Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why did you completely ignore my post while quoting it? Did or did not Trump divest from his business when he ran for president? If he did, then why did he report revenue from businesses he supposedly no longer owned? How would the revenues of businesses he divested from have any place in his personal asset statements?

If he didn't divest then what is happening in the picture I posted? What are all those folders of papers? Trump claimed they were documents proving he divested from the Trump companies and turned over responsibility of them to his children. Did he lie?

I don't know what Trump did or didn't do regarding his businesses. I thought he gave operational control to his family while he was serving as president.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And when Pelosi and Biden did WORSE in the early days of C19 it wasn't awful?

Worse than what?

At what number do lives suddenly matter?

I asked first.

There are a lot of people dying of everything everywhere it is a fact of life

Your apathy is noted.

do we not allow nobody to risk death anywhere in the US because "someone could DIE if we allowed them to do so?

Yes, actually -- speed limits on the highways, health inspections in restaurants... public safety and welfare is a legitimate government concern.

It is a give and take and claiming the moral high ground based upon some arbitrary number for political profit

And what exactly was the alleged "profit"?

is WORSE and MORE uncaring than balancing the risk and letting people choose as much as reasonably possible.

I guess we've already forgotten that the disease is contageous.

Russian Roulette is a fun pastime when the gun is pointed at my own head... how about I point it at yours instead?

Now that's entertainment!

If we could shut down the country all year, lock all the borders and no flights and save another 120,000 people would you approve of these actions?

Since we can't do that, it's a moot point.

Would you approve of the government padlocking your door and shoving tv dinners every day through your mail slot so you won't die of C19?

At this level of hysterical hyperbole, there is nothing productive to be had from the discussion.

I leave you to your fear of the Left.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But Obama didn't just play less golf! You raised the issue of golfing so I responded that that.

However, if it's taxpayer money being squandered, Obama was much worse.

He just preferred to vacation in other ways, although he did also play golf. His wife took an entire entourage of numerous family members, friends, nannies, personal secretaries, advisors, and the like on a foreign tour on a number of occasions and at the cost of tens of millions; and it was just a vacation like others Barack and the family took at other times. You don't mind that expenditure of 50 million or more dollars of taxpayer money I'm thinking.

For specifics, read this:

Michelle Obama travel expense update: Your tax dollars at work | Investor's Business Daily

44.4 million -- still comes in way under Donald's golfing expenses... and we may never know how much of that he pocketed.

But if we're bringing First Ladies into this, we're going to need Melania's expense account too...

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Worse than what?

I asked first.
[

Your apathy is noted.

Yes, actually -- speed limits on the highways, health inspections in restaurants... public safety and welfare is a legitimate government concern.

And what exactly was the alleged "profit"?

I guess we've already forgotten that the disease is contageous.

Russian Roulette is a fun pastime when the gun is pointed at my own head... how about I point it at yours instead?

Now that's entertainment!

Since we can't do that, it's a moot point.

At this level of hysterical hyperbole, there is nothing productive to be had from the discussion.

I leave you to your fear of the Left.
I am wise to fear the left as they have more power than wisdom and will likely destroy the country trying to save an extra 500k people many of which may die when C20-22 hit here anyway. The money spent on C19 excessive restrictions could be used to save 4-5 times as many lives otherwise or used to greatly increase the quality of life for people in many poor areas of the country. If we removed a lot of lockdowns and took half the money saved and used it to help homeless and people in 3rd world countries we may save a huge amount of lives but then we have Democrats that railed against Trump and his America first, while they are being guilty of doing the EXACT same things valuing American lives FIRST. ironic isn't it that 500k American lives are worth more to them than millions of lives elsewhere?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am wise to fear the left as they have more power than wisdom and will likely destroy the country trying to save an extra 500k people many of which may die when C20-22 hit here anyway.

You fear the left becasue they're going to destroy the country...

good to know.

The money spent on C19 excessive restrictions could be used to save 4-5 times as many lives otherwise or used to greatly increase the quality of life for people in many poor areas of the country.

...as long as they don't get sick.

If we removed a lot of lockdowns and took half the money saved and used it to help homeless and people in 3rd world countries we may save a huge amount of lives but then we have Democrats that railed against Trump and his America first, while they are being guilty of doing the EXACT same things valuing American lives FIRST.

I see -- you hate the Left because you think they hate America.

ironic isn't it that 500k American lives are worth more to them than millions of lives elsewhere?

Not especially -- but I do see where the hysterical hyperbole comes from.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am wise to fear the left as they have more power than wisdom and will likely destroy the country trying to save an extra 500k people many of which may die when C20-22 hit here anyway.
Wow. Just ... wow.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But Obama didn't just play less golf! You raised the issue of golfing so I responded that that.

