Trump highlights his favorite moment from the hearing yesterday…

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From the "Immensely gratifying", files: Trump highlights his favorite moment from the hearing yesterday…

@RepRatcliffe: "Are either of you here today to assert there was an impeachable offense in that call? Shout it out."

"Anyone?"

*crickets*
Gosh, it’s like he just doesn’t understand how any part of the government he’s been elected to lead even works. I expect his followers to fall for these tricks but what a shameful display for the House Republicans trying to pull this one over on us all.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
From the "Immensely gratifying", files: Trump highlights his favorite moment from the hearing yesterday…

@RepRatcliffe: "Are either of you here today to assert there was an impeachable offense in that call? Shout it out."

"Anyone?"

*crickets*

Both of them were extremely open about how impeachment was none of their business, and that they were there simply to report on what they'd witnessed.

But if asking people questions they aren't there to answer and then pretending their lack of an answer means you're innocent, then yeah great, good day for Trump.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gosh, it’s like he just doesn’t understand how any part of the government he’s been elected to lead even works. I expect his followers to fall for these tricks but what a shameful display for the House Republicans trying to pull this one over on us all.

It will never get a 2/3 vote in the Senate, thus Trump will remain President, and not only that, he will get re elected. Democrats are being foolish here, and yet again wasting everyones time with their never ending obsession with trying to remove Trump. I don't even care much for Trump anymore, yet I would rather have him as President any day, as opposed to any of these Democrats running against him. If some think it is bad now, imagine if one of these Democrats won the election in 2020. Let's pray that never happens so we don't have to find out how bad it can really get. If anyone is being shameful, it wasn't the house of Republicans yesterday, it's the Democrats that are being shameful for putting this country through this nonsense to begin with.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Jim Jordan speed-talking some of Sondland's testimony to show America how confusing this all is.

When questioning Bill Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine who served up some of the most damning testimony against the president, Jordan read a sentence from European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s sworn testimony.

“ ‘Ambassador Taylor recalls that Mr. Morrison told Ambassador Taylor that I told Mr. Morrison that I conveyed this message to Mr. Yermak on Sept. 1, 2019, in connection with Vice President Pence’s visit to Warsaw and a meeting with President Zelensky,’ ” Jordan read several times, each a tick faster than the previous.

This of course is exactly the thing that Sondland now remembers saying himself, so Jim can hear it directly from Sondland later on if he's still confused.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jim Jordan speed-talking some of Sondland's testimony to show America how confusing this all is.

When questioning Bill Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine who served up some of the most damning testimony against the president, Jordan read a sentence from European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s sworn testimony.

“ ‘Ambassador Taylor recalls that Mr. Morrison told Ambassador Taylor that I told Mr. Morrison that I conveyed this message to Mr. Yermak on Sept. 1, 2019, in connection with Vice President Pence’s visit to Warsaw and a meeting with President Zelensky,’ ” Jordan read several times, each a tick faster than the previous.

This of course is exactly the thing that Sondland now remembers saying himself, so Jim can hear it directly from Sondland later on if he's still confused.
Oh, that. But that's exactly why they put Jordon on the committee, because he is so good at complicating simple facts and in a very boisterous manner.
Both Taylor and Kent did a really good job at staying within their purview and not allowing anyone to drag them into other areas outside their station. Neither is easily intimidated either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

"Anyone?"

*crickets*
I noted that the right wing only highlighted statements made by their committee, not the witnesses. Not one clip of a witness testimony that defends Trump, only grandstanding by the Republicans. That’s telling.

And of course those men didn’t make a judgement on impeachment. They were there as witnesses, not adjucators.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Both of them were extremely open about how impeachment was none of their business, and that they were there simply to report on what they'd witnessed.

But if asking people questions they aren't there to answer and then pretending their lack of an answer means you're innocent, then yeah great, good day for Trump.

At one point Adam Schiff said a question someone had just asked a witness it is not on the day's topic.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It will never get a 2/3 vote in the Senate, thus Trump will remain President, and not only that, he will get re elected.
I agree he most likely will but that’s more of a sad commentary on America than it is anything else.

Democrats are being foolish here, and yet again wasting everyones time with their never ending obsession with trying to remove Trump.
Democrats know this won’t remove Trump. The voters know this too. Still, the President is abusing his power and clearly acting in his own interest and behaving lawlessly but he knows Senate Republicans aren’t going to turn on their base and stand up to him to convict. The House Democrats have been pushed into a lose-lose scenario by Trump. They can either push back against Trump knowing they’ll lose or they can ignore his misconduct like Senate and House Republicans have chosen to and turn their backs on their duty to the Constitution.

I believe they made the right choice standing with the Constitution.

I don't even care much for Trump anymore, yet I would rather have him as President any day, as opposed to any of these Democrats running against him. If some think it is bad now, imagine if one of these Democrats won the election in 2020.
I tend to agree. The outright hatred, distrust and contempt the right seems to have for Democrats seems to have reached a fever pitch. I don’t see much good coming no matter who wins the next few elections. Get used to it because this is the new normal for at least a generation from now.

Let's pray that never happens so we don't have to find out how bad it can really get.
Yes let’s pray for a one party rule in America. Because two choices wasn’t limiting enough. We’ll really be free when we’re free of any choices.

If anyone is being shameful, it wasn't the house of Republicans yesterday, it's the Democrats that are being shameful for putting this country through this nonsense to begin with.
Which is what? What exactly have they put the country through? The impeachment is of Donald Trump, one individual. Not the United States.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

But at the end of the day, it is the followers of President Trump that cling to every word uttered that will elect him to a second and third term.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Take heart, he can't be elected three times.
He gets two elected terms only.

With his flagrant disregard for the Constitution as well as a Senate that will do anything for him, don’t count your chickens yet.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Take heart, he can't be elected three times.
He gets two elected terms only.

If his supporters would lay down and let him get away with this, why wouldn’t they lay down when he overruns the Constitution and run for a third term?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If his supporters would lay down and let him get away with this, why wouldn’t they lay down when he overruns the Constitution and run for a third term?

Or better, KING!!!!

Upvote 0