✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump-inspired death threats are terrorizing election workers

Election officials and their families are living with threats of hanging, firing squads, torture and bomb blasts, interviews and documents reveal. The campaign of fear, sparked by Trump's voter-fraud falsehoods, threatens the U.S. electoral system.

Late on the night of April 24, the wife of Georgia’s top election official got a chilling text message: “You and your family will be killed very slowly.”

A week earlier, Tricia Raffensperger, wife of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, had received another anonymous text: “We plan for the death of you and your family every day.”

That followed an April 5 text warning. A family member, the texter told her, was “going to have a very unfortunate incident.”

Those messages, which have not been previously reported, illustrate the continuing barrage of threats and intimidation against election officials and their families months after former U.S. President Donald Trump’s November election defeat. While reports of threats against Georgia officials emerged in the heated weeks after the voting, Reuters interviews with more than a dozen election workers and top officials – and a review of disturbing texts, voicemails and emails that they and their families received – reveal the previously hidden breadth and severity of the menacing tactics.

Full article available in the link.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. It's an honest statement of fact. The left has never engaged in death threats, ever.

The fact that you feel the need to defend the behavior described in the article is pretty gross.

If someone said 'Donald Trump and anyone who voted for him should all be killed', I'd definitely condemn that, not try to make excuses for it.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The fact that you feel the need to defend the behavior described in the article is pretty gross.
I defend nothing. The right are the hateful bigots here, not anyone on the left who are above this sort of thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did Trump personally inspire any of this OR are left wingers blaming anything they don't like on Trump?
Not directly but it all comes from his baseless claims and unevidenced conspiracies surrounding the election.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To my question "Did Trump personally inspire any of this OR are left wingers blaming anything they don't like on Trump?" you replied.
Not directly but it all comes from his baseless claims and unevidenced conspiracies surrounding the election.
Our friend for NZ says just the opposite.
Trump personally saw to it that these threats were made. He's just that dangerous.
I would like to see the smoking gun, you know documents, recordings etc. where Trump personally did this.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To my question "Did Trump personally inspire any of this OR are left wingers blaming anything they don't like on Trump?" you replied.

I would like to see the smoking gun, you know documents, recordings etc. where Trump personally did this.

You mean where he personally claimed the election was rigged/stolen?

Those are very easy to find.

Donald Trump Speech on Election Fraud Claims Transcript December 2 - Rev

Donald Trump said:
It was about many other things, but above all, it was about fraud. This election was rigged. Everybody knows it. I don’t mind if I lose an election, but I want to lose an election fair and square. What I don’t want to do is have it stolen from the American people. That’s what we’re fighting for. We have no choice to be doing that. We already have the proof. We already have the evidence, and it’s very clear. Many people in the media and even judges so far have refused to accept it. They know it’s true. They know it’s there. They know who won the election, but they refuse to say, “You’re right.” Our country needs somebody to say, “You’re right.”

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

He has poured gasoline on this wildfire for months. He started his verbal assaults of voter fraud, mail-in-ballots, and his "the election is rigged" rhetoric months ago before the first vote was even cast in the presidential election. He tweeted, "Big protest in DC on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!"

Trump Summoned Supporters to 'Wild' Protest, and Told Them to Fight. They Did (Language: Trump uses profanity in his speech at the Capitol). I'm including his remarks telling his supporters to fight.

“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore."

“We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that."

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony and Prior to Capitol riot, Proud Boys took Trump’s words as call to action.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Our Kiwi friend is being facetious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. It's an honest statement of fact. The left has never engaged in death threats, ever.

Hi Ignatius the Kiwi,

I'm glad you support that the left doesn't engage in death threats by telling us that it is a fact. Why does the right?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because they're evil?

Is that a guess or is it also one of your verifiable and certified factoids?
I'm asking for a reasonably well thought out understanding here. Why is that only the right feels it righteous and necessary to make death threats to get their way?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Is that a guess or is it also one of your verifiable and certified factoids?
I'm asking for a reasonably well thought out understanding here. Why is that only the right feels it righteous and necessary to make death threats to get their way?

God bless,
Ted
Because they're evil.

Upvote 0