Los Angeles Area
✟829,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.

"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Woodward reveals new details on the early warnings Trump received -- and often ignored.

In a January 28 top secret intelligence briefing, national security adviser Robert O'Brien gave Trump a "jarring" warning about the virus, telling the President it would be the "biggest national security threat" of his presidency. Trump's head "popped up," Woodward writes.

Nevertheless, Trump continued to publicly downplay the danger of the virus. February was a lost month. Woodward views this as a damning missed opportunity for Trump to reset "the leadership clock" after he was told this was a "once-in-a-lifetime health emergency."

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think it's interesting to put this in conjunction with Sharpiegate.

Trump mistakenly mentions Alabama as threatened by Dorian
Alarmed Alabamans start calling the local National Weather Service
Alabama NWS acts to allay misplaced fears
Trump continues to insist he was right, including with the crudely altered map
Trump Administration pressures NOAA to back up the president and reprimand Alabama NWS

I mean I guess it's not actually hypocritical to downplay real threats to American lives while exaggerating imaginary threats to American lives.

But the American people deserve better than this. These are matters of life-and-death.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I mean I guess it's not actually hypocritical to downplay real threats to American lives while exaggerating imaginary threats to American lives.

Seems I'm not the only one to notice this.

Trump's claim he didn't want "panic" is laughable — he wants it focused on imaginary threats
Trump doesn't want "panic" over 190,000 dead — but he's begging voters to panic over antifa invading "the suburbs"

Upvote 0