Trump investigation documents release starting Wednesday, full criminal investigation underway

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think impeaching emboldens Trump as least as much as an impeachment acquittal would. It's an excuse.

The Democrats have more than enough evidence to impeach, but, as usual, don't have the backbone to go with it.

So long as McConnell rules the Senate, impeachment is a pointless gesture.

McConnell can be voted out in 2020, but so could Donald, which would make impeachment a moot point.

The Dems are spinning their wheels and feeding into the Donald martyr machine with impeachment talk.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's take stock of the situation. Three years now, with 100% support from so-called "mainstream" news networks, 100% backing from Obama holdovers in the nations intelligence services, a special counsel which appoints only Democrat affiliated investigators ... and still no impeachment.

Sounds more like Dems might want to consider doing something else. What they've been doing hasn't worked for them. Of course, as Trump keeps pointing out, continuing with the same failed policies is what Democrats have done for years in places like Baltimore, San Francisco and Detroit.

But, do carry on about how everything is the fault of Republicans.
FoxBabeNews is now on board?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps. A third of Republicans would need to break ranks.

Commit career suicide, you mean.

That can happen in a heartbeat ... just as soon as Democrats convince voters that Trump has committed a real and serious crime.

What would it take, for example, to convince you?

Put it this way: what would it take for you, had you known it in 2016, to have supported Hillary over Donald?

Don't forget that not very many years ago Democrats set precedent by not removing a Democrat president who had committed crimes.

Indeed -- what would it take to prevent the Dems from repeating the GOP's failure?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This guy who hasn't worked in government in 25 years has this inside information how, exactly?

Possibly through the DOJ, who hired him to investigate. I have heard they have some resources.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Possibly through the DOJ, who hired him to investigate. I have heard they have some resources.

Oh? What did the DOJ hire him to investigate? Wikipedia doesn't mention him being hired to investigate anything since GHWB's search of Bill Clinton in 1992.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This guy who hasn't worked in government in 25 years has this inside information how, exactly?
From Wikipedia:
Joseph diGenova is an American lawyer, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist who served as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia from 1983 to 1988. He is known for promoting conspiracy theories about the Department of Justice and the FBI.
Maybe he's buddies with Q?

I'll admit I'm hoping to get the pony I was promised for Christmas. I really don't want to end up with socks.
Nowadays, I'd prefer socks and underwear to a pony of my own.

• Haha
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From Wikipedia:
Joseph diGenova is an American lawyer, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist who served as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia from 1983 to 1988. He is known for promoting conspiracy theories about the Department of Justice and the FBI.
... and what are those conspiracy theories? According to your link ...

DiGenova... has accused FBI officials of trying to "frame" President Donald Trump for "nonexistent" crimes. On March 19, 2018, he and his spouse, Victoria Toensing, were hired to serve on Trump's legal team for the Special Counsel investigation.
He also led investigations into corruption in the administration of Washington, D.C., Mayor Marion Barry that led to convictions of 12 officials, including two deputy mayors.

DiGenova later served as Independent Counsel investigating the 1992 preelection search of then-candidate Bill Clinton's passport file by officials of the George H. W. Bush administration. DiGenova concluded that the passport search had been "stupid, dumb and partisan," but not illegal ..
.​

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Let's take stock of the situation. Three years now, with 100% support from so-called "mainstream" news networks, 100% backing from Obama holdovers in the nations intelligence services, a special counsel which appoints only Democrat affiliated investigators ... and still no impeachment.
Was that the goal of the Mueller investigation? Somehow I missed that in Comey's appointment letter to Mueller.

But the Mueller investigation found the one thing that the Right didn't want them to find: credible evidence of Russian interference in the 2016 election. All the whining from the Right about how the Mueller investigation didn't "get Trump" so it must be a failure isn't going to make that go away.

• Agree
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that was ever in question.

I stated from the beginning of the investigation that Russians interfered in the election ...
Now if you could just convince the administration and their lackeys in the Senate...
just like the US interferes in Russian elections, just like Obama interfered in Israeli elections. Nations interfere in the elections of other nations. It's not new. Everyone has a vested interest in the election outcome. I'm just surprised that you are surprised.
So we should let them do what they like to us? Quite the patriot, aren't you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps. A third of Republicans would need to break ranks.

