Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Will the childish selfishness and egotism of President Trump ever end?

Argentina, led by President Mauricio Macri, was to have awarded US president Jimmy Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martín on April 26-27.

Carter had merited this human rights award:
Carter merited the distinction for his record in defending human rights. It highlighted how he had demanded the last military dictatorship for the location of thousands of forced-disappeared victims, had condemned the human rights violations being carried then, and that he had been instrumental in getting the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights to visit the country in 1979. It is also recognised his decision to create an Under-Secretary in charge of Human Rights at the State Department, and the creation of the Carter Center in 1982, in which the former president continued to involve himself in the defence of human rights and democracies throughout Latin America

The U.S. requested the award be delayed, with the implication that things might not go too well between Macri and Trump during their April 28 meeting if an award was presented to a former president who has championed human rights, eradicated diseases in Asia and Africa, and promoted peace worldwide.

Turthfully, when Trump's term is ended (hopefully through impeachment) his White House portrait should be the size of a postage stamp, showing how "small" he is compared to real American patriots.

Trump vetoes Carter tribute

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Argentina, led by President Mauricio Macri, was to have awarded US president Jimmy Carter the Order of the Liberator General San Martín on April 26-27.

Carter had merited this human rights award:

The U.S. requested the award be delayed, with the implication that things might not go too well between Macri and Trump during their April 28 meeting if an award was presented to a former president who has championed human rights, eradicated diseases in Asia and Africa, and promoted peace worldwide.

Turthfully, when Trump's term is ended (hopefully through impeachment) his White House portrait should be the size of a postage stamp, showing how "small" he is compared to real American patriots.

Your forgetting Trump is a fan and supporter of mass murdering leaders such as duterte, who's murderous campaign against thise suspected of being involved with drugs has seen thousands murdered without charge or trial. Indeed if Duterte is correct Trump praised this policy of mass murder.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/us/politics/trump-duterte.html?_r=0

So are we surprised that Trump is against giving awards to those who champion human rights?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why am I thinking there is a tad more to this than the title indicates. :)

Why are you rejecting a story that conflicts with your biases without actually digging deeper to find out if you're right or not?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are you rejecting a story that conflicts with your biases without actually digging deeper to find out if you're right or not?

Why are you accusing me of rejecting anything?

I think you read way to much into a simple comment.

Upvote 0

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your forgetting Trump is a fan and supporter of mass murdering leaders such as duterte, who's murderous campaign against thise suspected of being involved with drugs has seen thousands murdered without charge or trial. Indeed if Duterte is correct Trump praised this policy of mass murder.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/us/politics/trump-duterte.html?_r=0

So are we surprised that Trump is against giving awards to those who champion human rights?
Ah yes, good point, he's buddies with Duterte and Putin, so indeed, no surprise there.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, good point, he's buddies with Duterte and Putin, so indeed, no surprise there.
What a joke. Obama promised he'd meet with any leader, even enemies of our country. Of course, he never did. The Media and the Democrats didn't say a peep about it.

But now that our president is willing to meet with and talk with the heads of nations around the world and try to get something done...oh, it's just awful, isn't it?? Now he's supposed to be a friend and buddy of anyone he speaks with. If he has a conversation, he's supposed to be all in favor of whatever that other person does. :doh:No wonder hardly anyone pays any attention to the obstructionist party anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What a joke. Obama promised he'd meet with any leader, even enemies of our country. Of course, he never did. The Media and the Democrats didn't say a peep about it.

Obama never met with any world leader?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked a question expressing skepticism and then did nothing to assuage your skepticism.

First of all...so? Secondly, no question. If you all cannot see what I said was about as rhetorical as they come, not sure what to tell you. On the other hand, if you still want to hold me to exactly what I asked...I'll await your answers. :)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why am I thinking there is a tad more to this than the title indicates. :)
Yes, and the tad more is right there in the article.....:)

While another former Argentine official attributed the delay of the award to Carter as based on a problem due to the President’s tight schedule, since his trip to Washington DC would be very short, lasting only two days from April 26 to April 27.

Former Argentine ambassador to the United States Martín Lousteau had proposed awarding Carter the San Martín Order of Liberator. At that time, it had been discussed whether Lousteau would be the one to lead the event or whether they would wait until the president travelled to Washington DC. It was finally decided that Macri would give the award. But former President Carter’s communications director also confirmed to CNN that they hadn’t received any details about the award ceremony. An anonymous Let’s Change government official.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This also from the article:

On the other hand, informed CNN that the decision not to give Carter an official award was to “avoid conflicts” and so they can speak about issues of mutual interest shared between Trump’s and Macri’s administration.

So naysayers here don't believe that, and why? They don't see it as a viable reason, and if not, why not? Do you really think Trump was just being a meany?

But more importantly, if you think Trump did this atrocity for absolutely no good reason, does anyone think we have enough to impeach him now?

My take, I think the story was just the type story "certain" people love to hear, otherwise such a minuscule nothing would never have even been reported. I just can't imagine him doing that for no reason at all.

And this:

Come ON. Just not seeing it

In the end, this is as close to no news, as it gets....

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My take, I think the story was just the type story "certain" people love to hear, otherwise such a minuscule nothing would never have even been reported. I just can't imagine him doing that for no reason at all.
I don't see where Trump did anything, do you?

Upvote 0