd Bush years (2000-2005) to now that we should have listened to.

Lets start with this: Americans should have read and paid attention to the laws passed in 2000 - 2005.

Then, we can worry about how the dots connect. The fact that we let prejudice distract us from the real enemy is why we are being so famously exploited without realizing it.

Technically, a crazy conspiracy theorist from the 70s - 80s could say, "I told you so" to us. We just like to scoff first, then cry about it later - acting on impulsiveness rather than strategy (exactly by design). Why do humans let themselves be exploited so easily like this? We have archives of history, strategy and economics literature so that we wouldn't be in this position.

If you were on acid (allegedly able to see waaaaaaaaay beyond this plane of existence), it still wouldn't matter: when you come back to reality, you will see that humans will never make it to "that point" based on how inconsequential and petty we are - and toward each other. Any entity taking advantage of us is only doing what they are supposed to do: find a fool, bump his head.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If the President has found a legal loophole that allows him to use the Border Patrol as secret police, who's guarding the border?
The gigantic wall he built with Mexico’s money of course!

Upvote 0