Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I clicked "agree" on this post because i think that is where they are now. I think push has come to shove the way Trump and his supporters have been villified by the liberal democrats. I've watched from Canada all the abuse you guys have put on them from the time Trump ran until today split your country in 2. And i put it squarely in how your side has marginalized their side. And now it's come to this, the final days of Trumps term and they feel nowhere else to turn but themselves and God to assert what they believe in. When i joined, I thought there would be more unity here in a christian forum but surprisingly the split and disrespect is just as bad. There needs to be a reaching out and a healing between the 2 sides regardless what happens in the next few days/weeks/months. Since this side started the stone throwing, i think the repentance and admission of fault has to start from here.
So you don't think the tearing down of democratic institutions here in the US has anything to do with why we "libs" are opposed to trump? [full disclosure: I am not a Democrat]

How about giving corporations and the top 1% of the populace massive tax breaks while increasing taxes to the bottom 80%?

Or calling war heroes "losers and suckers"?

Or ignoring Russian bounties on US military personnel in the Middle East?

Or calling the free press "the enemy of the people"?

Or his seeming support of white supremacists and hate groups?

Or his adultery and his cheating on his wives with inappropriate content stars?

Or defrauding thousands of people with his fake university and business dealings?

Or stealing money from a children's cancer charity?

Or sexually abusing and/or raping dozens of women and underage girls?

Or his total disregard for science and medicine and his incompetence at dealing with the coronavirus pandemic?

You actually think that the only reason people don't like trump is because of his weird hair?

Perhaps you need to rethink your argument. Perhaps the issue is with your "When i joined, I thought there would be more unity here in a christian forum but surprisingly the split and disrespect is just as bad."

Have you ever considered that the reason many people are opposed to trump is BECAUSE they are Christian and trump is pretty close to the exact opposite of everything Christianity stands for?

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you don't think the tearing down of democratic institutions here in the US has anything to do with why we "libs" are opposed to trump? [full disclosure: I am not a Democrat]

How about giving corporations and the top 1% of the populace massive tax breaks while increasing taxes to the bottom 80%?

Or defrauding thousands of people with his fake university and business dealings?

Or his total disregard for science and medicine and his incompetence at dealing with the coronavirus pandemic?

You actually think that the only reason people don't like trump is because of his weird hair?

Perhaps you need to rethink your argument. Perhaps the issue is with your "When i joined, I thought there would be more unity here in a christian forum but surprisingly the split and disrespect is just as bad."

Have you ever considered that the reason many people are opposed to trump is BECAUSE they are Christian and trump is pretty close to the exact opposite of everything Christianity stands for?

AMEN! I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Reactions: MIDutch
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I clicked "agree" on this post because i think that is where they are now. I think push has come to shove the way Trump and his supporters have been villified by the liberal democrats. I've watched from Canada all the abuse you guys have put on them from the time Trump ran until today split your country in 2. And i put it squarely in how your side has marginalized their side. And now it's come to this, the final days of Trumps term and they feel nowhere else to turn but themselves and God to assert what they believe in. When i joined, I thought there would be more unity here in a christian forum but surprisingly the split and disrespect is just as bad. There needs to be a reaching out and a healing between the 2 sides regardless what happens in the next few days/weeks/months. Since this side started the stone throwing, i think the repentance and admission of fault has to start from here.

First of all, I'm not a liberal Democrat. I'm a lifelong Republican. Second, I've been vilified by Trump supporters for not supporting Trump more times than I care to recall. As a matter of fact, I've been the focus of their displeasure for the last five years. I've been accused of being anti-American and anti-Christian. I've been called a demonrat, a minion of Satan, and a few other disparaging names. I've been harassed online and cyber-bullied. My character and my faith has been repeatedly attacked.

Third, it was Trump and the continuous cruelty toward me by his supporters that pushed me away from fully supporting the Republican Party as I have always done. After what I've experienced, I can't express just how relieved I am that Trump was defeated. I voted a split ticket in this election because I voted for Joe Biden. He's the first Democrat I've ever voted in a presidential election or in any other election I've participated in since I registered as a Republican in 1992. I voted for him with the sincere hope that he would win the election and my country wouldn't have to face four more years of Trump.

