Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOLOL. I’m glad to see this. It will keep congress occupied so they can’t screw anything else up. They’ll get nowhere, the people will see it, and see how little they do, and vote them out.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟229,557.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
LOLOL. I’m glad to see this. It will keep congress occupied so they can’t screw anything else up. They’ll get nowhere, the people will see it, and see how little they do, and vote them out.
There seems to be something to this. It started with Mitch McConnell agreeing to pursue the Ukraine whistleblower complaint followed by every Senate Republican and every Democrat unanimously agreeing to call on the Trump administration to share the entire whistleblower complaint. That's very unusual.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congress with an approval rating of 17% is going after a President with an approval rating of 43%. Is the overall plan to have no leadership?

The Constitution does not include approval ratings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dynadin

Mar 11, 2018
Tifton
✟128,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not up on the current right-wing spin on all things Trump, but is this still dismissed as a 'nothing burger' or has it been super-sized to an 'almost-nothing burger' with a side of treason yet?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I desperately want Trump out. But I think this is a bad idea. I don't think there's going to be a smoking gun, and I think the inquiry will end up collapsing. If Trump actually releases the transcript, you can be sure it's not going to show anything. That doesn't mean he didn't pressure them in other ways, but good luck proving it. I'd wait until you know you've got evidence of something impeachable. I'm not convinced they do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have written both Va senators saying I get nothing but support got Trump on my Facebook page and contempt for the Democratic Party. I went on to say that I have learned to hate the Democratic Party with my whole heart, mind, and body... And that after voting Obama in for both terms!

Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I desperately want Trump out. But I think this is a bad idea. I don't think there's going to be a smoking gun, and I think the inquiry will end up collapsing.
I disagree and think there is something to this. The IG that passed on the report and then told Congress that they should have gotten the report after 7 days is a Trump appointee. Plus the fact that the DOJ and the White House held this back suggests there is something there.

Part of what is upsetting people is the fact the report was withheld, not what is on it. This has never happened before with whistleblower reports before. Seams odd that a procedural process could start the impeachment ball rolling, but so it is.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have written both Va senators saying I get nothing but support got Trump on my Facebook page and contempt for the Democratic Party. I went on to say that I have learned to hate the Democratic Party with my whole heart, mind, and body... And that after voting Obama in for both terms!

Facebook makes its living by trying to just give you what you want to hear, more of the same, and some advertisements alongside.

I distrust that echo-chamber effect.

I don't need people telling me 5 versions of what I already know and think. Fortunately, I don't tend to only have friends on one side of the aisle though, so my feed, which I admit I only see about once in a month, isn't slanted one way or the other. Wait, I'll check to verify that :=).....

Ok, checked. It's almost 100% just personal life pictures and updates. Just about zero political flavor, but for one person only. There was one political ad, but I'm not the kind to listen even if I respect the candidate.

So, your feed is unusually political and slanted as best I can tell. Maybe you selected friends according to worldly political flavor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So, your feed is unusually political and slanted as best I can tell. Maybe you selected friends according to worldly political flavor?
My friends are almost all from church. A few from work. We mostly agree. A lot of it is about personal stuff, but there's a substantial amount of politics as well. Oddly, I see ads from both sides. I suspect the reason is that I'm a Christian, and Facebooks' algorithms think that means conservative.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It needs investigating because I have no problem believing he did it, but I don’t see him actually being impeached, much less removed. I have no faith in the process. He has been caught doing so many ridiculous, treasonous things, but nothing ever comes of it.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree that this investigation is likely to help the president in his re-election. However, it will NOT hurt the House majority or Senate races. The Democrats had exactly zero choice.

The reason that Pelosi didn't wait for the transcript (and repeat the Mueller Report error) is that she has enough with what Trump has already agreed to.

THE CALL
The Mueller Report was issued.
The next day, Trump withheld $400M funds from the Ukraine.
A week after that, Trump called the Ukraine and asked their president 8 times to investigate the Bidens.
After the Senate insisted, he released the money.

THE WHISTLEBLOWER
The whistleblower followed the law. The IG investigated and found the information very damaging and give it to the DNI to be farwarded to the Congress, as the aw required. The WH and Justice intervened and order the DNI to withhold the document, which refers to more than on event.

CONCLUSION
These two are enough for impeachment inquiries to start
A) The president requested that Ukraine interfere with the US election by investigating the Biden's.
B) The president and Justice interfered and ordered the DNI to withhold the IG assessment.

I desperately want Trump out. But I think this is a bad idea. I don't think there's going to be a smoking gun, and I think the inquiry will end up collapsing. If Trump actually releases the transcript, you can be sure it's not going to show anything. That doesn't mean he didn't pressure them in other ways, but good luck proving it. I'd wait until you know you've got evidence of something impeachable. I'm not convinced they do.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0