Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sometimes politicians deserve to be mocked. Trump deserves to be mocked. If people don't like him being mocked maybe he should stop doing things that invite mockery. Trump is a pathetic human being and that anyone supports him is just baffling to me, but when people who pride themselves on being moral pillars of society and preach love support him so blindly.... I just don't know what to think. It's an us vs them mentality that apparently not even the Holy Spirit can overcome.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think we would all be better off if we accepted the results of elections, even if we don't like the candidate who won, and then looked forward to the next election when, with more effort, more organization, a better candidate or whatever, we might win instead of lose.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Why are we only searching by title?

If someone started a thread in 2010 that had the title "President makes stupid decision", it doesn't hit on your search. Bad methodology.

Not just bad methodology, but the results don't really align to his claims either. There are multiple ways to search, and the results yielded by the site (even when all selections are the same (i.e. search string, title only, specific forum, time criteria), depending on which page you submit from it yields different results.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
I think we would all be better off if we accepted the results of elections, even if we don't like the candidate who won, and then looked forward to the next election when, with more effort, more organization, a better candidate or whatever, we might win instead of lose.

You didn't seem to think that from 2008-2016.

Upvote 0

CGB3928

Feb 6, 2019
SouthEast USA
✟10,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
?? How would that help him? They will just pin "coward"on him and the image of the Democratic nominee showing up for the debate live on all the major networks and Trump not there....The democrats would love that! He will show up. It's an empty threat.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I'd love to have someone document that. What you've said is easy enough to say, but demonstrating how occasional digs at Obama equal the hatefest that was orchestrated against Trump before he took office and has been going on for two years now would really be an accomplishment.

People for years were just as nasty towards Obama. Plenty of blatantly racist stuff targeted at him, such as mock lynchings, photoshopping him as an ape, etc.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't seem to think that from 2008-2016.

Who else remembers this verse: "Let his days be few; and let another take his office" being recited by conservatives during the eight years of Obama's administration? It's ironic how that particular verse has been replaced within the Religious Right with the scriptures about how God ordains our leaders (and Christians are called to obey the government authorities) since Trump was elected President and he panders to the evangelical Christian faith and to the political whims of conservative Christians.

Sen. Perdue offers prayer for Obama: 'Let his days be few'

Mike O’Neal, Kansas House Speaker, Emails Prayer Some Say Wishes For Obama’s Death

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What does that tell us?
It tells us that they have not a clue.
Or trying to deceive others.
M-Bob

Fully agree with you on everything you wrote, Bob. I just disagree on who is the "they" lacking a clue & trying to deceive others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean reserve our criticism until the next election?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
People for years were just as nasty towards Obama. Plenty of blatantly racist stuff targeted at him, such as mock lynchings, photoshopping him as an ape, etc.

Yep. I know this fact on account of having lived in a town for a while where they thought it was funny to make "jokes" about lynching Obama.

Trump gained popularity with those racist folks from the birther conspiracy nonsense on account of how it soothed their rage to think that the first black POTUS may not be legitimate. What really makes it wicked is that the same folks who did that for 8 years then want to turn around & sermonize that Trump must be respected on account of how God chooses our elected leaders.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
After the birther fiasco this seems a day late and a dollar short.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. I know this fact on account of having lived in a town for a while where they thought it was funny to make "jokes" about lynching Obama.

Trump gained popularity with those racist folks from the birther conspiracy nonsense on account of how it soothed their rage to think that the first black POTUS may not be legitimate. What really makes it wicked is that the same folks who did that for 8 years then want to turn around & sermonize that Trump must be respected on account of how God chooses our elected leaders.

QFT, particularly your last sentence.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean reserve our criticism until the next election?

I honestly think that the moral character of the President will once again be an important moral issue within the Religious Right if the next President elected is a liberal Democrat. There would have been unbridled moral indignation and outrage coming from the Religious Right who now support Trump if Obama had demonstrated the slightest hint of sexual deviant behavior that Trump is guilty of himself.

If Obama had bragged about sexually groping multiple women, the conservative Christians who now support Trump would have NEVER called his bragging locker room banter or macho talk. They never would have insisted that Obama shouldn't be judged for his sins or insist that his sins are between him and God if he had had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her. He would have been berated if he had bragged about watching teenage girls getting undressed during beauty pageants. He would have also been repeatedly berated if he had been twice divorced and in his third marriage to his former mistress or if he fathered five children with three different women.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I cant be bothered but if you go to last page you should be asked to show more hits.

But as I said the search seem to be borked.

2-300 threads is way to low on either one.
That appears to be what happened. He used the hits instead of actually looking. I cant believe he's doubling down after I documented over 1000 threads about President Obama just from 2012 to 2016 alone.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0