• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump has made my political science students skeptical — of the Constitution

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Pommer, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,422
    United States
    Married
    The Constitution works just fine, when the right people are in power.

3. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,854
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    They need to be wider read - not just spoon fed from the left.

They could research it - might be a good project, of course that might result in finding out they are being lied to.

4. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    They’re in a college class to “learn about The Federalist Papers”.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,854
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    And they should do some research on the realities of what the president went through after his winning the election and before his inauguration, seem like they are informed through the Jim Acosta school of thought and do not have all the facts they need to make and intelligent informed opinion.

6. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I’m sure that they’re all caught up on the news.

7. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Well-Known Member

+2,515
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    It makes me be skeptical of my Political Science Professors

8. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,989
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Breaking News- College students skeptical of Constitution!
    Also Breaking News- Tomorrow, sun will rise in east and set in west!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. NeedyFollower

NeedyFollower Well-Known Member

+382
    Anabaptist
    Celibate
    Well actually the constitution was probably the best that any uninspired mortal could do . I noticed that you are listed as a deist . You are probably more aware than most that the writers and framers of the constitution were for the most part deist. ( Despite the rhetoric of the Christian right . ) I believe our first six presidents were slave owners and some had sex and offspring with their slaves . I am not sure they meant for everyone to vote or thought that everyone had the wherewithal to vote . So , our current president is nothing new although he has done a good job of bringing out the racism , hate and division that was already laying dormant in many people ( both religious and non )
    As a Christian , I am instructed not to have hope in any man ( human) for man is easily deluded and prone to thinking too highly of their selves . If we are not careful , we may start thinking we have the ability to govern ourselves . We may then be inclined to seek the vote .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,887
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Through whose lens? Just because the class description or title says one thing, doesn't mean what is being taught isn't coming from a far left paradigm... as is the case with most institutes of higher learning.

11. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,753
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Honestly, I do think the last few years have shown some pretty glaring weaknesses in the Constitutional system of government.

12. Silmarien

Silmarien Existentialist

+3,307
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    How strange. I would argue that the current constitutional crisis actually shows how well the Constitution was constructed--it took more than two centuries and a perfect storm for checks and balances to finally fail, and that was only for two years before the balance of power swung back to something like normal. The Constitution survived FDR; it can probably survive Trump as well. (Whether it can survive the climate that led to Trump is a separate question.)

I wonder how students view the strong anti-populist themes in the Federalist Papers. Those anti-democratic sentiments have never been terribly popular, but I really think they've been vindicated in full now.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,989
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome to 2001, glad you could join us.

• List
  14. Lord Give Me A Sign

Lord Give Me A Sign Newbie

+53
    Christian
    Single
    America has been sewing bad seeds since day one. What do you think the Constitution meant to blacks and Native Americans a few hundred years ago?

I dont believe in following some Constitution. My Constitution is the bible

15. RichardY

RichardY Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.

+63
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Are you a Democrat?

The Union being one Big Federation. The Confederate States, multiple federations. Personally I think a Common Wealth would be better where people's can govern as they choose, but cooperate on Military matters. No forced economic union. Is the USA going to forever buy up commodities with reserve currency status.

16. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    You should read the article in the OP, you can get a distinct flavor for the writer.

• List
  17. Pommer

+1,071
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Your last sentence just drips with irony, you know!
    Yes, once we awoke to the horrors of chattel-slavery, we “rectified” that situation both in the gruesome real world and in that little document that contains that very heart and soul of our system of government, largely by the 13th, 14th and fifteenth Amendments.

18. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+9,112
    Other Religion
    Care to educate the rest of on “what he went through”?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+4,853
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Man. What a parade of disappointment reading these replies.
    My tendency would be to agree that his divesting was, at best superficial.

Here his supporters have a GREAT opportunity to provide a detailed rebuttal; A chance to put these liberal commies in their place with a fact based response

I'm not as informed on this as I could be and, while it does smell super fishy, fish tacos smell fishy and I love fish tacos. The same way I like facts. So a chance to convince me Trump took all appropriate steps for divestiture has gone past with Absolutely no convincing information

It's too bad posters complain about liberals attacking Trump and then do an abysmal job convincing others of the facts that support Trump.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+9,112
    Other Religion
    Silly leftist, you should do the research for yourself.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • List