Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pretty disgusting how corrupt this administration is.

Trump’s Request of an Ambassador: Get the British Open for Me
The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, told multiple colleagues in February 2018 that President Trump had asked him to see if the British government could help steer the world-famous and lucrative British Open golf tournament to the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, according to three people with knowledge of the episode.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, told multiple colleagues in February 2018 that President Trump had asked him to see if the British government could help steer the world-famous and lucrative British Open golf tournament to the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, according to three people with knowledge of the episode.

according to three people with knowledge, and who would that be? Here we go again with the rumor and innuendo instead of verified facts.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
according to three people with knowledge, and who would that be? Here we go again with the rumor and innuendo instead of verified facts.
You obviously didn't watch the Rachel Maddow clip. One of the guys gave an interview to Rachel.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Are you in charge of the criminal investigation?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
you are correct, I have a real problem watching her.
I searched foxnews website and youtube for a foxnews clip on this but there is none.

I guess as long as far right media don't write about then you won't believe it.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Former U.S. official details Jets’ Woody Johnson’s request to have U.K. move British Open to Trump’s resort
A former U.S. official reiterated allegations that Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets and current American ambassador to the United Kingdom, pushed the British government to steer the British Open to President Donald Trump’s resort in Scotland.

During an interview with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC on Wednesday night, Lewis Lukens, the former Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in London, was asked about the allegations made against Johnson in a New York Times report in July.

“The reporting has been very accurate on this. The New York Times story really got it right,” Lukens said. “The ambassador came back from a meeting at the White House, the very next morning he came and talked to me, said the President wants me to do this. Who should I talk to, how should I go about doing it? I said, ‘You can’t, you shouldn’t do it. This is unethical, probably illegal.’ A couple weeks later, he asked again, I gave him the same answer. And then he went and had a meeting with a British minister responsible for Scotland and made the request, or made the suggestion at least.”

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is both unethical and illegal but that has never stopped Donald Trump before. I think that this is actually grounds for impeachment. No politician and least of all the President should ever use his office to enrich himself.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is both unethical and illegal but that has never stopped Donald Trump before. I think that this is actually grounds for impeachment. No politician and least of all the President should ever use his office to enrich himself.
Unfortunately
1. He is enabled by the people around him who
- a. carry out these unethical, illegal requests
- b. defend or remain silent on these unethical, illegal requests
- c. obstruct justice by refusing to investigate or bring to light the issue
- d. obstruct justice by threatening to fire or slander or impede election chances of anyone who brings these issues to light, or who provides witness testimony
2. He is enabled by his supporters who
- a. Refuse to listen/watch any non right wing media
- b. Refuse to consider that any criticism or allegation against Trump can be true
- c. Don't care about Trump using his position and USA resources to increase his personal wealth or to rig the next election
- d. Don't care about anything Trump does as long as they are getting conservative judges, 2nd amendment protections, pro-life lip service, anti-LQBT rights)
- e. Don't understand the importance of ethics and how the emoluments clause fits into that.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Yeah... but the disgusting thing is that the establishment Democrats will wait for the elections and play it safe. They really aren't interested in justice anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah... but the disgusting thing is that the establishment Democrats will wait for the elections and play it safe. They really aren't interested in justice anymore.
What can the Democrats do?

If they have a House hearing, what do they base it on?
Has any formal complaint been made? Has any whistleblowers report been filled out and submitted to the IG?

Even if it gets that far, what can they do?
Trump claims "absolute immunity" and puts pressure onto everyone not to testify or offer documents or evidence. People wanting to testify know that they will get fired or demoted. Any IG that does any investigations will get fired.
If it goes to the Senate there will be no witnesses, no evidence.
Republican senators will reject the charges regardless of how compelling the case is against him.

And you call the Democrats disgusting, not the guy committing the crimes or his team of Republicans who enable him and cover up for him and obstruct justice for him?

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I searched foxnews website and youtube for a foxnews clip on this but there is none.

I guess as long as far right media don't write about then you won't believe it.
You would be wrong on that guess. I watch almost all the news channels except for MSNBC who is so far left and in the tank that they are not even a news source.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You would be wrong on that guess. I watch almost all the news channels except for MSNBC who is so far left and in the tank that they are not even a news source.
What I have seen from MSNBC has been fair and balanced.
Rachel Maddow is definitely fair and balanced, she certainly hasn't gone up on stage at a Democratic rally.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What can the Democrats do?

If they have a House hearing, what do they base it on?
Has any formal complaint been made? Has any whistleblowers report been filled out and submitted to the IG?

Even if it gets that far, what can they do?
Trump claims "absolute immunity" and puts pressure onto everyone not to testify or offer documents or evidence. People wanting to testify know that they will get fired or demoted. Any IG that does any investigations will get fired.
If it goes to the Senate there will be no witnesses, no evidence.
Republican senators will reject the charges regardless of how compelling the case is against him.

And you call the Democrats disgusting, not the guy committing the crimes or his team of Republicans who enable him and cover up for him and obstruct justice for him?
You are overstating the problem excessively.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

To save the Trumpers some time, I don’t mind spending a minute to provide the stock answers -

1) It’s fake news, never happened
2) Ok it happened but not like they said
3) Ok it is like they said but there must be an alternative explanation (btw anything anyone else from the other party ever did ever is far worse)
4) It turns out this is part of Trump’s plan to ‘drain the swamp’. By appearing to be utterly without scruple he is actually waging war against the forces of darkness.
5) MAGA

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To save the Trumpers some time, I don’t mind spending a minute to provide the stock answers -

1) It’s fake news, never happened
2) Ok it happened but not like they said
3) Ok it is like they said but there must be an alternative explanation (btw anything anyone else from the other party ever did ever is far worse)
4) It turns out this is part of Trump’s plan to ‘drain the swamp’. By appearing to be utterly without scruple he is actually waging war against the forces of darkness.
5) MAGA
Wouldn't it be nice to get the facts from the Trump side before we convict him. I think you would expect that much if someone accused you of doing something improper.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status