Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are believing a teaching that came from the counter reformation based on your post.

Luis de Alcasar
Jesuit scholar Luis de Alcasar (preterism’s creator) in 1604. His book, Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse, was published in 1614. Froom states this:

Applying the New Jerusalem to the Catholic Church, Alcazar contended that the Apocalypse describes the twofold war of the church in the early centuries—one with the Jewish synagogue, and the other with paganism—resulting in victory over both adversaries. Revelation 1 to 11 he applied to the rejection of the Jews and the desolation of Jerusalem by the Romans. Revelation 12 to 19 Alcazar allotted to the overthrow of Roman paganism and the conversion of the empire to the church, the judgment of the great Harlot being effected by the downfall of pagan idolatry; Revelation 20 he applied to the final persecution by Antichrist, and the day of judgment; and chapters 21 and 22, referring to the New Jerusalem, he made descriptive of the glorious and endless triumphant state of the Roman church.v
Futurism and Preterism

To my knowledge, the Reformers did not ascribe Daniel 11:21 to the papacy. Do you have evidence that they did? Barnes' (largely reflecting the Reformation view) commentary ascribes it to Antiochus.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is more than one?

Paul strenuously denies that Jerusalem and Israel have a role to play in prophecy. Hebrews 13:12-14 says, “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To my knowledge, the Reformers did not ascribe Daniel 11:21 to the papacy. Do you have evidence that they did? Barnes' (largely reflecting the Reformation view) commentary ascribes it to Antiochus.

Using the Historical view of Interpertation of Prophecy there is, which is what the reformers used.

11:16-20 This section applies to the Pagan Roman Empire; it is the “King of the North” that “none shall stand before.” In 63 BC the Roman General Pompey interceded in a Jewish civil war and declared Judea a Roman protectorate.

Verses 17-19 are generally applied to Julius Caesar, ending with his assassination. Caesar Augustus, who, at the time of Christ’s birth, decreed that “the entire world should be taxed” (Luke 2:1), is pointed out in verse 20.

11:21-24 There are two different yet worthwhile views in the interpretation of the next two sections; both have good evidence to support them.

The first view is that this is still Pagan Rome with verse 22 being a reference to this power’s part in Christ’s death.

The second is that the prophecy here shifts over to Papal Rome, with verse 22 referring to the papacy setting itself up against Christ, corresponding to “magnified himself even to the prince of the host” in Daniel 8:11.

Daniel 11 Commentary

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Paul strenuously denies that Jerusalem and Israel have a role to play in prophecy. Hebrews 13:12-14 says, “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”
Well then, I guess all the action in the Middle east can just be ignored. If, that is, you are using it to judge how close we are to the end of this age.

Sorry, but I strongly believe that the events taking place in the M.E. especially around Israel..... very important and connected to the coming events of the end of this age.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Right. So if you're not a practising Judaist, you'd need a DNA test to confirm "chosenness".

I wonder if someone who is a practising Judaist can "backslide". Presumably a genetic Jew cannot.

I don't know what your are getting at here. A Jewish person, in this age, needs the salvation of Jesus Christ, just as any other non-Jewish person. Even before that, their lineage as an ancestor of Jacob was not what saved them. Nor will it save them in the future....

All it does is indicate that they are an ancestor of Jacob, a Hebrew, Jew...... whatever... It in no way has anything to do with their salvation or anything in regards to that.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well then, I guess all the action in the Middle east can just be ignored. If, that is, you are using it to judge how close we are to the end of this age.

Sorry, but I strongly believe that the events taking place in the M.E. especially around Israel..... very important and connected to the coming events of the end of this age.

So do I Jack but are they fullfilling Bible Prophecy or that of the Jesiut teaching of futurism.

Remember that Satan has and will counterfiet every thing in the Bible except the actual coming of the Lord in the Clouds.

That is why this verse is in the Bible
Matthew 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 [Full Chapter]
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. ...

This verse is not for the hethean but for those that profess to follow Christ in the last days.

Ask yourself WHAT IS THE LIE?

