Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing this. God bless our President.

Comment under video:

"back in 1995 when the city of New York couldn't afford a veterans day parade our great president wrote a check for $1000000 to keep the parade going." ~Blasted Blasted

He donated $350k not $1m.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
He donated $350k not $1m.

In return for writing the check, Donald Trump asked to be made the grand marshal of the NYC Veteran's Day Parade. The audacity of his request infuriated veterans both at the time and to this day. That was way before my existence so I learned about this from veterans who felt it summarized his entitled attitude of feeling that he should be able to buy what he had not earned. He was not bestowed the honor because he never served in the military. It had to be explained to him that only a veteran could be the grand marshal of the Veteran's Day parade.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Anyways, you'll read this post even if nobody else will, and with just a few minutes left before Veteran's Day ends I wanted to write it.

At least 8 people read it before I did. That is how many likes or informatives when I first saw it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump likes veterans that didn't die.

And soldiers who weren't captured. In his own words about the late Senator John McCain, “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And soldiers who weren't captured. In his own words about the late Senator John McCain, “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Donald's idea of surviving Vietnam was to not get STDs while being promiscuous. I miss Senator McCain.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

He would probably hate Roger Young!

(Bonus points for anyone who knows who Roger Young was. Double bonus points if you can guess how I learned about him).

Upvote 0