Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I should hope so. His total wealth was reduced by over 2 billion while he attended to the business of being president.
wow! Good thing he was able to get SOOOOO much taxpayer money as his income or he would have been closer to 2.6 billion.
Not sure what that means, but he returned his salary to the treasury. Four years of that would be more than a million dollars. What other president do you know who did this?
I thought he donated it.
What other president do I know that didn't create a blind trust?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what that means, but he returned his salary to the treasury. Four years of that would be more than a million dollars. What other president do you know who did this?

What other president do you know that spent more on golf in 4 years than the previous president spent in 8 years? Attending to business?... playing golf, watching TV, rallies, and tweeting... many instances of monies being funneled to the trump org. through inauguration, campaign donor funds into his business, at the same time charging the taxpayer for Secret Service accommodations and meals at his properties. So we, taxpayers, have been paying millions and millions to the trump org. through military flights, pence staying at his resort in Ireland - which cost taxpayers $ 600,000. in transportation cost because of the distance from trump resort, and with the GOP funneling monies into the trump coffers... And him giving up 1.6 million compared to what he has made as president, from our tax money, is a drop in the bucket!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
...which explains his policy decision to downplay the severity of COVID... mustn't let those hotels and restaurants go empty...
Not really, it was actually push back from the extremists who were hijacking COvid 19 and making it a boogeyman by making people "think" that if they got infected many people around them would die (including them). We have a virus that has not taken even 1% of the lives of the country it would need to get over 3 million people and we have a party that acts like it is taking 50% out there and shutting everything down such that the fraction of a percent of deaths could likely be surpassed by suicides and other long term life shortening illnesses. COvid is contagious and can be deadly to a few but not a death sentence and we have had it ramped up so bad that people have accused those not wearing a mask of MURDER. Shutting down everything was a good choice to get the hospitals and health care systems up to speed but keeping things shut down ruins the lives of a great percentage of people for a tiny percentage of people that many of which would possibly die of other means in the very near future anyway.
Balancing the quality of life vs staying alive is the issue that Trump was caught up in. The left put staying alive way above quality of life and that was at first acceptable but later it was mainly continued for political profit as they made almost no effort to balance things, instead they blasted Trump because he wanted people to enjoy life and reduce stress. We now have people that are tired of masking and distancing so much I'm seeing them everywhere now in public not distancing and pulling masks down and some of the reasons they are doing it is because many are realizing the boogeyman isn't going to kill everybody.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
wow! Good thing he was able to get SOOOOO much taxpayer money as his income or he would have been closer to 2.6 billion.
I thought he donated it.
What other president do I know that didn't create a blind trust?

That's right, I can't think of another president who didn't keep his salary and also gave up around half of his assets just in order to be our president. Joe Biden (and family) surely won't be on that list!

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's customary to come out of government service much wealthier than you were going in.

Why did you completely ignore my post while quoting it? Did or did not Trump divest from his business when he ran for president? If he did, then why did he report revenue from businesses he supposedly no longer owned? How would the revenues of businesses he divested from have any place in his personal asset statements?

If he didn't divest then what is happening in the picture I posted? What are all those folders of papers? Trump claimed they were documents proving he divested from the Trump companies and turned over responsibility of them to his children. Did he lie?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
That's right, I can't think of another president who didn't keep his salary and also gave up around half of his assets just in order to be our president. Joe Biden (and family) surely won't be on that list!
Not to mention I doubt he and his wife got 30 million dollar book deals regardless if they made any money like the Obamas did as a "reward" for their "efforts" in Washington. It is likely Biden and his wife would get book deals too but then Biden probably isn't "Mental" enough to write a book so the folks pulling his strings will have to write one for him to get his 30 million.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What other president do you know that spent more on golf in 4 years than the previous president spent in 8 years?
Well, he OWNS the golf course. Almost all the recent presidents spent significant amounts of time on the golf course. And why not? We cannot expect men under such pressure to have no outlets for quiet and relaxation. Biden just watches TV in his basement and doesn't perform as president even half the time that President Trump did, so that's supposed to entitle him to a pass from you? Strange logic there.

In just the most recent days, Biden ducked out on his announced visit to the Pfizer plant in Michigan and still hasn't gone to Texas even though that state has experienced a weather-related disaster. That wouldn't have been the case with Trump.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not really, it was actually push back from the extremists who were hijacking COvid 19 and making it a boogeyman by making people "think" that if they got infected many people around them would die (including them).

Awfully prescient of him to have done that from pretty much day 1.

We have a virus that has not taken even 1% of the lives of the country it would need to get over 3 million people

And it's only at 500,000... Guess their lives didn't matter.

and we have a party that acts like it is taking 50% out there and shutting everything down

Except everything wasn't shut down.... only those nonessential services which were only going to spread the virus further.