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. the whole chapter refers to the remnant Israel who will be saved during the Great Tribulation period. There is a distinction here between the Gentiles, who have been saved (vs. 11) and the Israel who have not yet been saved. "But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles." Branches were broken off so that we could be grafted in. "And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again." "For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your won opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until thr fullness of the Gentiles has come in."
Vs. 27 is an irrevocable covenant that obviously refers to the remnant Israel ( with THEM), whom will experience their veils being lifted and given sight spiritually. This may very well occur when every eye sees Jesus when He returns.
What you are dishing out is "Replacement Theology" and it is wrong. God is not done with Israel. Much of Revelation refers to Israel, the 144K, the two witnesses who preach to Israel and this remnant being protected during this time. The Deliverer (Jesus) will come and He has a covenant with them and will take away their sins. "Concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers." vs. 28 Vs. 25 warns us not to be ignorant of this mystery. They will be saved when the fullness of the Gentiles has come and we are at that time in history.
"For God has committed them to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all." vs. 32

For further study on Replacement Theology:
Error of Replacement Theology
Common sense should tell you that there are, and will always be, only two covenants/testaments. So you're obviously misinterpreting the scriptures, a book that is unread by the world.

Your opinions aren't facts. Get a grip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Historicist interpretations of the Book of Revelation - Wikipedia

Protestant reformers, including Martin Luther, John Calvin, Thomas Cranmer, John Thomas, John Knox, and Cotton Mather, felt the early church had been led into apostasy by the Papacy and identified it as the Antichrist.[8] The Centuriators of Magdeburg, a group of Lutheran scholars in Magdeburg headed by Matthias Flacius, wrote the 12-volume "Magdeburg Centuries" to discredit the papacy and identify the pope as the Antichrist.[9] So rather than expecting a single Antichrist to rule the earth during a future Tribulation period, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and other Protestant reformers saw the Antichrist as a present feature in the world of their time, fulfilled in the papacy.[10]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Iteresting statement Made by an SDA pastor,
By Pastor Hal Mayer on Dec 11, 2017
"Evangelicals misinterpret the prophecies as applying to literal Israel when they now apply to spiritual Israel. Consequently their interpretations of Bible prophecy are skewed to support this underlying error. The enemy can use them and the United States to fulfill erroneous prophetic interpretations and set the stage for Satan to appear as Christ in his final deception, and perhaps including Jerusalem in his global tour."

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not so sure Trump fulfill Ezek. 37:15, but I do know that this event is significant. Ezek. 37 & 38 have always been End Time chapters.
Says who? Your opinion isn't fact.

Ezek. 37:25-28 is specifically speaking of Jesus' return as King literally and dwelling in Jerusalem: " I will dwell in the land ... forever ... the nations shall also know that I, the LORD sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore."
It is a parable partially fulfilled by Zech 6:9-13; as prophesied in Eze 21:26-27 and Eze 17, particularly verses 22 to 24.

This act of Trump happens to be during the Jubilee Year, 50 years after Israel recaptured Jerusalem and 70 years after the UN's decision for Israel to become a nation. This is one generation according to David in Psalm 90:10.
Moreover, this move has been avoided by previous presidents, since it will create friction concerning any possible peace with the Palestinians AND the Islamic world as well.
Islam wants Jerusalem to be their capital and Israel annihilated.
So, this will bring about the stumbling block mentioned in scripture, Jerusalem, that the world is about to trip over and many nations will attack Israel and you know the rest, they will be destroyed. "Handmaid for Jesus" presented the scriptures above!
According to the scriptures anyone that teaches what your teaching is not of God:

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jo 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jo 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jo 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Common sense should tell you that there are, and will always be, only two covenants/testaments. So you're obviously misinterpreting the scriptures, a book that is unread by the world.

Your opinions aren't facts. Get a grip.
As the Bible clearly says in Romans 11:25, "do not be ignorant of this mystery..."
I'm well aware of two the Old and New Covenants. Romans 11 concerns both. Branches were broken off so that the Gentiles could be grafted in and God will graft back in the natural branches again. He committed them to disobedience but THEY WILL ONCE AGAIN RECEIVE MERCY when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete (vs.32)
It's one chapter, I don't get how you guys can't discern it. It's reasonable to think you would do this to the rest of the Bible as well. If I remember correctly, I've had conversations with you in the past -- you're also an Amillennialist?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Says who? Your opinion isn't fact.

It is a parable partially fulfilled by Zech 6:9-13; as prophesied in Eze 21:26-27 and Eze 17, particularly verses 22 to 24.

According to the scriptures anyone that teaches what your teaching is not of God:

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1Jo 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jo 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jo 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
I'm in agreement with every word of the Bible, but concerning the End Times, there are many views and I have mine -- The jury is not out yet. You will experience things in the coming months and years that you've never expected -- shall I then call you a deceiver?

You better watch yourself, you are accusing me of not being a Christian! That's against forum rules and although I've never reported anyone who outright attacks my faith ... let this be a warning to you!

