Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"The US President is said to have had an “invoice” printed out outlining the sum estimated by his aides as covering Germany’s unpaid contributions for defence."

This is Keystone Kops-level diplomacy.

'Now, speaking as a businessman, and I'm one of the best all-time, you hafta pay invoices. This one is 30-d... what is it, Howard? 60-days. A 60-day invoice. So, we expect you to honor your debt. Or, and I'm saying this, we'll repo Bavaria.'

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Any reason why Germany of all nations should not pay its share

It isn't paying money to someone. It's spending 2% of your GDP on defense, which is something that many NATO nations are working on and have gotten better. The promise was to work toward getting to 2% over the next decade and was signed in 2014. That means they agreed to work toward having that done by 2024. And from what I've read Germany has started to grow how much they spend in accordance with the agreement signed.

Trump doing this is basically him showing he doesn't understand what the agreement was and continues to embarrass us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The US President is said to have had an “invoice” printed out outlining the sum estimated by his aides as covering Germany’s unpaid contributions for defence."

This is Keystone Kops-level diplomacy.

'Now, speaking as a businessman, and I'm one of the best all-time, you hafta pay invoices. This one is 30-d... what is it, Howard? 60-days. A 60-day invoice. So, we expect you to honor your debt. Or, and I'm saying this, we'll repo Bavaria.'

Anyone else hearing this constantly in the background nowadays?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever the promise was, what is particularly outrageous about insisting that if the Germany is to continue to maintain a military alliance with the US, she should to more to pay her own way...

...perhaps the US, under this new administration, no longer fells that 2% is enough?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Whatever the promise was, what is particularly outrageous about insisting that if the Germany is to continue to maintain a military alliance with the US, she should to more to pay her own way...

...perhaps the US, under this new administration, no longer fells that 2% is enough?

We're talking about internal defense spending.

Upvote 0