Hyperbole doesn't help your case...

such that the fraction of a percent of deaths could likely be surpassed by suicides and other long term life shortening illnesses.

And we can't have that, can we?

COvid is contagious and can be deadly to a few but not a death sentence and we have had it ramped up so bad that people have accused those not wearing a mask of MURDER.

Hyperbole still isn't helping your case.

The penalty for disobeying a public health mandate varies from state to state -- here in my home state, it counts as a "disorderly persons" offense... not quite the same as MURDER.

Shutting down everything was a good choice to get the hospitals and health care systems up to speed but keeping things shut down ruins the lives of a great percentage of people for a tiny percentage of people that many of which would possibly die of other means in the very near future anyway.

If your life is ruined by temporary inconvenience, it's time to rethink your life.

Balancing the quality of life vs staying alive is the issue that Trump was caught up in.

Think about what you just said here... ask yourself what the quality of life is to be dead.

The left put staying alive way above quality of life and that was at first acceptable

One would think the "pro-life" crowd would agree.

One would be naive.

but later it was mainly continued for political profit as they made almost no effort to balance things,

Well, COVID was quite uncooperative... and what exactly was the left's "profit" in all of this?

instead they blasted Trump because he wanted people to enjoy life and reduce stress.

Getting sick can be quite stressful.

We now have people that are tired of masking and distancing so much I'm seeing them everywhere now in public not distancing and pulling masks down and some of the reasons they are doing it is because many are realizing the boogeyman isn't going to kill everybody.

Thanks to the vaccines that are now available.

Nice to know a pandemic can be beaten just by getting tired of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Well, he OWNS the golf course. Almost all the recent presidents spent significant amounts of time on the golf course. And why not? We cannot expect men under such pressure to have no outlets for quiet and relaxation. Biden just watches TV in his basement and doesn't perform as president even half the time that President Trump did, so that's supposed to entitle him to a pass from you? Strange logic there.

In just the most recent days, Biden ducked out on his announced visit to the Pfizer plant in Michigan and still hasn't gone to Texas even though that state has experienced a weather-related disaster. That wouldn't have been the case with Trump.
I'm sure they are arranging for a visit to Texas soon as it is too good of an opportunity for negative press for Biden vs a chance to bash Republicans there and promote some sort of federal "oversight" of power grids across the country making it easier to force green energy on everyone.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, he OWNS the golf course.

Jimmy Carter owned a peanut farm. He sold it on the assumption that being president was a more important task that merited his full attention.

Almost all the recent presidents spent significant amounts of time on the golf course.

Something Donald said he wouldn't do.

And why not? We cannot expect men under such pressure to have no outlets for quiet and relaxation. Biden just watches TV in his basement and doesn't perform as president even half the time that President Trump did, so that's supposed to entitle him to a pass from you? Strange logic there.

If Biden had a nine-figure cable bill which the taxpayers were forced to pay, I doubt he'd get a free pass.

True -- Donald probably would've just gone to insult them.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,273.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, he OWNS the golf course. Almost all the recent presidents spent significant amounts of time on the golf course. And why not? We cannot expect men under such pressure to have no outlets for quiet and relaxation.
I agree. I wonder why Obama didn't receive the same amount of Grace? I also wonder why Trump, who comes closer to doubling Obama, is now seen as a non issue.

Perhaps we could come up with a statement that everyone could agree with:

Presidents need to take breaks
Presidents should be physically active.
Presidents should not blast through taxpayers money unnecessarily.

I'd like to think EVERYONE agrees with these 3
Biden just watches TV in his basement and doesn't perform as president even half the time that President Trump did, so that's supposed to entitle him to a pass from you? Strange logic there.
1) Proof?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

He did own the golf course, and the monies spent by the government for him to golf went into his pockets.

That's called corruption.

The amount of time Trump spent on the golf course is also called hypocrisy.

