USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Wrong, the GWT Judgment is not until after the "thousand years" of Rev.20 which is about Christ's future reign over the nations with "a rod of iron" per Psalms 2. That has NEVER happened before in history, not even to this time today.

Nor is the earth literally dissolved, but only the SURFACE OF THE EARTH will be cleansed by God's consuming fire, man's WORKS burned off it. God is not going to turn this earth into an asteroid belt. The earth is forever, like He said in Psalms 78:69. God's consuming fire event on the day of Christ's return, which is the "day of the Lord", is a type of judgment upon the earth, but it is not... the GWT Judgment that will only occur a thousand years afterwards per Rev.20.

Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the event of God's consuming fire on the day of Christ's return, on the "day of the Lord"...

Zech 14:12
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

KJV

And then after... that event, during Christ's thousand years reign, we are told this about some of those who came upon against Jerusalem on that "day of the Lord":

Zech 14:16-17
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
KJV

How is it there's some of those wicked that came against Jerusalem still existing AFTER... that event of God's consuming fire in verse 12? That is a direct link to the nations outside the "camp of the saints" in Rev.20 during Christ's "thousand years" reign.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This Existing Earth Is Not Forever As You Falsely Claim, Isaiah 24:20

This Earth Will Be Removed, It Will Fall And Not Rise Again 2 Peter 3:10-13

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Merry Christmas Ronald. So you're discounting the return to the land clearly pointed out in Ezra and Nehemiah and jumping to 1948? Why even in Daniel as he prays in Daniel 9 understand the return refers to their return from Babylonian captivity...and here you are trying to make it 1948.

Do you not understand flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom because the sin nature must be changed? This is why we're given the Holy Spirit..AND...why we must PUT ON our immortal bodies at the return of Christ!

You're still missing the point. For the Christian the reality IS the Spiritual!!! Why do you think we are commanded to "walk in the Spirit"?

Let's take it a step further. Jesus make this very point speaking to Nicodemus. In John 3:6:
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So once again your distinction you try to make is incorrect. Look at John 4:23,24:
23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

Furthermore, Paul points out to you in Romans 9:19-30 how these things apply as he clearly states that Gentiles are equally Israel as Jews are...and he applies the prophecies Isaiah and Hosea...which explains Romans 9:6-8

You also totally mis-apply Zechariah. Jesus told the woman at the well in John 4 the time had come when it's not it's not about earthly Jerusalem. and Paul tells us as much when he tells us THE JERUSALEM ABOVE is our mother. This point is clearly made again in Hebrews 12:18-24.
The Jerusalem of Zechariah is the Jerusalem above that is our mother of which we are citizens right now. Your eye is on the wrong Jerusalem Read Revelation 3:12.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews were scattered throughout the world in 70A.D. and after 1878 years they became a nation again and began the return home.

Do you not understand flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom because the sin nature must be changed? This is why we're given the Holy Spirit..AND...why we must PUT ON our immortal bodies at the return of Christ!
I absolutely understand this. And ...?

You're still missing the point. For the Christian the reality IS the Spiritual!!! Why do you think we are commanded to "walk in the Spirit"?
Absolutely, not missing that point, walk in the Spirit. And ... so ?

Let's take it a step further. Jesus make this very point speaking to Nicodemus. In John 3:6:
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
I am born again. So ... what is your point trying to imply I'm not aware of these truths???????????????????????????????????????

Once again, I agree with all scripture. You guys when backed to the corner start to distort what the other person says, imply that He doesn't believe or understand certain basics ... I'm sorry, you don't even get a nice try from me.

Scriptures that all of you are giving do not negate the promises to the remnant Israel in Romans 11. It's useless. You guys are Amillennialists. Do you understand that many in the church see it differently? You must distort or misinterpret much of scripture to arrive at these beliefs that you have. The Great Tribulation is coming soon; a remnant population of the Jews will be enlightened during this time; a 1,000 year Kingdom with Jesus ruling as King is coming. Sorry, but it futile to discuss this anymore to a wall of denial, a massive error made by your theology.
Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe in a future human man of sin/Antichrist? 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Do you believe in a future "Great Tribulation" of 42 months/1260days? Revelation 11, Revelation 13

Do you believe "Two Witnesses" will be prophets returned in physical bodies? Will there be literal plagues? Revelation 11

Do you believe this earth will be literally destroyed by fire? 2 Peter 3:10-13

Do you believe in the glorified, eternal, tangible, body at the resurrection? 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Do you believe in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, with a tangible tree of life, and river of life, animals present Isaiah 11, Revelation 21, Revelation 22?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This Existing Earth Is Not Forever As You Falsely Claim, Isaiah 24:20

This Earth Will Be Removed, It Will Fall And Not Rise Again 2 Peter 3:10-13

No, you're misunderstanding the Isaiah 24 passage. God is not going to literally destroy this earth, but cleanse its surface like He did with the flood of Noah's day, except using fire this next time.

