Denver CO
✟203,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm kind of confuse here though tulc. Maybe you can help me out. Didn't the Obama administration use the same term "kung" when it came to their flu virus program? Wonder why everybody wasn't so upset then?

Obama administration used ‘racist’ pun ‘kung flu’ in multiple official campaigns
There's a difference between a slogan "be a kung flu fighter and get your flu shot", as a means of communicating the need to fight a flu virus that didn't originate China, and how Trump means it. The first is just a pun, the second one is meant as derogatory toward China. I don't see the latter as even funny by any means, but I'm not sure it qualifies as racist.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If COVID-19 had occured when a virus from a bat cave in Austin spread to a domestic animal, and then to humans would you blame America?

If Washington actively covered up the origins of the virus to the point of arresting people who investigated it, then allowed residents of Austin to travel abroad, spreading it to countries all over the world, most certainly I would.

That's not even on Trump's radar; all that matters to him is finding someone to take the blame off himself.

Like the country that made the rest of the world, not just the US, sick.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like the country that made the rest of the world, not just the US, sick.

The rest of the world had competent leadership, and by doing the right things, brought the pandemic under control.

Since we had no one competent at the helm, it spiraled out of control and now we are the major source of infection in the world. So much so, that it appears we will not be able to travel to the EU until someone finds the will to actually deal with it on a national basis.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the difference between kung-flu and kung-fu? How is that racist. I really am trying to understand?
Well...kung flu is a racist dog whistle that some people pretend is a "joke", and kung fu isn't:
Kung fu (term) - Wikipedia
In general, kung fu/kungfu (/ˌkʌŋˈfuː/ ( listen) or /ˌkʊŋˈfuː/; 功夫, Pinyin: gōngfu) refers to the Chinese martial arts also called wushu and quanfa. In China, it refers to any study, learning, or practice that requires patience, energy, and time to complete. In its original meaning, kung fu can refer to any discipline or skill achieved through hard work and practice, not necessarily martial arts. The Chinese literal equivalent of "Chinese martial art" would be 中國武術 zhōngguó wǔshù.[1]
tulc(hopes that clears it up) :wave:

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well...kung flu is a racist dog whistle that some people pretend is a "joke", and kung fu isn't:
Kung fu (term) - Wikipedia

tulc(hopes that clears it up) :wave:
Ok thank you. For the record I never saw kung-flu as a joke. Just simply stating that the virus came from China.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The rest of the world had competent leadership, and by doing the right things, brought the pandemic under control.

Since we had no one competent at the helm, it spiraled out of control and now we are the major source of infection in the world. So much so, that it appears we will not be able to travel to the EU until someone finds the will to actually deal with it on a national basis.

The rest of the world got it under control? Are you watching what’s going on in Latin America?

We had a President who had the sense to quarantine incoming travelers, and ban travel from China. We can’t say as much for Europe, and it shows from their data. That’s why you saw the hospitals there overwhelmed the initial crush of patients, which, outside of the greater NYC area, you never really saw in the US. I don’t know how you’d describe what most of the Western European countries did as competent...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The rest of the world got it under control? Are you watching what’s going on in Latin America?

You have a point. The autocrat of Brazil, for example, chose to go Trump's way. And yes, it's the same bungled disaster we're now living through.

We had a President who had the sense to quarantine incoming travelers, and ban travel from China.

It played to his base, but it was too little, too late. And he knew it; he just chose to pretend otherwise. His own people warned him he needed to take serious action. He pretended that it would just go away "like a miracle." And this is why the EU is now coming out of the disaster, regaining economic strength, while our economy continues to sink and thousands continue to die.

Trump's legacy is tens of thousands of dead Americans who didn't have to die, and a shattered economy that will not recover until the pandemic is handled.

Upvote 0