Trump greeted by (( Huge Cheers )) at LSU--Clemson game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No I would not
at least in public
but, I'm glad Trump did.

But how would anyone know you're on Donald's side, and not a piece of "human scum" yourself, if you didn't participate?

You wouldn't want to give the wrong impression, would you?

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And thus we've come to the point where the president not getting booed by a crowd becomes a newsworthy event.

I think it's shameful that he is the man who represents the Office of the Presidency, the Republican Party, and America itself. It's almost as shameful as him being associated with the Christian faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's shameful that he is the man who represents the Office of the Presidency, the Republican Party, and America itself. It's almost as shameful as him being associated with the Christian faith.

We sure are glad that a lot of people do not think that way trying to keep positive attitude towards all the presidents we have had.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thank goodness the herd I'd headed in the right direction.

Ultimately, every shepherd leads the sheep to one place.. to be sheared and butchered.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's shameful that he is the man who represents the Office of the Presidency, the Republican Party, and America itself.

You're far from alone.

It's almost as shameful as him being associated with the Christian faith.

Depends on the nature of the association, I suppose.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I had Exodus 32:4 in mind.

There's also Jesus' warning about false prophets who come in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves (Matthew 7:15). Jesus said, "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" (v.16). Donald Trump is definitely known by the fruit he bears in his life... sexual immorality (serial adultery), impurity and debauchery (sexually groping women), hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy. He's also notoriously known for his lying tongue and deceitfulness. And out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth speaks and he spews out malicious slander and mockery against the people he despises.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth speaks and he spews out malicious slander and mockery against the people he despises.

And he despises anyone who fails to praise him.

No wonder his followers are afraid to criticize him...

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And he despises anyone who fails to praise him.

No wonder his followers are afraid to criticize him...

The Republicans who are courageous enough to oppose him are called human scum and traitors. But being morally consistent doesn't seem to be a common attribute among the majority of the Christian Right anymore since Trump came along and started politically pandering to them. We hear some of them complain about Hillary calling his supporters a 'basket of deplorables, but they agree with him for calling the Republicans who oppose him 'human scum.' They willingly dismiss his comment while complaining that Hillary was wrong for her 'deplorables' comment, and that's not morally consistent.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Republicans who are courageous enough to oppose him are called human scum and traitors.

And those who don't deliver the requisite amount of praise might meet a similar fate.

But being morally consistent doesn't seem to be a common attribute among the majority of the Christian Right anymore since Trump came along and started politically pandering to them.

In all fairness, I don't think it ever ways... Every GOP politician dangles thirty pieces in front of the evangelicals in exchange for their support... pulling them a little more out of the churches and into the lure of worldly politics, power, and privilege.

The difference is that pre-Donald, those politicians could at least put on a show of ethical behavior in order to give the evangelicals a sense of plausible deniability -- "Sure, he's bankrupting the country, but he's such a good family man!"

Donald's ascension has shown that such shows aren't necessary -- just hand over the thirty pieces, and they'll happily look the other way.

We hear some of them complain about Hillary calling his supporters a 'basket of deplorables, but they agree with him for calling the Republicans who oppose him 'human scum.' They willingly dismiss his comment while complaining that Hillary was wrong for her 'deplorables' comment, and that's not morally consistent.

Depends on your morals -- When the first commandment becomes, "Thou shalt not deny me my piece of the action," anything goes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.