West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a note from AFA president that met with trump first hand yesterday from NYC....

"
Franklin Graham prayed to open the event. Dr. Ben Carson spoke and told us about the Donald Trump he had come to appreciate. Gov. Mike Huckabee served as moderator and sat across from Mr. Trump. Trump entertained questions from the likes of Dr. David Jeremiah, Dr. James Dobson, Tony Perkins, Kelly Shackelford and Sammy Rodriguez. The questions were about religious freedom, Israel, potential Supreme Court nominees and abortion. I thought his strongest answers were about the type of judges he would appoint. I believe he fully understands the importance of this issue and said all his judges would be vetted by the Federalist Society -- a stalwart conservative organization. To me, this may be the most important issue of this campaign from the perspective of AFA and our supporters. After all, the next president will likely appoint two or more Supreme Court justices in the next four years. As we have seen over the last few years, it doesn't matter how many good laws are passed if the courts are going to strike them down.

Trump's weakness is that he did not clearly state his views in answer to the questions asked by Perkins and Shackelford about when religious freedom and the LGBT movement come into conflict, other than to say that these matters will be decided by the courts. He repeatedly said he was for religious freedom and his fallback position was that he would appoint judges who would defend religious freedom.

Mr. Trump also said he was tired of the political correctness surrounding matters of our Christian heritage and used Christmas an an example. He said companies want to profit of Christmas but then don't want to use the word "Christmas." He said he says "Merry Christmas" and thinks the PC crowd just wants to change the greeting to something more generic because it's another attempt to diminish the role of Christianity in America. (This made me wonder if he's been reading the AFA Journal. Ha!)

Trump answered Dr. Jeremiah's question about Israel saying he would be a strong supporter of the nation of Israel and never understood Jewish Americans who vote for Democrats who don't support Israel. Trump also understands the threat to our country by Islamic jihadism. He has taken a lot of heat from the liberal media for criticizing the problems within Islam.

On a personal note, I met several people who have known Donald Trump personally for several years and said he is not the brash, arrogant, sometimes rude person he appears to be on television. I will say without the media cameras in his face, he was pleasant, relaxed, funny and more thoughtful.

I think it was admirable and honorable for Trump to meet with Christian leaders. He is not our enemy. I believe he has instincts that are reverent and patriotic. He's 69 years old and remembers an America that was once a great country but has lost her way. But he also comes from a very secular world and that way of thinking is a part of who he is. In some ways, he strikes me as an enigma, a man still searching for spiritual answers in his life. But that's just my opinion. I will say this, he is listening to some great men of God that I have a lot of respect for, and that's a good thing.

To conclude, who but the Lord knows what lies ahead for Donald Trump? He wasn't my first choice for president but the majority of GOP voters chose him. Now either he or Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States of America. So if one of them shows genuine interest in understanding Christians better and says he will be our friend, I believe we should tell him what we think and where we stand. To use a sports word, I think he's coachable.

I'm glad I came to New York. It was worth it. I would ask you to pray for Mr. Trump and our country."- AFA alert email from action alerts on AFA.net

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I talked to a friend today, and they said...." I am voting for trump, I can't vote for Hillary, as Her campaign is riddled with scandal."

what are your thoughts compared to the above, versus this?

another thread on Hillaries scandals:
http://www.christianforums.com/posts/69775742/

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What's scarier than Donald Trump? Donald Trump being coached by the starting line up of the US. Religious Right All-Star Team.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I talked to a friend today, and they said...." I am voting for trump, I can't vote for Hillary, as Her campaign is riddled with scandal."

Your friend is a fool. Trump's life is full of scandals, too.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your friend is a fool. Trump's life is full of scandals, too.

As I have said previously, with trump you get imperfection, and most of all you KNOW what you get.

With hillary you simply don't know, what she entails, because alot of her campaign and political career involves lying, simply put. As benghazi showed us. If she can perform straight faces lies, with no remorse. Then we simply can't trust her as Christians.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's scarier than Donald Trump? Donald Trump being coached by the starting line up of the US. Religious Right All-Star Team.

-CryptoLutheran

so why are you in a Christian forum?

because you are searching for truth?

Hardly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
As I have said previously, with trump you get imperfection, and most of all you KNOW what you get.

With hillary you simply don't know, what she entails, because alot of her campaign and political career involves lying, simply put. As benghazi showed us. If she can perform straight faces lies, with no remorse. Then we simply can't trust her as Christians.
LOL

Speak for yourself and don't speak for me.

Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran
Con men leading the con man.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As a government official, Clinton is a known quantity - perhaps more so than any recent Presidential contender in recent memory. Trump, on the other hand, is unknown.

btw, Benghazi simply demonstrates how many people can ignore the facts on the ground.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I loved this image from the meetings, with Jerry Falwell Jr. and Trump.

Donald-Trump-with-Jerry-Falwell-Jr-620x327.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....yes, it demonstrates how far Falwell Jr and his ilk have fallen off the bus.

I loved this image from the meetings, with Jerry Falwell Jr. and Trump.

Donald-Trump-with-Jerry-Falwell-Jr-620x327.jpg

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You cannot "coach" someone who is absolutely convinced of his own brilliance. Trump wants to waste money in New York and California. For a Republican presidential candidate, that is the equivalent of invading Russia. It's obvious he isn't listening to anyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
....yes, it demonstrates how far Falwell Jr and his ilk have fallen off the bus.
To be fair to Falwell, he said that is a picture of an issue where Playboy is criticizing him, and it is not that he actually cares about Playboy magazine.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0