Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you see Joe Biden in the video? Did you hear what he said? Do you think that RT made up the video with look alike actors?

Shoot the message not the messenger is the moto around here isn't it?
No and no. I'm just wondering why you would post a video from media that is supported by the Russians when there are other media outlets with the same information.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And so...this whistle blowing phony ploy by the democrats is falling apart...just like the Russia hoax has fallen apart.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting...with Pelosi`s unilateral decision to fast tract the impeachment process against the POTUS. This is going to be interesting indeed.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And so...this whistle blowing phony ploy by the democrats is falling apart...

In what way, specifically?

Weird we'd get this random assertion rather than actually addressing the facts brought up earlier in the thread. Perhaps we've entered the "because I said so, that's why!" stage of the RNC spin.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

Weird we'd get this random assertion rather than actually addressing the facts brought up earlier in the thread. Perhaps we've entered the "because I said so, that's why!" stage of the RNC spin.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to be falling apart anywhere besides CF and right-wing bubbles.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe he/she has been taking lessons from Kellyanne Conway?
Alternative facts.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-1_10-37-42.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-1_10-37-42.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And so...this whistle blowing phony ploy by the democrats is falling apart...just like the Russia hoax has fallen apart.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting...with Pelosi`s unilateral decision to fast tract the impeachment process against the POTUS. This is going to be interesting indeed.

I personally do believe that the Squad has nearly destroyed any hope that the Dems had in 2020.................. now this gambit will really put them into a massive decline on election day!

There are ways that President Trump could really finish them off........

one of them involves an alternative theory on stabilization of the climate that will fit with Isaiah 35

My two somewhat humorous submissions for $25 million Virgin Earth Challenge.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Huh? She had never said that she was going to hold a vote on beginning an impeachment inquiry. It was only Trump demanding one even though there is no legal or procedural need to.
From OP:
WASHINGTON—Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the House would move ahead with an “official” impeachment effort after reports that President Trump withheld aid to Ukraine while he was pressing the country to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son.

Official impeachment effort requires a vote of the whole House; otherwise it is just a group of democrats hoping and wishing......

Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
From OP:
WASHINGTON—Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the House would move ahead with an “official” impeachment effort after reports that President Trump withheld aid to Ukraine while he was pressing the country to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son.

Official impeachment effort requires a vote of the whole House; otherwise it is just a group of democrats hoping and wishing......
Show me the law or rule where it's required for a full House vote before starting an inquiry. There is no legal or procedural requirement.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who's on the Intelligence Committee?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C'mon girl, make up your mind......
Pelosi announces House won't vote now on whether to begin impeachment inquiry
Pelosi announces House won't vote now on whether to begin impeachment inquiry

And POP! goes another Democratic balloon.......

And pop, there goes another poster who doesn't understand the Constitution nor the WSJ article cited in the original post.

There is no constitutional requirement for the entire House to vote to begin an impeachment inquiry.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Show me the law or rule where it's required for a full House vote before starting an inquiry. There is no legal or procedural requirement.

The tradition of how this has been dealt with two times has set the accepted criteria. Anything less is a scam. While Nixon resigned before the House voted it was certainly going the direction for a vote to take place and with Bill Clinton there was allowed a vote by all....and why? To do everything possible not to leave the appearance of it being a partisan endeavour.

The framers of the Constitution definitely would have agreed with this and I'm sure would have assumed it would naturally take place. To stand on the idea there's no legal requirement sets aside really all ethical standards which have already by precedent been put forth and agreed to. I think for the Dems to do this they really throw a monkey wrench into sound nation building and really create a new type of country. I suggest it would have LOST something precious along the way.

In the years up ahead the power may be reversed...the Dems have the Presidency, the Repubs have the House....there will be no grounds for complaint in future years if Repubs refuse a vote. If this is the type of nation they want then so be it but know they're the ones who in future years created the sad scenario. I think the question I'd ask some here would be IS THIS what you really want?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There is no constitutional requirement for the entire House to vote to begin an impeachment inquiry.

So tell us Wing if you would....why did the Republican-controlled House allow a vote when Clinton was impeached? I guess they were dumb to do this? Wise to? Right to? What exactly was their motives for doing so?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tradition of how this has been dealt with two times has set the accepted criteria. Anything less is a scam. While Nixon resigned before the House voted it was certainly going the direction for a vote to take place and with Bill Clinton there was allowed a vote by all....and why? To do everything possible not to leave the appearance of it being a partisan endeavour.

The Nixon impeachment was started by a Judiciary Committee vote on May 4, 1974.
The House Judiciary did not pass 3 articles of impeachment until nearly 3 months later - July 27-30th....at that point, a House vote was to occur but never did.

Nixon resigned on Aug 8th.
The complete Watergate timeline (it took longer than you realize)

Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry on September 24th, three weeks ago. The Congress, with the exception of the Intelligence Committee, has been in recess until this week.

• Winner
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So tell us Wing if you would....why did the Republican-controlled House allow a vote when Clinton was impeached? I guess they were dumb to do this? Wise to? Right to? What exactly was their motives for doing so?

You would have to ask them. The fact is, each House has conducted the Nixon and Clinton impeachment inquiries differently.

Upvote 0