Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We regularly have political riots, now including groups of masked individuals who specifically seek to severely injure their opponents to the maximum extent possible. People have been sent to the hospital, city blocks have been put to fire.

Yeah, we're past the point where calm discussion is going to settle this. You're just now noticing this?

And that only started in Jan 2017, never having occurred once in the history of this country.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
our
I always knew Obama was a commie Muslim…

The Muslims are no friends of communism - Chechnya, the Afghan War ... !

Given that "Donald Trump" is on the record stating that he doesn't believe in the need for God's forgiveness from sin - he seems like a strange choice for our conservative Christian "friends" to lend their support!

As for the election of House Republican Gianforte, he will be an unwanted "albatross" hanging around the necks of the GOP for the 2018 Midterms and an ongoing embarrassment for the state of Montana!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Do you read every story that people link to from Breitbart, LifeSiteNews or InfoWars before you cast a judgment bout whether it is true or false?

No where did I say that you have to read every story...

What I said was that you should take it as true until you find a credible source that refutes it. I will add the addendum "or unless you can not find a credible source to confirm it."

If InfoWars states that Obama was behind the 9/11 attacks. Then I will search for the sources that INfoWars used to come up with that assertion. If InfoWars is not forthcoming with those sources, then I will search for credible sources to collaborate. If I can find no credible sources, then I can use common sense to determine the story is completely false and made up.

With google, the above will take a minute or two.

And incidentally, putting InfoWars and MSM in the same category is disingenuous.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So perhaps I get into trouble given the nature of this site. But anyway....

You wrote a screed about "truth" and "facts" and the problem of people relying on gut and emotion instead.

And you are a Christian.

You believe with faith and a complete absence of evidence in a God with an intricate 1000 years old history that made a series of rules to live by and will look after you in eternity after you die...or get raptured, depending on your beliefs.

You have no idea what I believe. I'm a former scientist and have no problem with my faith coexisting within the bounds of known science.

If you want to know why your population behaves the way it does take a moment to examine the attitudes and expression of your fellow congregation listening to your pastor/priest next time you are in church.

Yes, human behavior being what it is lends itself to the problem I describe.

For a lot of people, faith trumps facts. And those that "believe" Donald Trump is the best thing for this country, then facts don't matter, they will go with their beliefs...

Upvote 0