Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be much easier if the DC DA was to file charges...that might actually get traction. I doubt it...but it's a possibility.
Why not both? That would work.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The House won’t send the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for a while. As was noted, there is precedent for holding a Senate trial after the accused is out of office. Democrats want the 2 new senators from GA to be sworn in. Then they’ll have 50 votes to convict Donald Trump. They’ll need 17 Republicans to agree. They might get 4 or 5. But as of now, it’s unlikely that Trump will be convicted. However, just to get it on record that he’s the only President in history to be twice impeached could be enough.
I have seen one article that claims upwards of 20, more than enough Republicans, are willing to vote guilty in the Senate. I do believe the source was the New York Times. I will see if I can find it again.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Dershowitz is the reigning scholar on such issues.

Unless the government throws out the entire constitution and themselves in favor of a politburo of some form and a supreme chancellor...
Alan has the gravitas of experience and knowledge.
So he has you convinced! We’re familiar with Dershowitz.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've seen reports that 10 Republican Senators are ready to vote for Impeachment charges, and that as many as 20 are considering voting to convict.

I hope you’re right. I’m sure many Republicans have known for some time that Donald Trump was toxic. But they were too intimidated by his base to do anything about it. Oh well, better late than never.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The president is the president until such time as he leaves office.
Joe gets sworn in the morning on the 20th. Prolly around 10AM...Senate would be occupied until 1:00 PM. Way too late to do anything.

As per the 20th Amendment, the terms of the incumbent President and VP end at noon on January 20. The election winners are sworn in immediately after. By tradition, the VP is sworn in first. And then the President. So Kamala and Joe will take the oaths at, or just after 12:00 PM.

The 20th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dudnt madder.

It's over anyway.

But the reality question is are you still going to be blaming Trump for stuff 20 years from now ?

Dems did it with Nixon...all of Carter's ineptitude was all Nixon's fault somehow. Never did figure out how that worked.

The damage Trump has done to America's reputation will last more than twenty years. Authoritarians will literally pull the Trump card for years to come.....

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dudnt madder.

It's over anyway.

But the reality question is are you still going to be blaming Trump for stuff 20 years from now ?

Dems did it with Nixon...all of Carter's ineptitude was all Nixon's fault somehow. Never did figure out how that worked.
Trump has poisoned American politics for at least a generation. If we’re still dealing with violent right wing terrorists 20 years from now carrying Trump MAGA flags, we’ll know who to blame.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The damage Trump has done to America's reputation will last more than twenty years. Authoritarians will literally pull the Trump card for years to come.....

I find it amazing how much he did do when he SOMEHOW accomplished nothing according to the Dems...

It's absolutely amazing the paradox the Dems believe. Action or inaction... competent vx idiot....
Benevolent vx thief...

Pick one that isn't the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I find it amazing how much he did do when he SOMEHOW accomplished nothing according to the Dems...

It's absolutely amazing the paradox the Dems believe. Action or inaction... competent vx idiot....
Benevolent vx thief...

Yes, I agree--it's hard to explain a nuanced position to a conservative.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Benevolent vx thief...

I am speaking to governing by our espoused democratic values....transparency, freedom of the press, separation of powers, etc

When I hear someone like Rodrigo Duterte label a news organization as "fake news" -- we know exactly where that came from....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The only reason the Dems stopped blaming Nixon was that they HATED Reagan more...
The fact that Carter was truly inept never occurred to them.
Yeah, the Democrats hated Reagan so much that many of them voted for him.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dudnt madder.

It's over anyway.

The same way the "Election steal" happened. Just make up crap and keep repeating it.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the fact that the Dems delayed any Covid relief for months and months seemingly unable to find any sort of compromise but inside of two days can find the hutzpa to vote to impeach Trump that has absolutely no chance of being completed. There won't be any Senate in session to bring their case to until after Trump is no longer a sitting president.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How about the fact that the Dems delayed any Covid relief for months and months seemingly unable to find any sort of compromise but inside of two days can find the hutzpa to vote to impeach Trump that has absolutely no chance of being completed. There won't be any Senate in session to bring their case to until after Trump is no longer a sitting president.
What Cow said: Just make up crap and keep repeating it.

Upvote 0