• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump in Houston

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,042
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    And what exactly was the media supposed to say?

3. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+15,535
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What’s wrong with the piece? Should they ignore the people that aren’t as thrilled with Trump and his policies as you are?

4. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    You have 50,000 people show up at a rally involving the President and the leader of India.

There is no mention from Consistently Negative News that touts this accomplishment and incredible show of good will.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  5. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Here is how our President was introduced earlier at another meeting

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+9,355
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Is this about Donald or Modi?

8. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,374
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
  9. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,042
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    1) Modi is the Prime Minister of India, not Pakistan. 2) CNN was covering the rally live. 3) I'm not seeing how it's an accomplishment. India is an ally and there is a large Indian population in Texas. 4) Modi is a controversial figure that is not universally loved either by Indians or people of Indian descent. It seems reasonable to show that perspective in an opinion piece.

EDIT: So I looked into it more. PM Modi has been here several times before, including 4 times during the Obama administration. He often comes on a state visit in late September and stays for the UN General Assembly meeting, which starts tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,042
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    It can't be about Modi since hislegacy doesn't even know what country he is the leader of.

11. dailyprayerwarrior

dailyprayerwarrior New Member

+64
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    November will be an interesting time indeed! Let us continue to follow the Lord's instruction to pray for the leaders of the country regardless of the party (1 Timothy 2:1). God is working out His plan for the nation through prayer and taking action by voting. :oldthumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+6,090
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  13. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    bernie.JPG

And the person who the polls say can defeat Trump is just North of him on Norman.

50,000 vs 500 and guess who gets more press.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. wing2000

+6,090
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It seems the op is under the impression this was Trump's rally:
    Called “Howdy, Modi!,” the event was staged to honor the prime minister and was billed as the largest gathering for an invited foreign leader other than the Pope. Attendees, many of them from Texas’s large Indian diaspora, packed into NRG Stadium, the 72,000-seat home to the NFL’s Houston Texans. Houston is the nation’s most diverse city and home to an estimated 150,000 Indian Americans.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,286
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, I don't know - maybe report the news of what is happening with the 50,000 people instead of why people outside are not applauding.

Perhaps since this was one of the largest gathering - someone would show footage of it.

16. wing2000

+6,090
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...I found an article in the front page of the Washington Post website. I guess it doesn't count as media.

17. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+6,943
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That he's the best, THE BEST President ever whose crowds are way bigger than any crowd any previous President has ever had cheering for him. They are huge, and everyone loves him. ... because shut up, he's great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. iluvatar5150

+10,374
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Bernie didn’t have 500. He had 4000.

Thousands of Bernie Sanders supporters attend rally in Norman

Erika Stanish (@Erika_Stanish) | Twitter

And given that Norman, OK has only about 110,000 people, that means that Bernie got roughly 3.7% of the town’s population to his rally. For Trump to have gotten a similar turnout rate in Houston, with a population of 2.3 million, he would’ve had to have had to have had 85,000 at his rally. Which he didn’t. Sad. He didn’t even sell out the venue:

[​IMG]

19. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+431
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Not like having a leader holding a big rally and firing up his supporters is anything new

Personally I would prefer folks concentrate on the political issues and study them by themselves instead of having a mob mentality for strong men and easy solutions and empty promises.

It has often led to unfortunate consequences....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. iluvatar5150

+10,374
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    So, I’m finally watching The Office and I just got to the Dwight’s Speech episode where Jim coaches/trolls him into cribbing a speech from Mussolini and the crowd loves it. So good. Not on youtube, unfortunately.