He just preferred to vacation in other ways, although he did also play golf. His wife took an entire entourage of numerous family members, friends, nannies, personal secretaries, advisors, and the like on a foreign tour on a number of occasions and at the cost of tens of millions; and it was just a vacation like others Barack and the family took at other times. You don't mind that expenditure of 50 million or more dollars of taxpayer money I'm thinking.

Michelle Obama travel expense update: Your tax dollars at work | Investor's Business Daily

Totally False! Trump and family have spent tens of millions more in 4 years than the Obamas did in 8 years!

But the Obamas paid for their own personal expenses – not U.S. taxpayers. Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, told FactCheck.org in an e-mail: "All personal travel and expenses incurred were paid for personally."

Michelle's European Vacation - FactCheck.org

Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, obtained government records in December 2016 near the end of the Obama administration and summarized the Obama family's eight years of travel, putting the known cost at $96.9 million. "The Obamas' notorious abuse of presidential travel perks wasted military resources and stressed the Secret Service. Judicial Watch estimates that the final costs of Obama's unnecessary vacation and political travel will well exceed $100 million," Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton said in December. At that time, he added: "President-elect Trump can immediately save taxpayers money by reforming presidential travel."

Trump's trips versus Obama's: When vacations cost millions

Trump's trips to his "resorts" both here and abroad at a cost between 130 to 150 million...

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But the Obamas paid for their own personal expenses – not U.S. taxpayers. Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary, told FactCheck.org in an e-mail: "All personal travel and expenses incurred were paid for personally."

and if you believe that travelling the world on personal vacations, not diplomatic tours, at a cost of about $100 million dollars was paid for out of Obama's private funds, I have a house in Chicago to sell you. It's Obama's home, which he was too poor to afford to buy on his own prior to his run for President.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and if you believe that travelling the world on personal vacations, not diplomatic tours, at a cost of about $100 million dollars was paid for out of Obama's private funds, I have a house in Chicago to sell you. It's Obama's home, which he was too poor to afford to buy on his own prior to his run for President.

And if you believe that your purported exaggerations from far right sources represent the truth...then it speaks volumes. Once again Judicial Watch which is a decidedly right leaning source places Obama travel, golf, vacation at 114 million over 8 years. Trump spent anywhere from 20 to 30 million more in his golf trips, that is not factoring in the rest of his family trips, ... and do recall the millions spent when melania stayed in NY initially plus plane trips to and from DC. Plus the monies paid by taxpayers to trump properties for secret service accommodations, meals, etc. ($ 17,000. a month for a cottage at Bedminster- whether trump was there or not, and $ 650. a night at mar-a-lago) $650 a night at Mar-a-Lago, $17,000 a month at Bedminster: What Trump’s company charges taxpayers for Secret Service lodging

The FACT is your numbers are simply exaggerated by the extreme right... Judicial Watch is not at all "sympathetic" to Obama's travel expenses. So, your numbers are wrong and your house in Chicago...you should rent because nobody is buying your claims as to its value!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And if you believe that your purported exaggerations from far right sources represent the truth.

Actually, I do NOT purport to rely upon exaggerated "far right" sources to represent the truth. No. Definitely not.

^_^

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you didn't get the point. It's all right.

Probably because I just had returned from the Dentist and then needed to clean the horse paddocks... perhaps too, I need to invest more time to the Two Kingdoms!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

True enough, but Michelle Obama paid the expenses (nannies included) for her own vacation and for her friends out of her own pocket - she was wealthy in her own right, but still the right scream bloody murder as though they were paying for anything other than common security. Now, when she went on FLOTUS business, the office staff were paid for, same as for other First Ladies.

Interestingly, we didn't hear a peep or a whine for the millions in security costs that Melania cost by staying in Manhattan until she was able to renegotiate the prenup. The Trump boys racked up quite tremendous bills of their own for security on their overseas travel, but again, no peeps from you guys. No travelogues published by Tom Fitton for the First Family after 2016. Odd, that.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It really says a lot that when confronted with the fact that our supposedly self-sacrificing and "successful businessman" former president grifted off of the federal government, the response is "Buh buh buh Pelosi!" whataboutism.
Ringo

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Emmabecker

Feb 27, 2021
Manila City Philippines
✟15,309.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Of course, he did. There was a lot of aspects that we can talk about with his presidency. There were a lot of people who were questionable when it comes to their decision making. I hope that more people are aware of what happens because there are just some questionable things that we do. There are people who will have trouble with this kind of thing because there are just some aspects that we see and there are a lot of people who will discredit it. There are problems and we have to accept that in the end.

Upvote 0