Trump Claimed He Wouldn’t Have Time To Play Golf As President, Here’s What The Facts Say - YouTube

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Awfully prescient of him to have done that from pretty much day 1.
And when Pelosi and Biden did WORSE in the early days of C19 it wasn't awful?
And it's only at 500,000... Guess their lives didn't matter.
At what number do lives suddenly matter? There are a lot of people dying of everything everywhere it is a fact of life do we not allow nobody to risk death anywhere in the US because "someone could DIE if we allowed them to do so? It is a give and take and claiming the moral high ground based upon some arbitrary number for political profit is WORSE and MORE uncaring than balancing the risk and letting people choose as much as reasonably possible. If we could shut down the country all year, lock all the borders and no flights and save another 120,000 people would you approve of these actions? Would you approve of the government padlocking your door and shoving tv dinners every day through your mail slot so you won't die of C19?
If you don't approve of these extreme actions then I guess I could say that their lives don't matter to you either.
Except everything wasn't shut down.... only those nonessential services which were only going to spread the virus further.
The problem is that what is considered truly essential? Is quality of life essential at all? Once could say that staying alive is essential and NOTHING else. When you ruin peoples ability to support themselves you take away their essential way of living and this HAS happened. a LOT more than 1% of the people in this country have lose essential incomes because of lockdowns to save how many people who could have theoretically died if not done so. People's lives are being ruined on theoretical thinking not allowing them to take risks that aren't huge statistically to keep the 500k deaths from going to 600k perhaps. It sounds heartless but there are a lot of risks in lives allowing highway speeds above 30mph in the logic presented KILLS more people but we allow it everywhere and deal with the increase in mortality instead of locking down throttles on vehicles.
The penalty for disobeying a public health mandate varies from state to state -- here in my home state, it counts as a "disorderly persons" offense... not quite the same as MURDER.
some states have pulled operating licenses, harassed and shut down businesses and the media has shamed people who didn't comply. In California they couldn't open a hair salon months after I got a haircut here and we have in my state opened most businesses although restricting capacity and many blame a spike in infections on anything and everything that they disapprove of. People can wisely choose if they want to go into a place that could be a higher risk of infection or not, shutting down services to slow C19 can greatly reduce the quality of life and doing so for not coming onto a year now isn't most people's idea of temporary now.
Think about what you just said here... ask yourself what the quality of life is to be dead.
What is the difference from being in a prison behind bars to being free in a society where all the businesses are barred from you entering... the bars are still there just a larger prison now where you have more privileges but still are not allowed to do what you could do before C19 because the same government(s) are now limiting your life because they want to prevent you from being a "murderer" via C19 infection.
One would think the "pro-life" crowd would agree.
One would think the "pro-choice" crowd who often use the excuse to terminate a life that they cannot survive on their own without the mother's assistance you see that the C19 deaths didn't survive even with some assistance and that many will be "aborted" from this life by the virus and we shouldn't concern ourselves because it is a "choice" of some sort. The 500k that died of C19 could easily be replaced several times over if there were a lot fewer abortions but instead of protecting lives that could have 70-80 years ahead of them we protect lives that already have 70-80 years behind them.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Trump didn't give up "around half of his assets" when he became President. You're pushing a falsehood here, Albion.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, he OWNS the golf course. Almost all the recent presidents spent significant amounts of time on the golf course. And why not?

What about costs exceeding in 4 years compared to 8 years is not understood? He charged the secret service (taxpayers) $ 17,000. a month for a cottage at Bedminster for secret service...and it isn't that secret service stayed for "free" at mar-a-lago! Further, trump has played golf - (his resorts - our costs) some 2 1/2 times more than Obama, probably more! Obviously, for the first few years the "state of the union" was in economic cruise control!

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We'll have to see the numbers. Perhaps his tax records will be made public. I think he took a bath during his presidency, and may do so for awhile.
Well, he's been taking a bath for quite some time. How do you end up bankrupting a casino?

A lot of people from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and surroundling areas do generally say he's a lousy businessman ... a brilliant conman and self promoter, but a lousy businessman.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden still hasn't gone to Texas even though that state has experienced a weather-related disaster. That wouldn't have been the case with Trump.
Ted Cruz went to Texas... no, Cancun, then Texas. Trump would have done a flyover since none of the good golf courses were open, yet.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What about costs exceeding in 4 years compared to 8 years is not understood? He charged the secret service (taxpayers) $ 17,000. a month for a cottage at Bedminster for secret service...and it isn't that secret service stayed for "free" at mar-a-lago! Further, trump has played golf - (his resorts - our costs) some 2 1/2 times more than Obama, probably more! Obviously, for the first few years the "state of the union" was in economic cruise control!
But Obama didn't just play less golf! You raised the issue of golfing so I responded that that.

However, if it's taxpayer money being squandered, Obama was much worse.

He just preferred to vacation in other ways, although he did also play golf. His wife took an entire entourage of numerous family members, friends, nannies, personal secretaries, advisors, and the like on a foreign tour on a number of occasions and at the cost of tens of millions; and it was just a vacation like others Barack and the family took at other times. You don't mind that expenditure of 50 million or more dollars of taxpayer money I'm thinking.

For specifics, read this:

Michelle Obama travel expense update: Your tax dollars at work | Investor's Business Daily

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0