seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you are correct then it means that all of the modern descendants of Jacob have been blinded to the truth of the Gospel. .

No it does not

There are Jews today that hate Jesus just as much or more than those who choose to have him crucified , YES Jews that hate Jesus

Mat 27:25
And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children

Even though the Romans put Christ on the cross it was the Jews that had him crucified for they were given a choice to set Jesus free -but they chose to have Jesus crucified

You continually have to put an all or nothing- nonsense to it

Just as in the gentiles there are those who see and those who do not
Jews are no different there are messianic Jews that accept Christ and there are Jews who reject Christ - those who reject Christ are blinded

It is great to share the gospel to non believing Jews and non believing gentiles
but to expect they all will accept Christ just because you shared the gospel with them is not a reality that will happen -some will accept some will reject Christ
There will be Jews that reject Christ up until Christ returns to earth whether you believe it or not
By removing scripture about Jesus reigning on earth you have already thrown scripture in the trash can

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is more than one?
Sure is called New Jerusalem

Revelation 21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. ...

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Only in futuristic view.

In the spiritual view keep your eyes on Heaven

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
IS TRUMP FULFILLING PROPHECY?

During his campaign, Donald Trump said he would "eradicate radical Islam very swiftly and very viciously”. Since then, I have been saying that if Trump really wants to eradicate radical Islam, he will have to have a way to identify or separate the radicals from the moderates. One of the best ways to do this would be to move the US embassy to Jerusalem and acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This would infuriate radical Islamists. They would become unhinged and stir up all kinds of trouble. This would then identify them as radicals to be eradicated. Here is why recognizing Jerusalem as the capital stirs up the anger of radical Islam. Islamists not only want to conquer the world, they want to set up the capital of all Islam in Al Quds, otherwise known as Jerusalem. So Trump's move to recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel is a direct counter to radical Islam. Friday, December 8 has been designated by some Muslims as a day of rage.

There is another possible side effect to this. Right now, radical Islam has been divided by violent infighting. Remember this Middle-east saying, “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” However, with this move, Trump may unite the radicals because they see Israel and the US as their greater enemies.

There is a related additional threat at the same time. ISIS has been calling for attacks on the Pope and the Vatican during the Christmas holiday. Their online terror magazine is even called “Rumiyah” which is arabic for Rome. It has been no secret that from the first day of the ISIS, they have wanted to attack Rome and the Vatican since they see this as a holy war. And even though radical ISIS is losing territory, they are now desperate to show power and start a holy war. What better way, in their minds, to get even for their loses and to advance their holy war hopes than by attacking the Vatican.

With the ISIS threats and the Jerusalem hype all at the time of Christmas, we are at a very interesting point. I do not know what will happen but this does appear to be in line with the final Islam and Christianity holy war of Daniel 11

ISLAMANDCHRISTIANITY.ORG

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All Israel WILL BE SAVED as it is written

That is refering to Spiritual Israel not the Genetic Israel.

We as Gentiles are grafted into the Spiritual Israel. As we cannot be grafted into the Genetic Israel.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you will look back at post #49 and # 60 above you will see that I clearly said there are two different groups of Israelites, just as found in Romans 11:1-5.

One group has turned away from God's plan and there is also a faithful remnant.

The same was true during the time of Elijah and during the time of Paul, and the same is true today.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey brother, could I get you to check your Inbox Conversations...I (think) I opened one yesterday...thanks.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Only in futuristic view.

In the spiritual view keep your eyes on Heaven
Well, that may be a good idea as well.

However, if you want to know the closeness of the final hour of this age, it is not going to be by keeping your eye on a future city... no, no... it will be by watching the events that are happening in this world in present time that involve Jerusalem.... the Jerusalem of today.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No...we are not to keep our eyes on Jerusalem. Jerusalem, in the OT was the location of the temple where God dwelt among His people. When Jesus declared the New Covenant Jerusalem became insignificant.

Was it not Jesus who said in Matthew 23:37-38:
37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
38 Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!

Again, Paul has declared "THE JERUSALEM ABOVE" to be our focus! You are told in Hebrews 12:22-24:
22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,
23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Don't confuse Jerusalem under the Old Covenant to Jerusalem of the New Covenant, because it is the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM!!!

Of course earthly Jerusalem has significance which is historical and serves as a testimony of the past, and we should embrace it on that basis...but to give it prophetic significance is not proper.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The little horn begins at Daniel 11:21 and it tells how he will prosper till the indignation be accomplished. It then shows that he falls at the end of this chapter.
You're dealing with something that already occurred. Daniel 11:21 is referring to Antiochus Epiphanes IV.
Here's a good place to understand that:
Daniel's Prophecy of Antiochus Epiphanes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have Jewish blood in me. What you are implying is that my view is an all or nothing at all -- not true! These are branches that have been broken off -- NOT ALL OF THEM, a remnant! It is obvious that many received the LORD during his ministry and throughout the Church Age -- but a portion were blinded.
Your doctrine is what led many to be anti-Semitic. 2/3 of the churches teach Replacement Theology. So it depends what church you attend. If you are Lutheran, Episcopal, Eastern Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Presbyterian, Methodist, chances are you were taught this.
If you attend a Baptist, Assemblies of God, Pentecostal, Four Square and various evangelical/ non- denominational, Calvary Chapel types, you most likely would not agree with Replacement Theology.
Top scholars would argue this and so might at well just admit that both views are real and agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is refering to Spiritual Israel not the Genetic Israel.

