loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is trying to woo black voters by saying the same stuff he always says
The election is one year away, the impeachment inquiry is heating up, and Donald Trump wants those black votes. On Friday, the president went to Atlanta for the launch of Black Voices for Trump. The new grassroots coalition is an attempt by Trump’s reelection campaign to win over more black voters than he did in 2016.

Good luck with that.
tulc(some of the pictures in the article were...odd) :sorry:

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

Though this was supposed to be a rally to announce a new black coalition, it was a standard Trump rally. Trump took shots at Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party. He called members of the press the “fake news media.” He touted all the things he sees as accomplishments for the African American community, like a lower unemployment rate and the First Step Act, a bill that curbs mandatory minimum sentences and allows inmates to petition for quicker release but has come under its own share of criticism. He also accused immigrants of taking jobs from black people. And of course he complained about the Russia investigation and the impeachment process.

Is there ever a speech Trump makes in which he doesn't make it all about him and how everyone - the media, the Democrats, the Deep State - is picking on him?

I also like how half of the people in the accompanying photos wearing "Blacks For Trump" shirts ... are white.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There are good reasons for blacks and other minorities to support Trump. Black unemployment has never been lower. Beyond that, there's something to be said for groups not to put all their eggs in one political party. Blacks are taken for granted by the Democrats, their votes expected. The end result is nothing much gets done for them. There was essentially zero black advancement during the Obama administration, say what you will about Trump's three ring circus, the economy is doing fairly well and blacks are advancing. Also, he's receptive to prison reform, something Obama never touched.

• Informative
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are good reasons for blacks and other minorities to support Trump.
Or there's not.

Black unemployment has never been lower. Beyond that, there's something to be said for groups not to put all their eggs in one political party. Blacks are taken for granted by the Democrats, their votes expected. The end result is nothing much gets done for them. There was essentially zero black advancement during the Obama administration,
It's always interesting watching President Trump make a claim and have even his non-supporters not realize he's wrong...been here?
AP FACT CHECK: Trump exaggerates his role in black job gains
But many economists view the continued economic growth since the middle of 2009, when Democratic President Barack Obama was in office, as the primary explanation for hiring. More important, there are multiple signs that the racial wealth gap is now worsening and the administration appears to have done little, if anything, to specifically address this challenge.

African Americans also had higher income prior to the Trump administration. A black household earned median income of $40,258 in 2017, the latest data available. That’s below a 2000 peak of $42,348, according to the Census Bureau.

The most dramatic drop in black unemployment came under Obama, when it fell from a recession high of 16.8 percent in March 2010 to 7.8 percent in January 2017.
Now, it's been a while since I was in school? But going from 16.8% to 7.8% unemployment doesn't sound like "zero advancement". And I also suspect $40,258 is actually less then $42,358. :wave:

say what you will about Trump's three ring circus, (snip)
I do. Fairly often. :D
tulc(just a thought) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Or there's not.

It's always fun watching President Trump make a claim and his supporters hop to in support of it...been here?
AP FACT CHECK: Trump exaggerates his role in black job gains

Now, it's been a while since I was in school? But going from 16.8% to 7.8% unemployment doesn't sound like "zero advancement". And I also suspect $40,258 is actually less then $42,358. :wave:

I do. Fairly often. :D
tulc(just a thought) :)
I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm a #nevertrump conservative who didn't vote for him in 2016 and won't next year.

Upvote 0