TRUMP IS RIGHT: The double standard in classified document treatment between presidents is GLARING

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since the seizure, the debate over how former presidents have handled possession of supposedly classified documents and records has intensified, drawing attention to the double standard.

“There is no ‘crime’ having to do with the storage of documents at Mar-a- Lago, only in the minds of the Radical Left Lunatics who are destroying our Country, and were just forced by the Courts to give me back much of what they took (STOLE?) during their unprecedented and unnecessary break in of my home,” Trump wrote in a post shared to Truth Social this week, eviscerating the narrative that he had done anything out of the ordinary.

Trump’s claim of innocence has plenty of facts to back it up.
TRUMP IS RIGHT: The double standard in classified document treatment between presidents is GLARING

Reactions: I's2C

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since the seizure, the debate over how former presidents have handled possession of supposedly classified documents and records has intensified, drawing attention to the double standard.

“There is no ‘crime’ having to do with the storage of documents at Mar-a- Lago, only in the minds of the Radical Left Lunatics who are destroying our Country, and were just forced by the Courts to give me back much of what they took (STOLE?) during their unprecedented and unnecessary break in of my home,” Trump wrote in a post shared to Truth Social this week, eviscerating the narrative that he had done anything out of the ordinary.

Trump’s claim of innocence has plenty of facts to back it up.
We've already been over why Clinton's tapes belonged to him while Trump's boxes and boxes of governmental papers, including hundreds marked classified, don't belong to Trump. Repeating the same things over and over don't make them less false. At some point, it is just noise and spam.

Trump is in legal trouble over obstruction.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Awesome. Anybody know what RSBN is? There's no About Us page. No bio for the author. The press page only goes back to the beginning of the year.

As for the article itself:

If Trump’s claims, for example, that Obama did indeed remove documents to a private location in Chicago that was “poorly built” and “totally unsafe,” are true

Well we can stop there, because those claims are not true. I'm not interested in the news from some parallel universe where it is true.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Awesome. Anybody know what RSBN is? There's no About Us page. No bio for the author. The press page only goes back to the beginning of the year.

If Trump’s claims, for example, that Obama did indeed remove documents to a private location in Chicago that was “poorly built” and “totally unsafe,” are true

Well we can stop there, because those claims are not true. I'm not interested in the news from some parallel universe where it is true.
I think it's these guys.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We've already been over why Clinton's tapes belonged to him while Trump's boxes and boxes of governmental papers, including hundreds marked classified, don't belong to Trump. Repeating the same things over and over don't make them less false. At some point, it is just noise and spam.

Trump is in legal trouble over obstruction.
It's going to take more than you saying they don't belong to Trump. But we know it is a fact that the Justice Department has records of Trump that they seized and have not returned.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's going to take more than you saying they don't belong to Trump.
The Presidential Papers Act and all the courts so far have said that.

But we know it is a fact that the Justice Department has records of Trump that they seized and have not returned.
Do we know that? Has Donald identified these records and petitioned for their return? I am under the impression that he has refused to verify the DOJ’s inventory of items taken.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Presidential Papers Act and all the courts so far have said that.

Do we know that? Has Donald identified these records and petitioned for their return? I am under the impression that he has refused to verify the DOJ’s inventory of items taken.
The AG has no right to Trump's medical records and tax records. The AG knows this.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The AG has no right to Trump's medical records and tax records. The AG knows this.
What are you talking about? The NY AG has nothing to do with the Mar-A-Lago raid, but she does have a right to certain of his tax records.

If by AG you mean Garland, you will have to show that he has possession of Donald’s medical records and tax records. Otherwise it’s just a wild claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

On the positive side, the Op is providing periodic views into the alternative universe that TRUMP IS RIGHT.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On the positive side, the Op is providing periodic views into the alternative universe that TRUMP IS RIGHT.
Haven't heard much lately about Trump committing espionage by selling nuclear secrets to foreign countries.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Haven't heard much lately about Trump committing espionage by selling nuclear secrets to foreign countries.
Stealing is still theft even if the thief doesn't try reselling the items.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No one said he did, just that they are missing, hard to tell if he sold them, they are displayed somewhere as trophies, or he flushed them down the toilet or accidently got emty folders. Given that trump has been obstructing any attempt to go through the files might be why he hasn't gotten anything back.

Oh and if your refering to espionage act, it's a bit of a misnomer, YES espionage stuff falls under it, but not everthing under it does, it refers to unlawful retaining of goverment documents wich he did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But he still hasn't explained why he had the document with another country's nuclear info. What was he doing with it and what was he planning on doing with it?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But he still hasn't explained why he had the document with another country's nuclear info. What was he doing with it and what was he planning on doing with it?
It's just rumors about nuclear documents. AG Garland has not explained why he felt he had the right to violate the U.S. Constitution and seize Trump's medical, tax, and attorney client privileged documents. I hope we will hear his defense before a Congressional committee early next year.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
AG Garland has not explained why he felt he had the right to ... seize Trump's medical, tax, and attorney client privileged documents.

It's explained in the search warrant. The judge authorized the seizure of any classified documents, the boxes that contained them, and any boxes nearby.

The privilege team and the special master are there to assure the investigators don't look at anything they shouldn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
“There is no ‘crime’ having to do with the storage of documents at Mar-a- Lago,
It's a crime for an ex-president to remove government document from the WH.

It's just theft, unless the material is classified, when it is both theft and other offenses.

Upvote 0