Isa 24:19-23
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.

KJV

Moreover, Zech.14 and Acts 1 reveals Jesus will set foot upon the Mount of Olives at His return, which is where He ascended to Heaven from per Acts 1. Mount Zion is on earth, in Jerusalem, which will be the eventual new Jerusalem once Christ reigns there and has put all enemies under His feet.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mount Zion is on earth, in Jerusalem, which will be the eventual new Jerusalem once Christ reigns there and has put all enemies under His feet.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly:6 wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Rev_3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Rev_21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev_21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And the timing... when that was said? During THIS PRESENT WORLD TIME. That Heavenly Zion has always been in Heaven with God... during THIS WORLD.

But in the world to come, the New Jerusalem, i.e., the Heavenly, will be established HERE, ON EARTH.

This is what those with a carnal mind will never understand until they see it, i.e., Heaven ON earth.

When Jesus comes on the "day of the Lord" it will END this present flesh world time. We will no longer be in flesh mortal bodies. Even the wicked will have their flesh cast off, as proven in Zech.14 about those who come against Jerusalem on the last day of this present world.

This is what the 'change' at the "twinkling of an eye" is about that Apostle Paul was talking about on that day. In Isaiah 24, God described it like taking a bottle and turning it upside down, with the contents gurgling out. In Isaiah 25 where Paul was speaking of death being swallowed up in victory, God tells us the veil cast over all peoples will be removed then. The Heavenly dimension... which is behind a veil today for those us living in the flesh on earth, will be revealed right here on earth for all to see. The two dimensions will be combined, and that is also how the full Godhead will return to earth for His Eternal new heavens and a new earth.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(Get a piece of wood and burn it up and then see what is left.)

2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
(Put a piece of limestone rock in some acid and dissolve it and see what is left.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Your continual quoting that from 2 Peter 3 only keeps revealing you don't know what it's really about, since one must first understand the OT prophets where Peter was pulling that from. You've already shown me you haven't studied the OT prophets much.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

When does the fire come, based on the passage above?

From the Old Testament.

Isa 66:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do some people always think America is in Bible prophecy? The gospel is not about America. It's about Christ and the two sticks that were brought together were Jew and Gentile, in Christ. Ephesians 2.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No you're taking it out of context. Also the better translation of Daniel 11:13 is not "in the end of years"...consider:

Complete Jewish Bible: 13 Rather, the king of the north will again muster an army, larger than the first one, at the end of this period, after a number of years; it will be a large, well-supplied army.

NASB: 13 For the king of the North will again raise a greater multitude than the former, and after an interval of some years he will press on with a great army and much equipment.

NIV: 13 For the king of the North will muster another army, larger than the first; and after several years, he will advance with a huge army fully equipped.

NKJV: 13 For the king of the North will return and muster a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come at the end of some years with a great army and much equipment.

RSV: 13 For the king of the north shall again raise a multitude, larger than the former, and after some years he shall advance with a great army and abundant supplies.

Word study will show these to all be correct!

This period of Daniel 11 refers to the rise and fall of Antiochus Epiphanes. Verse 13 It is historical fact though many think at Daniel 11:36 does not refer to Antiochus.

This link is pretty accurate history, though I don't agree with all of it: Daniel 11 Commentary - Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible

This is not the end times at all!

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's called reading comprehension:

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jo 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

-If you do not abide in this doctrine, you do not have the Father, much less the Israelis.

Again, it's called reading comprehension. Peter specifically says Christ doesn't return until the 2nd resurrection, the "day of the Lord" because that is the day the world is judged. He does not return until then. You are wrong.

Ezek. 21:26, 27 refers to King Zedekiah removal and Nebuchadnezzar's reign.
You're obviously not reading and comprehending because I said it was fulfilled by Zech 6:9-13 and Ezek 21:26-27, God's own planting; and Nebuchadnezzar wasn't that planting. Plus you totally ignored Ezek 21:26-27 in your response.

You obviously can't accept the fact, and the world can't either, so I won't waste any more time with you. God's planting, in particularly Ez 21:26-27, was Zech 6:9-13 - the fact.

You will know them by their fruits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why do some people always think America is in Bible prophecy? The gospel is not about America. It's about Christ and the two sticks that were brought together were Jew and Gentile, in Christ. Ephesians 2.
The true interpretation according to 1 John 2:22-24 is it's the spirit of antichrist working in the earth today.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
1Jo 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Upvote 0