That can happen in a heartbeat ... just as soon as Democrats convince voters that Trump has committed a real and serious crime. Don't forget that not very many years ago Democrats set precedent by not removing a Democrat president who had committed crimes.

There is a big difference between lying about a liaison with a young adult woman....

And the long laundry list of Trump crimes, obstruction, payoffs to open stars during the campaign, profiteering from his office in numerous ways, and many others.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There is a big difference between lying about a liaison with a young adult woman....
Once upon a time it would have been considered an honorable thing to do, to protect the public reputation of the young woman.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No, but I’ve been around nut case conspiracy baloney like the OP.
That seems overly harsh. Everyone knows the documents are coming out.

The only question is exactly when. On a related matter, it's more than a little interesting that subsequent to DiGenova's statement, the FBI Director announced he was fighting release of documents on account of sources and methods.

Chris Wray's FBI continues to cover for Team Comey's Russia shenanigans | The Hill

Mark Meadows bypasses FBI to appeal for release of info linked to FISA abuse report

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems overly harsh. Everyone knows the documents are coming out.

The only question is exactly when. On a related matter, it's more than a little interesting that subsequent to DiGenova's statement, the FBI Director announced he was fighting release of documents on account of sources and methods.

Chris Wray's FBI continues to cover for Team Comey's Russia shenanigans | The Hill

Mark Meadows bypasses FBI to appeal for release of info linked to FISA abuse report
The OP was very clear. Now....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Once upon a time it would have been considered an honorable thing to do, to protect the public reputation of the young woman.

Once upon a time, senators would have strongly condemned invitations from a presidential candidate for hostile foreign governments to hack their opponents. They would have condemned presidents ignoring subpoenas for witnesses and information needed by committees. They would have condemned presidents spending 1 out of every 3 days in their resorts--and charging the federal government top dollar for the stay, including hundreds of thousands, for Secret Service golf cart rentals. They would have condemned spending $92 million on a military parade while cutting funds for SNAP and other compassionate programs. They would have condemned presidents willingly accepting "bribes" by foreign countries courting favor by holding events at his Washington hotel, etc. They would have voted against the cabinet appointments of lobbyists and big spenders--like the Wall St. billionaire Minuchin who took his actress wife to Nashville to see the eclipse on the government's dime. This of course is just scratching the surface--the list of horrific acts increases daily, along with the list of unqualified and often dishonest cabinet members, and judges who are barely out of law school. And speaking of the reputation of young women, doesn't the president's friendships with a number of pedophiles concern them?

If President Clinton had had the presence of mind (or the income) to pay off scores of mistresses in return for their silence, there wouldn't have been anything Congress could have found fault with.

Sadly, that is not the case with President Trump. We can only speculate (beyond the two verified cases) about how many mistresses might have been paid off in return for silence, but mistress payoffs are the least of our worries about his suitability to lead.

• Prayers
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joe diGenova: “Declassified documents will be released this week … by Wednesday” (July 31st)

Speaking to WMAL radio, former U.S. Attorney Joe diGenova informs the audience that declassified documents will begin to be made public starting Wednesday July 31st.

Additionally, Mr. diGenova states confidently that U.S. Attorney John Durham is not conducting a “review”, but is conducting a full criminal investigation with a grand jury empaneled and currently receiving testimony from witnesses
.​
This is some background from an article back in May when Durham was hired. In the last paragraph I quoted, what do you think 'public progress ' means.
The exact outlines of Mr. Durham’s investigation remain unclear, and it’s also not immediately apparent what it means for John Huber, the U.S. attorney in Utah whom then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions had named in 2017 to look at some of the same ground.

Mr. Jordan described it as a change of pitcher in order to get things going.
“Sometimes the manager has to make a trip to the mound and make a change,” Mr. Jordan said. ‘We haven’t heard anything from John Huber.”

Indeed, it was Republicans’ frustration with Mr. Huber’s lack of public progress that fueled calls for a new special counsel to get to the bottom of the Obama administration’s efforts to snare the Trump campaign.
GOP pleased with investigator of FBI’s Trump-Russia probe

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This is some background from an article back in May when Durham was hired. In the last paragraph I quoted, what do you think 'public progress ' means.
The exact outlines of Mr. Durham’s investigation remain unclear, and it’s also not immediately apparent what it means for John Huber

Place your bets on the three investigations. Which will reach the finish line first?

Huber (Nov 2017-???)
Horowitz (March 2018-???)
Durham (May 2019-???)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status