• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Trump made 1.6 billion in revenues

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rambot, Feb 22, 2021.

1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+7,771
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,675
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The article reported revenues, not profits. Biiiiiiiiiiiiig difference.

3. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+41,894
    Christian
  4. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+7,771
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
  5. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,576
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    He needs all the money he can get. All he does is get sued lol

6. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,755
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
  7. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+41,894
    Christian
    The date of the article is this year so it includes COVID 19 in the mix. As Trump has Hotels and Restaurants etc it isn't surprising that COVID has slowed business considerably especially in NYC. Golf courses during the play seasons are probably great for Covid as distancing and air circulation can be maintained easily.

8. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+24,520
    Agnostic
    Single

...which explains his policy decision to downplay the severity of COVID... mustn't let those hotels and restaurants go empty...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+3,193
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    And the big cases haven't even hit yet.

10. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,563
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    How is it possible that he reported anything at all besides his donated salary during his presidency? I mean, didn't he divest from his business? What was all this about?

[​IMG]

11. MIDutch

+3,193
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Stacks of folders with blank pages in them?

12. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+9,689
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    It's a grand conspiracy to make him look bad by photoshopping "President Elect" into old photos of him as I was told here that President Biden invented the office of the president elect.

13. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+1,192
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Donald Trump doesn't need any help to look bad. He's more than qualified to do that all on his own.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. OldWiseGuy

+9,675
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    It's customary to come out of government service much wealthier than you were going in.

15. MIDutch

+3,193
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Based on book deals, speaking engagements and academia positions. Not on selling golf resort memberships, selling cheap bottled water at exorbitant prices, and charging secret service members to drive around in golf carts.

16. OldWiseGuy

+9,675
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    We'll have to see the numbers. Perhaps his tax records will be made public. I think he took a bath during his presidency, and may do so for awhile.

The thing about wealth is that when you have so much it generates more wealth without much effort. "Them that has, gets."

17. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+5,860
    Christian
    Married
    This isn't really true for the Presidency. What is true, they do tend to make money once they are no longer president based on speeches they get paid for giving, book deals, etc.

Of course, this is also a reason for divesting yourself from your business while President. His businesses suffered because of people refusing to use them to express their displeasure in his Presidency. I'm guessing if Obama had owned a hotel brand, he would have had similar issues, as Republicans refused to stay at any of his hotels.

18. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+18,959
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I want to see what academia position EX President Trump gets....

19. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+28,936
    Anglican
    Married
    I should hope so. His total wealth was reduced by over 2 billion while he attended to the business of being president.

Not sure what that means, but he returned his salary to the treasury. Four years of that would be more than a million dollars. What other president do you know who did this?

20. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+11,855
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Well no, he also does a good bit of suing and always has, not so much to recover damages as to inflict them (as he has bragged).