✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what he said that he would do.
he also said he was going to protect the Kurds in January of this year:
Trump gives no timetable for Syria exit; wants to protect Kurds
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday the United States would get out of Syria slowly “over a period of time” and would protect the U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters in the country as Washington draws down troops.
so...I'm not sure what your point was. :sigh:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pence heading to Turkey:

VP Pence heading for Turkey following President Trump's sanctions, ceasefire call | Fox Business

I would not be surprised Turkey exits NATO and brokers a deal with Putin.

Then there is the matter of the nukes we still have in Turkey. The situation is right out of a Harold Coyle novel named the 10 Thousand.

And over the weekend, State and Energy Department officials were quietly reviewing plans for evacuating roughly 50 tactical nuclear weapons that the United States had long stored, under American control, at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, about 250 miles from the Syrian border, according to two American officials.

Those weapons, one senior official said, were now essentially Erdogan’s hostages. To fly them out of Incirlik would be to mark the de facto end of the Turkish-American alliance. To keep them there, though, is to perpetuate a nuclear vulnerability that should have been eliminated years ago.

“I think this is a first — a country with U.S. nuclear weapons stationed in it literally firing artillery at US forces,” Jeffrey Lewis of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies wrote last week.

For his part, Mr. Erdogan claims nuclear ambitions of his own: Only a month ago, speaking to supporters, he said, he said he “cannot accept” rules that keep Turkey from possessing nuclear weapons of its own.

Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Pence heading to Turkey:

VP Pence heading for Turkey following President Trump's sanctions, ceasefire call | Fox Business

I would not be surprised Turkey exits NATO and brokers a deal with Putin.

Then there is the matter of the nukes we still have in Turkey. The situation is right out of a Harold Coyle novel named the 10 Thousand.

And over the weekend, State and Energy Department officials were quietly reviewing plans for evacuating roughly 50 tactical nuclear weapons that the United States had long stored, under American control, at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, about 250 miles from the Syrian border, according to two American officials.

Those weapons, one senior official said, were now essentially Erdogan’s hostages. To fly them out of Incirlik would be to mark the de facto end of the Turkish-American alliance. To keep them there, though, is to perpetuate a nuclear vulnerability that should have been eliminated years ago.

“I think this is a first — a country with U.S. nuclear weapons stationed in it literally firing artillery at US forces,” Jeffrey Lewis of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies wrote last week.

For his part, Mr. Erdogan claims nuclear ambitions of his own: Only a month ago, speaking to supporters, he said, he said he “cannot accept” rules that keep Turkey from possessing nuclear weapons of its own.

Trump Followed His Gut on Syria. Calamity Came Fast.

Trump is politically and diplomatically ignorant. We have a spoiled child running the country. I am beginning to think that this will not end well --- for either Trump or the USA.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟949,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And over the weekend, State and Energy Department officials were quietly reviewing plans for evacuating roughly 50 tactical nuclear weapons that the United States had long stored, under American control,...
I would, at least, think about dismantling them, removing vital trigger circuitry or their core nuclear materials...
full

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would, at least, think about dismantling them, removing vital trigger circuitry or their core nuclear materials...
full
Just send in a USO tour. Then ship out the nukes in the roadie equipment. Done deal. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is politically and diplomatically ignorant. We have a spoiled child running the country. I am beginning to think that this will not end well --- for either Trump or the USA.
Definitely a mess.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just send in a USO tour. Then ship out the nukes in the roadie equipment. Done deal. ;)
...having been a part time roadie for several decades I think you may have come up with a GREAT idea! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(suspects they could use the "Lt. Dan Band" as a cover!) ;)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟786,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...having been a part time roadie for several decades I think you may have come up with a GREAT idea! :oldthumbsup:
Lol Lt Dan would be a good cover.

New band name. LT Dan and the Isotopes.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump halting trade negotiations with Turkey, raising its steel tariffs to 50%

Given that Trump had already increased steel tariffs on his allies and trading partners, like Canada, this is hardly what could be considered a deterrent when the lives of 1000's of Kurds are at stake!

What's next, withholding American alcohol and pork exports for Turkish Muslims?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

And that's all I'm gonna say about that."

• Haha
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Seems the EU may be following suit.

They will just buy their weapons from Russia and China instead. Also as I understand it they have pretty good manufacturing capabilities themselves.

Also , funny that Trump is not talking about US weapons embargo ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums