Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But it also means that by an EXTREMELY THIN margin he won the election.

And yet it is considerably more than Trump. I seem to remember that Trump described his win in 2016 as a landslide.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
But it also means that by an EXTREMELY THIN margin he won the election.

Meh. It wasn't that 'thin'. He beat Trump by almost 4.5 percent. Some votes went to other candidates entirely.

He has no mandate that comes from over 65% of the vote.

I don't recall making such a claim in the first place. That kind of win hasn't happened since the 1800's.
List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia

And a 2% shift is not only possible but likely.

2 percent won't cut it actually. Trump lost by more than 4 percent, and he lost the popular vote in the last election too. That didn't stop Trump's mischaracterization of his win in 2016 as a "landslide victory".

In four short years, Trump has managed to *destroy* the Republican party. When Trump took office the Republicans controlled the House, the Senate *and* the executive branch. After January 20th, they'll control *none* of them. You can thank Trump for that.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But it also means that by an EXTREMELY THIN margin he won the election. He has no mandate that comes from over 65% of the vote.
That has happened five times in US history. Meaning that every president other than Washington, Jefferson (only for his second term) and James Monroe did not have a mandate.

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't even think of any prominent democrat that did anything even *remotely* like Trump has done, but of course I would apply the same diligence regardless of party. What democrat ever got a crowd to storm the US Capitol and incited a mob calling for the "hanging" of Mike Pence?

Please show me where Trump told, urged, indicated etc. that anyone should invade the capitol, damage property, do anything illegal etc?

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,107.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please show me where Trump told, urged, indicated etc. that anyone should invade the capitol, damage property, do anything illegal etc?

That is the question that will be settled by the Senate. It has already been settled once. It is all a matter of the language Trump has used since the election results were posted. Was it inflammatory? Would right-minded people find it seditious?

It's going to trial, Baby!

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Well, let's look at the evidence. It was Trump himself who called his followers to come to Washington DC and specifically asked them to show up on January 6th for a "Save America" rally. He said that it would be "wild" and indeed it was "wild" alright, including riots. Typically the counting of electoral college votes is a mere formality, but apparently Trump intended to "pressure" the Congress and pressure Mike Pence to break the law by bringing large crowds into DC that day, as though anyone actually had the right or the power to overturn the election results. They didn't have that kind of power to start with, particularly not with a Democratically led Congress. There was no possible *legal* or rational way for the results to change that day. None.

That act of gathering them to DC that day was itself an "intent" to defraud the American public and take away their right to vote for the leader of their choice. He'd already *lost* the election *legally*, so what was the point of even having his riotous mob come to DC on that particular day? There was absolutely nothing good or legal that they could do that day to change the outcome of the election.

Trump continuously lied to his cult followers for weeks and months about them or Mike Pence having some sort of magical "power" to change the supposedly "stolen" election. Nothing about that decision to pressure the congress was "honorable" to begin with.

Before Trump came on the stage, he first handpicked two other speakers, including his own *personal* lawyer who lied repeatedly about the election, and he specifically said: "Let’s have trial by combat." right before they marched on the Capitol. What they hell is "combat" supposed to mean in this context? Combat against who? That bit of incitement came from Trump's *own own personal lawyer* too!

And another hand picked speaker that Trump chose to speak that day was Alabama congressman Brooks. Brooks specifically said to the mob: “Today is the day that American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass,”. Who's ass did Trump and Brooks intend for the crowd to 'kick' that day?

Then Trump finally took the stage, and of course he spewed flat out *lies* to his motley mob right before the riot:

The media is the biggest problem we have as far as I'm concerned single biggest problem.The fake news and the big tech, big tech, is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago, we surprised them. We took him by surprise and this year they rigged an election, they rigged it like they have never rigged an election before,...

That was a flat out lie. Nobody "rigged" the election. Of course the rioters that Trump summoned to DC beat up several folks from the media that day, and destroyed a lot of their equipment.

All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by a bold and radical left Democrats which is what they are doing and stolen by the fake news media. That is what they have done and what they are doing. We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved.

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about.

More blatant lies. Nobody "stole" the election. Trump *lost* the election. Period! The only one trying to "steal" anything was Trump himself! He specifically chose to *not* tell his unruly mob the truth, right up to the very moment that he sent them down to the Capitol, some of them even wearing shirts that said "Civil War - January 6, 2021".

ErFERZtVEAEDyqQ

If they had 'enough' and they weren't going to take it anymore, what *exactly* did he expect them to do about it?

And his litany of lies continued:

And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.

Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. You know I say sometimes jokingly, but there's no joke about it. I have been into elections. I won them both and the second one I won much bigger than the first, okay?

No, not "ok". He didn't "win" the popular vote, not *ever*, not even in the first election. He won the electoral college in 2016, but by the same 74 vote difference he *lost* by in 2020. But Trump won in 2016 by *much* smaller state by state margins than he lost those states in 2020. He didn't win the 2020 election at all, let alone by a "landslide". He flat out lied to his riotous cult mob. Why?

There's never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen.

Not going to let it happen.

That's when the crowd starting chanting: "Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump. Fight for Trump."

What did Trump expect them to do?

John ("kick ass" Brooks) is one of the most brilliant lawyers in the country and he looked at this, and he said what an absolute disgrace that this could be happening to our Constitution and he looked at Mike Pence, and I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election.

According to the constitution, Mike Pence didn't have *any* power that day, not even the power to *vote* on accepting or rejecting any specific state's totals! That was another *flat out lie* he told the crowd, one that ultimately resulted in his *mob* trying to hunt Mike Pence down and hang him! What a horrible position he put Pence in that day! Wow.

For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans. And that's what they are. There's so many weak Republicans.

More lies. Trump branded all the Republicans who disagreed with him personally as 'weak' and 'pathetic'. They weren't weak or pathetic at all, they were simply being *honest* about the outcome of the election whereas Trump was *lying through his teeth* because he's a pathetic con artist!

Democrats attempted the most brazen and outrageous election theft. And there's never been anything like this. It's a pure theft in American history. Everybody knows it.

Pure lies.

Don't forget, when Romney got beat--Romney. Did you see his--

I wonder if he enjoyed his flight in last night.

But when Romney got beat, you know, he stands up like your more typical--well, I'd like to congratulate the victor. The victor. Who was the victor, Mitt?

He essentially reveled in the fact that Romney was verbally assaulted at the airport simply for *telling the truth* about Trump losing the election, and for acting like a real man and admitting his defeat when he lost to Obama in his Presidential bid. Trump villianized and belittled *everyone* he disagreed with, including his "fellow" Republicans. What a smuck.

But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country, we've never seen anything like it. You could go all the way back. You know, America is blessed with elections. All over the world they talk about our elections. You know what the world's says about us now? They said we don't have free and fair elections.

More blatant lies. Nobody but Trump and his cult minions say that we don't have free and fair elections.

And you know what else? We don't have a free and fair press. Our media is not free, it's not fair. It's suppresses thought. It suppresses speech, and it's become the enemy of the people. It's become the enemy of the people. It's a--it's the biggest problem we have in this country. No third world countries would even attempt to do what we caught them doing.

His attack on the free press sound almost identical to the disinformation coming out of Germany prior to WW2. According to Trump, nobody can but trusted besides Trump himself.

And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. And if he doesn't, that will be a sad day for our country because you're sworn to uphold our constitution.

Pence *upheld* the constitution. What Trump was asking him to do was *burn* the constitution and *defy* the constitution. More of Trump's lies intended to pressure Pence into committing crimes, and they easily could have gotten Pence killed too.

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--

We're going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol--

And we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.

We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated.

Every single state certified their results, and they were all "lawfully slated". There were no "unlawfully slated" votes! More lies. Of course he's calling on a mostly *Democratic* congress to do something they would never do and which could not and would not happen.

They defrauded us out of a win in Georgia. And we are not going to forget it.

The only one trying to commit "fraud" was Trump when he asked people in Georgia "find" him 11,800 votes!

Shall I cite a few more of his blatant lies where he specifically *mislead* his cult and urged them to "fight like hell" or they wouldn't have a country anymore?

Sheesh. Trump is a first class fraud of *epic* proportions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry but I'm going to believe Alan on this loooooong before some anonymous avatar on the internet.
Alan Dershowitz was Trump’s lawyer in his first impeachment. He gave us a doozy last year with this:

“Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest and if a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

In other words, the president can’t be impeached if he does something he believes is in the best interest of the public.

I think you’re being played by yet another Trump lackey.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alan Dershowitz was Trump’s lawyer in his first impeachment. He gave us a doozy last year with this:

“Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest and if a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

In other words, the president can’t be impeached if he does something he believes is in the best interest of the public.

I think you’re being played by yet another Trump lackey.
And the total amount of fees you earned last year as a lawyer were how much?
Vx
president emeritus at america's most prestigious law school...

Guess who I am going to take advice from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Still trying to figure out what the Dems think this is going to accomplish.
Saving the taxpayers lots of money by cutting trump off from his security detail, pension and presidential health care, as well as preventing a Trump 2024 campaign (which would further destroy the GOP, so they are actually doing the republicans a favor).

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And the total amount of fees you earned last year as a lawyer were how much?
Vx
president emeritus at america's most prestigious law school...

Guess who I am going to take advice from?
You can take advice from who ever you like. I’m saying you’re being played if someone’s led you to believe Trump hasn’t been impeached for a second time. It should maybe raise a flag that this guy was Trump’s personal impeachment attorney last time so I think there’s a slight conflict of interest here and he’s providing this cover for Trump fans looking for something — anything — to ease their feelings this week.

You never did reply to my comment in the other thread about the plain text of the Constitution. Impeachment happens in the House. That’s what happened yesterday. Trump has been impeached.

Deal with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can take advice from who ever you like. I’m saying you’re being played if someone’s led you to believe Trump hasn’t been impeached for a second time. It should maybe raise a flag that this guy was Trump’s personal impeachment attorney last time so I think there’s a slight conflict of interest here and he’s providing this cover for Trump fans looking for something — anything — to ease their feelings this week.

You never did reply to my comment in the other thread about the plain text of the Constitution. Impeachment happens in the House. That’s what happened yesterday. Trump has been impeached.

Deal with it.
I've lived through Nixon's non impeachment... similar set of circumstances.

If the Senate refuses to hear from the house because Trump is no longer president what is the House going to do?

Nothing...there's nothing they can do. The only president that can be impeached is Biden by the time the Senate will convene.

Impeach is when the House presents it's case to the Senate...that's what they call that...not the House taking a vote to do so.

And Mcconnell has been extremely clear on the matter.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've lived through Nixon's non impeachment... similar set of circumstances.

If the Senate refuses to hear from the house because Trump is no longer president what is the House going to do?

Nothing...there's nothing they can do. The only president that can be impeached is Biden by the time the Senate will convene.

Impeach is when the House presents it's case to the Senate...that's what they call that...not the House taking a vote to do so.

And Mcconnell has been extremely clear on the matter.
Comfort your feelings however you can. Trump is the only twice impeached president and that’s what the history books will say.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Comfort your feelings however you can. Trump is the only twice impeached president and that’s what the history books will say.
No... because if nixon wasn't impeached at all...then Trump only once.

Can you show me where anybody claims nixon was impeached?

Upvote 0