Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe all polls underrepresented Trump voters which is why this is even better news to me. No question, his popularity has been rising. But why?

Tax cuts?

Pay bonuses?

Jobs?

State of the Union Speech?

The MSM over the top attacks?

Trump's response to the school shooting?

Could be a combination of all.

Donald+Trump+Trump+Holds+Listening+Session+QWwTex7rvr3l.jpg

TRUMP HITS 50% APPROVAL

Talk about a weighted poll. Drudge is a far right source. Quinnipiac Univ. has dropped his approval to 37%

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and...he's back where he was:
Trump’s Approval Rating Falls Back to Lowest Point of Presidency
President Trump’s approval rating has fallen back to the lowest level seen in his presidency in a new CNN poll, with even Republican support declining. In the poll conducted by SSRS on Feb. 20-23, just 22 percent of people under 35 said they approve of the president. He got an overall rating of 35 percent, which matches that of a December poll that reached the lowest point since he took office. His approval ratings also hit their lowest point among Republican respondents, with 80 percent saying they approve of the president—a slight decline from an earlier low of 81 percent.
tulc(see's that didn't take long at all) :sorry:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe all polls underrepresented Trump voters which is why this is even better news to me. No question, his popularity has been rising. But why?

Tax cuts?

Pay bonuses?

Jobs?

TRUMP HITS 50% APPROVAL

I believe all polls underrepresented Trump voters

I agree.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Probably more than half since the polls most likely underrepresent Trump supporters just as happened with the polls during the 2016 presidential election.

I agree.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is amazing when you consider the attack that's been mounted against him and how polls have been skewed against him.

And keep in mind Obama's approval was much lower at this same time in his presidency with full media support.

Trust me this is a big deal.
It is amazing when you consider the attack that's been mounted against him and how polls have been skewed against him.

Indeed. And amen.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trudeau is a pretty good Prime Minister, I agree with him on many things. Still the "Peoplekind" incident was hilarious.
Boy this trip to India is turning into a bigger and bigger mess all the time.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who did? The world was shocked.

Nobody believed that the USA would vote for a man who openly bragged about sexually assaulting women. Who made racist statements (according to leader of his own party). Who ran scam "University" to take last dollars from desperate people. Who has long history of not paying his bills to working people who have done work for him.

Nobody thought a Christian nation such as America would support such a person. We were wrong.

Except that never happened. Trump bragged about women allowing him to do things to them at a different time in his life. But we like the changes he's made. Christianity focuses on direction, not perfection.

And Trump has never once made a racist statement. He made a politically incorrect statement (and true statement) about illegal immigration. Even MLK's niece and nephew backed him up on this, much to CNN's chagrin. (I suppose they're racist also.:doh:)

[Staff edit].

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that never happened. Trump bragged about women allowing him to do things to them at a different time in his life. But we like the changes he's made. Christianity focuses on direction, not perfection.
Actually, this would be a VERY new development among some groups of Christians in America. I believe it didn't happen until they discovered A) some Scriptures that they claim say Christians aren't allowed to disagree with Presidents? Apparently they were only just found after President Obama got out of office. and B) that "focus" only seems to apply to Republican politicians. Everyone else is still required to be sinless. :wave:

And Trump has never once made a racist statement. He made a politically incorrect statement (and true statement) about illegal immigration. Even MLK's niece and nephew backed him up on this, much to CNN's chagrin. (I suppose they're racist also.:doh:)
Well...I don't know about "making" them but I'd be a little suspicious of someone who had to be sued twice by the government to be forced to rent to black tenants. :sorry:

[Staff edit].

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Tax cuts?

Pay bonuses?

Jobs?

TRUMP HITS 50% APPROVAL

LOL! The right is really excited about one poll that is already right leaning.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And libs are clinging to the disprove polls to this day. Can't blame them. It's all they have.

BTW, more bad news. The congressional advantage dems had (according to their own polls) has disappeared.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And libs are clinging to the disprove polls to this day. Can't blame them. It's all they have.

BTW, more bad news. The congressional advantage dems had (according to their own polls) has disappeared.
only according to Rasmussen.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
only according to Rasmussen.

True, but the other polls who historically have under polled Trump support are also showing surges. My guess is Trump is likely at 60% (perhaps 55%), if you take into account how wrong polling firms have been.

Not good new for the pro-aborton crowd looking to end the momentum.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is not true.

Rasmussen leans Republican because they use autopolling and by federal law, they can then only poll those with landlines. Those with landlines tend to be older, and likely Republican.

In contrast, other polls who use real people can call those with cell phones. That opens it to a more representative group of people in the US.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...In contrast, other polls who use real people can call those with cell phones. That opens it to a more representative group of people in the US.

Then why were these polls so wrong on election day? Seems you're ignoring that big egg they laid last November. Remember Hillary had a 95% chance of winning according to the NYT? That was based on the polls you're defending.

[Staff edit].

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You are allowed to believe what you want. It is a free country.

I do not care who backed who. When a president comes out and supports Nazis and White Supremacists by saying some are "very nice people", he is being a racist. That is why so many people resigned to protest his statements. This is on top of his many other racist actions.

For instance, Trump pardoned the racist Sheriff Joe. Trump stated that a judge could not be impartial because he was Latino. Even the leader of Trump's party agreed that was racist.

Trump led the racist Birther Movement. There are many other examples of Trump's racist behavior. But this should not come as a surprise, considering that a significant part of his base is racist.

22 million Americans support neo-Nazis, new poll indicates

Donald Trump: White Supremacists Praise Charlottesville Talk

Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists applaud Donald Trump's response to the deadly violence in Charlottesville

Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost

"Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke explains

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump actually beats Obama once, in one poll, in well over a year. This is like Christmas for Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why were these polls so wrong on election day?
But they weren't wrong (no matter how many times you want to make this false claim) :wave:

Seems you're ignoring that big egg they laid last November. Remember Hillary had a 95% chance of winning according to the NYT? That was based on the polls you're defending.
Here's a question: who did the polls say was going to get the most popular votes in the Presidential election? Second question: who GOT the most popular votes in the Presidential election? It's sort of adorable how you keep claiming "The polls were wrong in the election!!!" and yet they were spot on in what the final tally of the popular vote was. :D

[Staff edit].

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And a nightmare for abortion lovers.
This is an ignorant statement. Someone has lied to you and you believed them.

Nobody that I have ever met "loves" abortions. Some people do respect a woman's right to control her body. These are two different things, so I repeat that whoever told you that people love abortions was lying to you. Please stop believing them.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why were these polls so wrong on election day? Seems you're ignoring that big egg they laid last November. Remember Hillary had a 95% chance of winning according to the NYT? That was based on the polls you're defending.

Because Comey's actions a week before? Because the stuff the Trump campaign got from Russia via wikileaks took their toll? because 47% of the eligible voters did not vote?
Lots of reasons.
Rasmussen thought Romney was going to win in 2012. oops

Rasmussen is just one poll. Perhaps some Trump supporters are desperate for anything indicating Trump is like more? dk

Upvote 0