• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump May boycott 2020 debates after DNC snubs Fox News

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,969
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Can't we do both? Mock our sad president and pray for our country's leaders?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+15,271
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Except, we are responsible for him.

He was elected by us to lead our country. Everything he says and does as president is more of a reflection on ourselves than anything else.

I don't blame Trump for being the terrible person he is, I blame us for not having higher standards.

3. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    If I might observe, it's pretty awesome how you hadn't posted in 7 years and that fully half your posts in 8 years have been to this thread. I don't have that sort of self-control.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+366
    United States
    Catholic
    Single

Do you think any Rebublicans will challenge him?

• List
  5. USincognito

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Alright. Here's a few things the Twitterer in Chief neglected to mention in his rant.
    2016 Democratic Party presidential debates and forums - Wikipedia
    Fox News didn't host a single DNC debate. They were scheduled to sponsor one in March, but it was cancelled.

He also doesn't mention that the RNC pulled out of a primary debate after they didn't a CNBC run debate in 2015.
    RNC pulls out of NBC debate

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+15,271
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    They wouldn't have the stones to stand up to his base.

7. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+6,852
    United States
    Christian
    Single

Oh for Pete's sake, AGAIN?

AGAIN a Trump supporter capitalizes the pronoun when referring to Trump like he's freaking GOD.

Am I the only one who sees this? How can this many times be an accident? It isn't Trump who scares me by now; it's his followers who seem to outright revere him in ways like this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  8. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,487
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Christians have been mocking our president at least 8 years before Trump got in office. Now that Trump's in office Christians should stop now.

9. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    If the DNC follows though with their blocking Fox news, would he be wrong to do the same?

10. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Criticizing a president's policies is not the same as mocking the president. Obama had plenty of policies to criticize.

11. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Look to see how many Obama bashing threads are on this forum. Then compare that to how many trump bashing threads there are and tell me what you find.

12. USincognito

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I don't think you really want to go there. You've only been a member here since 2015. 85% of your entire membership has been under Trump. Some of us who were here from 2008 to 2016 remember.

Or were you talking about currently, which wouldn't make any sense because President Obama has been out of office for 2 years?

13. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,770
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Lol, I think his petulance would be advantageous to everybody else. Would be a treat it would be to have a debate without Donald there! It could be a functional political debate, not feel like a rerun of a bad reality show if Donald's off in his echo chamber at Fox and the rest of the candidates - including the Republicans challenging him for the primary - are on the networks. Thanks for sharing the great news, Bob.

14. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well, I can tell you that there are more Trump bashing threads on this forum in the last two years than the total Obama threads to date. What does that tell you?

15. USincognito

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    What do you mean by "to date"? Because if you mean since you joined CF, then yeah, Trump has been in office while President Obama has not so it doesn't surprise me that there would be more Trump threads overall (positive or negative).

If you mean since President Obama started his campaign in 2007, that's laughably and demonstrably false.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,716
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Just do a search for threads with the name trump in the title and the treads with Obama in the title. I was a incorrect in saying that there are more trump threads but I am not that far off. Since the beginning of Christian Forums, there was 268 threads with Obama's name in the title. In the relatively short period of three years, Trump has racked up 242 threads. Even then, most of the Obama threads were about his failed policies and not about bashing him as a person.

17. MariaJLM

MariaJLM Crazy Cat Lady

+1,416
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    CA-Others
    There's obviously going to be more Trump bashing threads since he's president right now so I don't really get what kind of point you're trying to make here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. USincognito

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    You were able to determine that in less than 10 minutes? :rolleyes:

• List
  19. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,207
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Trump is terrified of debates.

20. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+16,294
    Agnostic
    Single
    Perhaps not -- pretty much Donald's entire policy has been "run and hide" under the pretense of "America first."