We as Gentiles are grafted into the Spiritual Israel. As we cannot be grafted into the Genetic Israel.
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, true. But Replacement Theology implies that the Jews who have been blinded (for our sake) are permanently blinded and will never see the light. Spiritual Israel has some more space to fill and a remnant of the Jews will be part of that enlightenment. You must distort Romans 11 and many other promises made.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are the distinguishing characteristics which an individual must possess in order to qualify as a Jew?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How on earth am I going to know the times of the end are coming by keeping my eyes on a Jerusalem that will not be here for another millennia, at least?

What I am saying is to watch what is going on in Jerusalem, the one in Israel that you can go and visit if you want to.....This is where the center of all the events will focus. This is where the happenings that signify where we are as far as the end of the age of grace is concerned. This is the city at the center of it all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What are the distinguishing characteristics which an individual must possess in order to qualify as a Jew?
Jews are unique as they are both a race and a religion. You can become a Jew, by religion. Assume their views and worship practices...Just like you can become a Catholic or Protestant or Scientologist (God forbid.. yikes )

But, you cannot become a Jew by genetics. The true Jew has ancestry to Jacob. You cannot gain this by ceremony.

There are no distinguishing characteristics anymore than what makes you a descendant of any other distant ancestor. The distinguishing characteristics would be at the persons DNA level.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I attend a local community church made up mainly of those from a Southern Baptist background.

The most anti-Semitic thing we can do is not share the Gospel with the Jewish people by claiming that their time of salvation lies in the future.

Based on Galatians 3:28-29, I am the seed of Abraham.

Based on Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 13:20 the "Church Age" does not come to an end before the Second Coming of Christ.

Read below what an Israeli Christian said about what many popular American preachers are promoting. Many of these preachers decry "Replacement Theology", when anyone disagrees with them.

Pastor John Hagee (CUFI), let my people go!! - ONE FOR ISRAEL Ministry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No. The Holy Spirit is given you, as well as the Word..so while you won't know...you're ready. No Christian knows the time, so how is watching Jerusalem going to help you?

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right. So if you're not a practising Judaist, you'd need a DNA test to confirm "chosenness".

I wonder if someone who is a practising Judaist can "backslide". Presumably a genetic Jew cannot.

The following articles tell us that there are almost certainly hundreds of millions who possess the Abrahamic genome. And there will be found more every day as the accuracy of genetic testing increases. In fact, the probability is that virtually every inhabitant of planet Earth possesses at least one molecule of Abrahamic DNA.

Abraham lineage

DNA Tests Could Fulfill God’s Promise to Abraham by Revealing Millions of Jews. But How Jewish is Jewish Enough?

Israel in all of Us? Research finds 'Jewish genes' in unusual places

Of course, in all probability, the vast majority will never know because they will never choose to be tested. Their first clue of their chosenness will be when they begin to be involuntarily herded to the Holy Land. There will invariably be some problems with overcrowding of that many individuals within even the expanded boundaries of Israel which we are told have been prophesied.

Undoubtedly, many will begin to rebel when they become aware that ultimately the probability of their extermination is 66 2/3% (Zechariah 13:8). But it will be to no avail.

Presumably wildlife and birds will clean up the carcases. They will feast like never before. But they'll have to speed it up to get things cleaned up before the millennium.

Believe it. It's all there either explicitly or implicitly in Scripture.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're dealing with something that already occurred. Daniel 11:21 is referring to Antiochus Epiphanes IV.
Here's a good place to understand that:
Daniel's Prophecy of Antiochus Epiphanes

You are believing a teaching that came from the counter reformation based on your post.

Luis de Alcasar
Jesuit scholar Luis de Alcasar (preterism’s creator) in 1604. His book, Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse, was published in 1614. Froom states this:

Applying the New Jerusalem to the Catholic Church, Alcazar contended that the Apocalypse describes the twofold war of the church in the early centuries—one with the Jewish synagogue, and the other with paganism—resulting in victory over both adversaries. Revelation 1 to 11 he applied to the rejection of the Jews and the desolation of Jerusalem by the Romans. Revelation 12 to 19 Alcazar allotted to the overthrow of Roman paganism and the conversion of the empire to the church, the judgment of the great Harlot being effected by the downfall of pagan idolatry; Revelation 20 he applied to the final persecution by Antichrist, and the day of judgment; and chapters 21 and 22, referring to the New Jerusalem, he made descriptive of the glorious and endless triumphant state of the Roman church.v
Futurism and Preterism

Upvote 0