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the Bible clearly says in Romans 11:25, "do not be ignorant of this mystery..."
I'm well aware of two the Old and New Covenants. Romans 11 concerns both. Branches were broken off so that the Gentiles could be grafted in and God will graft back in the natural branches again. He committed them to disobedience but THEY WILL ONCE AGAIN RECEIVE MERCY when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete (vs.32)
It's one chapter, I don't get how you guys can't discern it. It's reasonable to think you would do this to the rest of the Bible as well. If I remember correctly, I've had conversations with you in the past -- you're also an Amillennialist?

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Unless the text is in error here, there appears to be only one way for them to be graffed back in , and that way is if they abide not still in unbelief. Which means a free will choice on their part, and individually at that. IOW they have to find salvation like anyone else who finds it does, and that is through the cross.

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think she did.

Read it again:

Handmaid for Jesus said:
I am excited to see things shaping up and the way being prepared for the second coming of Lord Jesus.I just think that people do not understand that this preparation will not be pretty, or painless.

I think she absloutely did.

Lets read it one more time:
I am excited to see things shaping up and the way being prepared for the second coming of Lord Jesus.I just think that people do not understand that this preparation will not be pretty, or painless.

She is excited for the second coming of the Lord Jesus.

Perhaps, but its pretty clear she is also excited to "see things Shaping up" and that "It wont be painless"

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Unless the text is in error here, there appears to be only one way for them to be graffed back in , and that way is if they abide not still in unbelief. Which means a free will choice on their part, and individually at that. IOW they have to find salvation like anyone else who finds it does, and that is through the cross.
Absolutely! How did we believe? Did we jumpstart the process of Grace and Faith ... did we merit our salvation through reason and independent choice? If God did not draw us and lift the blindness, then we would not see either. He will draw them and lift their blindness. You have to ask why couldn't the most devout Jews, even Rabbi's not see for all this time? Because if God blinds you, there is nothing you can do to remove the blinders off -- He has to do it. He will have mercy -- especially when "every eye will see Him". They will mourn and realize that all this time since Christ, they were against the ONE whom they were waiting for. God is merciful!

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Iteresting statement Made by an SDA pastor,
By Pastor Hal Mayer on Dec 11, 2017
"Evangelicals misinterpret the prophecies as applying to literal Israel when they now apply to spiritual Israel. Consequently their interpretations of Bible prophecy are skewed to support this underlying error. The enemy can use them and the United States to fulfill erroneous prophetic interpretations and set the stage for Satan to appear as Christ in his final deception, and perhaps including Jerusalem in his global tour."

Wait a minute. Is he accusing evangelicals with setting the stage for Satan to appear as Christ? Sounds like it to me. Someone should tell him that God's Word just so happens to prophecy of Satan coming to pose as Messiah in the last days; no need to blame it on evangelicals who may warn about it from Scripture, because God is Who is warning us about it in His Word.

Rev.12:7 forward reveals Satan being cast down to this earth with his angels after the war in Heaven against Michael and his angels, and the "dragon" is one of Satan's titles given there, which continues as the subject of the coming false one in Rev.13 that will work great signs and miracles on earth, raining fire down from heaven in the sight of men, and setting up an "image of the beast" in false idol worship.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Using the Historical view of Interpertation of Prophecy there is, which is what the reformers used.

11:16-20 This section applies to the Pagan Roman Empire; it is the “King of the North” that “none shall stand before.” In 63 BC the Roman General Pompey interceded in a Jewish civil war and declared Judea a Roman protectorate.

Verses 17-19 are generally applied to Julius Caesar, ending with his assassination. Caesar Augustus, who, at the time of Christ’s birth, decreed that “the entire world should be taxed” (Luke 2:1), is pointed out in verse 20.

11:21-24 There are two different yet worthwhile views in the interpretation of the next two sections; both have good evidence to support them.

The first view is that this is still Pagan Rome with verse 22 being a reference to this power’s part in Christ’s death.

The second is that the prophecy here shifts over to Papal Rome, with verse 22 referring to the papacy setting itself up against Christ, corresponding to “magnified himself even to the prince of the host” in Daniel 8:11.

Daniel 11 Commentary
Calvin, in his commentary, ascribes v. 21 and some number of verses beyond to Antiochus.

I concur with the Reformation view of the papal antichrist. In Daniel, however, it is primarily based on the descriptions of the little horn in Daniel 7.

Upvote 0