And lastly, Trumpism is an anathema to me and I want it completely eliminated from the Republican Party. As a lifelong Republican, I want the Republican Party to find its moral compass again. I want it to regain its moral integrity by abandoning Trump and all of the Yes-man Republican politicians who compromised their own moral integrity in their greediness to advance their own political career.

I've been standing up against Trump and Trumpism within the Republican Party for the last five years and it has cost me dearly. I've been kicked in the teeth by people I have known for years, including friends and relatives. It's been difficult but I've stood my ground and stayed true to my convictions.

With all of this in mind, you can't tell me that the way Trump supporters are behaving now is squarely because my side has marginalized their side because my side is REPUBLICAN. It always has been but I won't stand idly by and do nothing while Trump still has his tentacles wrapped around the neck of the Republican Party. I will continue to speak out against him and against Trumpism as long as I can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
With all of this in mind, you can't tell me that the way Trump supporters are behaving now is squarely because my side has marginalized their side because my side is REPUBLICAN. It always has been but I won't stand idly by and do nothing while Trump still has his tentacles wrapped around the neck of the Republican Party. I will continue to speak out against him and against Trumpism as long as I can.
Here is hoping that rational, reasonable people such as yourself can reclaim the Republican Party. Being a Dutch liberal I may not necessarily agree with all of the policies and politics the GOP espouses, but I can respect you that you are honestly trying to make the US better place for [hopefully] all.

Here's hoping that 2021 sees the GOP begin separating themselves from the Trumpian Party.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Didn't someone write "By their fruits you shall know them"?

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is hoping that rational, reasonable people such as yourself can reclaim the Republican Party. Being a Dutch liberal I may not necessarily agree with all of the policies and politics the GOP espouses, but I can respect you that you are honestly trying to make the US better place for [hopefully] all.

Here's hoping that 2021 sees the GOP begin separating themselves from the Trumpian Party.

Thank you for your kind sentiment, my friend.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You seem to have missed the 8 years of the Obama administration -- not to mention, Trump's role in the "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim" part of it.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have missed the 8 years of the Obama administration -- not to mention, Trump's role in the "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim" part of it.

Just you wait until all the dirt on Obama that was found by the Trump Team when they went to Hawaii and found their smoking gun that will put Obama away! Ha Ha Ha! Yep, just wait, any day now! Yep, any day!

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I didn't agree politically with President Obama but I respected him for his integrity and personality. I felt very bad for him when some Republicans were comparing him and his lovely wife to monkeys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just you wait until all the dirt on Obama that was found by the Trump Team when they went to Hawaii and found their smoking gun that will put Obama away! Ha Ha Ha! Yep, just wait, any day now! Yep, any day!

Right along with Hillary once they prove she was running that pizza pedophile ring.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Right along with Hillary once they prove she was running that pizza pedophile ring.

They already proved it but Soros and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court sent assassins to silence Harvey in his cell and he was the only one that had the pictures of Hillary as the leader of the Pizza Pedophile Cartel and the secret NASA Mars child slave detainment centers.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You're right, it'd be a monumental endeavor, and not cheap. But, I honestly feel that if we take private for-profit health insurance out of the picture (or, at least, making that an option instead of a necessity), then it becomes a lot less insurmountable than many claim. And, I might add, it would be a lot more in line with the ideals of this country for us to protect the health and well-being of all Americans just as diligently as we defend them with the military and protect its borders from people seeking a better way of life. At least, as far as I see it.

-- A2SG, but I've never been one of those people who think money matters more than lives anyway.....
We spend something like 17% of every dollar on health care, so the money is there. It should be something like 10%. What i hate is the lack of competition and the network deals that leave some patients very little choice. I would like to try to outlaw all deals. Everyone pays the same price, and the prices where possible must be posted. Even better would be to force health care providers to submit and keep those prices for 6 months. They would have to submit blind, no one would be allowed to know what others were doing. If you submit too high, you would lose business. Make all private insured pay at least 20%, and everyone would look for the best deals, forcing competition throughout the system. Allow price changes perhaps every six months. No deals on pricing means all those third party deal makers would be out of the system. Drug manufacturers would have to do this too, so they could eliminate the middlemen as well. That would save a ton of time and energy, insurers could still exist but the small and large would compete as no one can use their power to get volume discounts or send only to certain networks. This would terrify physicians unless they were in an area where they are very scarce. Doubling the slots at med schools would help in the long run too. Plenty of qualified people get turned away.

Upvote 0