Trump gives Honduras ULTIMATUM: Stop migrant caravan or we’ll stop sending you aid!

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Israelis are smart enough not to waste billions of dollars on a wall that would be compromised in a manner of weeks.

They are also smart enough to protect their borders.

If we remember kind of goes back to the Bible days.

There were a lot of walls around those cities.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are also smart enough to protect their borders.

If we remember kind of goes back to the Bible days.

There were a lot of walls around those cities.

M-Bob

...which begs the question: why use 2,000 year old technology? Technology that can be easily undermined by very well financed cartel operations?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A very small portion of the military is trained to kill and destroy.
...and an even smaller portion are trained boarder patrol agents not to mention the legal issues surrounding the use of the military to enforce the law.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A 1,933 mile long military base, ambitious.

One soldier per mile.
Little base camps set up.
Richest country on Earth
Should be able to pull it off?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and an even smaller portion are trained boarder patrol agents not to mention the legal issues surrounding the use of the military to enforce the law.

Military Police units would probably be the closest equivalent to a border patrol agent.

In any case, "send in the military" is just another example of a solution that plays well politically, but would be no more effective than current border patrol operations or financially sustainable over the long term.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Military Police units would probably be the closest equivalent to a border patrol agent.

They would also be legally hamstrung as all they would really be able to do is ride along with the real boarder patrol and help under their direct supervision. This would leave the boarder patrol agent dragging along a assistant of middling use and the military with an opening where that MP was suppose to be operating.

In any case, "send in the military" is just another example of a solution that plays well politically, but would be no more effective than current border patrol operations or financially sustainable over the long term.

The boarder seems to be the land of ineffectual, expensive, grandstanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton -- all support open borders.

You do understand the difference between "open borders" - and the rejection of wasteful spending on a border wall and draconian policies to set a finite limit on immigration numbers, right?

This is nothing more than a manifestation of the textbook Trump rhetoric of "if you're not 100% on-board with my plan, then you must be for the polar opposite position". Similar to the nonsensical claims from war hawk neocons, when someone opposes increases in military spending, they immediately accuse them of not 'supporting the troops' who 'fight for our freedom'.

No, Democrats Don’t Want ‘Open Borders’

Most of the democrats (including the one's you listed), while supporting a pathway to citizenship, still voted in favor of a bipartisan bill that would provide $25 billion toward border security via strategically placed barriers and additional security personnel.

It seems like many Trump supporters have it in their minds that "It's gotta be a massive wall or nothing".

What exactly is it about the wall that excites everyone so much? They do realize that most illegal immigrants are the result of visa overstays, and not people who were sneaking in across the boarder, right? (meaning the wall wouldn't have stopped them)

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,548.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Most members are trained to shoot. Once. Been there.

As have I. I don't know when your experience in the military was but as a "non combat" MOS when I was in an active war zone I was fully expected to engage any actively hostile force. That the training I received was not as extensive as a combat MOS does not change that.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Illegal Immigration: Yes, Democrats Are Now The Party Of Open Borders

For years, Democrats tried to portray themselves as tough on border security, even as they argued for amnesty for all illegal immigrants currently in the country. Sometimes they slipped, as Hillary Clinton did when, in a paid speech in 2013, she talked about her dream of open borders. (She quickly tried to explain away her comment, once it surfaced, as having to do with energy.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are the Democrats telling each other at this time, with the elections coming don't bring up the immigration issue?

Because they know that their stance is not a popular one with the majority.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's use would be a gross misuse of our highly trained military forces.

It would hard to imagine what the armed forces are for, if not to defend the border.

Desk trauma said:

There are no legal issues surrounding the use of the military to defend the border. That's what it's for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't care if it cost me $50 a day and the goats can sacrifice a half a bale of hay.

Probably best that Trump closes the border between the US and Mexico since Mexico is not doing their job of stopping people coming through.

And Mexico only has a 200 mile border to protect down there.

Trump threatens to call US military to close southern border as 4,000-strong migrant caravan pushes north

“I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.,” Trump tweeted Thursday morning.
He added: “In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!”

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Illegal Immigration: Yes, Democrats Are Now The Party Of Open Borders

For years, Democrats tried to portray themselves as tough on border security, even as they argued for amnesty for all illegal immigrants currently in the country. Sometimes they slipped, as Hillary Clinton did when, in a paid speech in 2013, she talked about her dream of open borders. (She quickly tried to explain away her comment, once it surfaced, as having to do with energy.)

For years we have not had a comprehensive solution because folks like you kept screaming amnesty and taking comments like Clinton's out of context.

Economic free trade zones are not the same as open borders.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't care if it cost me $50 a day and the goats can sacrifice a half a bale of hay.

Probably best that Trump closes the border between the US and Mexico since Mexico is not doing their job of stopping people coming through.

And Mexico only has a 200 mile border to protect down there.

Trump threatens to call US military to close southern border as 4,000-strong migrant caravan pushes north

“I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.,” Trump tweeted Thursday morning.
He added: “In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!”

Trump: Clean should clean up his own businesses first. He's hypocrite number one when it comes to the hiring of illegal labor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
For years we have not had a comprehensive solution because folks like you kept screaming amnesty and taking comments like Clinton's out of context.

We haven't had a comprehensive solution since Eisenhower... that worked quite well, though.

Upvote 0