Trump Forbids Mentioning Jews in Holocaust Remembrance, Encourages His Followers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The State Department drafted its own statement last month marking International Holocaust Remembrance Day that explicitly included a mention of Jewish victims, according to people familiar with the matter, but President Donald Trump’s White House blocked its release.

The existence of the draft statement adds another dimension to the controversy around the White House’s own statement that was released on Friday and set off a furor because it excluded any mention of Jews. The White House has stood by the statement, defending it as an “inclusive” message that was not intended to marginalize Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

According to three people familiar with the process, the State Department's Office of the Special Envoy on Holocaust Issues prepared its own statement for International Holocaust Remembrance Day that, like previous statements, commemorated Jewish victims.

Instead, the White House’s own statement drew widespread criticism for overlooking the Jews' suffering, and was cheered by neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From the literally Nazi site The Daily Stormer:

We previously reported that the White House released a statement on holohoax remembrance day that failed to mention Jews or anti-Semitism. There is no way this was accidental, but all in all it was basically a subtle nod to us. But something much more incredible is now happening; the White House staff, under attack by the Jews, are doubling down and saying it was completely intentional, and don’t regret it. Now, this is straight up trolling. Can you imagine how butthurt the Jews must be right now? I would say that this whole episode is designed to make Jews flip out. Trump knows that they are the only strong organized force against him, and if he wants to implement his agenda, he needs to keep them off-balance. He definitely knows how to push their buttons.

Their post is illustrated with various styles of lampshades.

Daily Stormer: Trump's Omission Of Jews From His Holocaust Statement Was A "Subtle Nod" To Us Nazis - Joe.My.God.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did the statements say anything about the 20 million Chinese victims? Or the 7 million German victims? or 2.6 million Indian victims? 3 million Japanese victims? 27 million Soviet victims?

None of them died in the Holocaust.
There were German and Soviet Jews who died in the Holocaust, but the majority of Germans and Soviets who died were the result of combat, not genocide.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
None of them died in the Holocaust.
There were German and Soviet Jews who died in the Holocaust, but the majority of Germans and Soviets who died were the result of combat, not genocide.
Sorry, but I disagree. It was a holocaust against the little people of every side, IMO.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, but I disagree. It was a holocaust against the little people of every side, IMO.

You're engaging in false equivocation. The Holocaust, which Holocaust Remembrance Day commemorates, was Nazi Germany's final solution for the Jewish problem and other undesirables in Germany and German occupied territory. It is not a word that describes the entirety of WWII.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
You're engaging in false equivocation. The Holocaust, which Holocaust Remembrance Day commemorates, was Nazi Germany's final solution for the Jewish problem and other undesirables in Germany and German occupied territory. It is not a word that describes the entirety of WWII.
Nope. I'm using a primary definition of "holocaust": "Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life".

I use "Holocaust Remembrance Day" to remember everyone who died during WWII. All of them deserve to be remembered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the literally Nazi site The Daily Stormer:

We previously reported that the White House released a statement on holohoax remembrance day that failed to mention Jews or anti-Semitism. There is no way this was accidental, but all in all it was basically a subtle nod to us. But something much more incredible is now happening; the White House staff, under attack by the Jews, are doubling down and saying it was completely intentional, and don’t regret it. Now, this is straight up trolling. Can you imagine how butthurt the Jews must be right now? I would say that this whole episode is designed to make Jews flip out. Trump knows that they are the only strong organized force against him, and if he wants to implement his agenda, he needs to keep them off-balance. He definitely knows how to push their buttons.

Their post is illustrated with various styles of lampshades.

Daily Stormer: Trump's Omission Of Jews From His Holocaust Statement Was A "Subtle Nod" To Us Nazis - Joe.My.God.
...It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror. ....

Statement by the President on International Holocaust Remembrance Day

These Nazi sympathizers are delusional if they think that the White House statement is giving them a nod. They are idiots.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Right, because anti-Semitism didn't exist until Trump. :doh:

Jeremiah Wright wasn't reached for comment.

Cool. And racism is rooted in evolution.

Attachments

• Segregation.jpg
    Segregation.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nope. I'm using a primary definition of "holocaust": "Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life".

I use "Holocaust Remembrance Day" to remember everyone who died during WWII. All of them deserve to be remembered.

I don't know when it became a trend to revise history and alter the definition of words to your warped sense of morality.

Look. The way language works is that we collectively decide that a particular word means a certain thing and has a certain semantic. Occasionally, a significant event will link to a word causing a new definition of the word or cause that word to be so strongly associated with that event that it redefines the word exclusively to that event.

Holocaust is such a word. When the Nazis intentionally and systematically tried to exterminate and commit genocide against Jews, that event joined to the word "Holocaust" and the world has decided that the important historical event is linked to the word "Holocaust".

Now, you are free to use "Holocaust Remembrance Day" however you see fit, but that does NOT negate what the rest of the world associates Holocaust with.

Thus, it is a very big deal when the White House decides to not mention the Jews on Holocaust Remember Day and then proclaim in the next breath that they are a friend to Israel.

This is what racists do. They take an issue of profound racial importance to a minority, i.e. how Jews regard the Holocaust. Then they trivialize the event and shrug and say, "Gee, I don't know what the big deal is ... all lives matters. Why should we focus so much on your loss when others experienced losses as well..."

Really? Jews are making too much of a big deal about the freaking Holocaust? Are you bleeping kidding me?

I have to say, thinking the above thoughts makes my brain feel like tiny nukes are detonating inside my head. I just don't understand how anyone can tolerate such cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Then you're engaging in false equivocation, just as I said.
Holocaust Memorial Days - Wikipedia

You might also read:
The Holocaust - Wikipedia
>> The Holocaust (from the Greek ὁλόκαυστος holókaustos: hólos, "whole" and kaustós, "burnt"),[3] also referred to as the Shoah (Hebrew: השואה, HaShoah, "the catastrophe"), was a genocide in which some six million European Jews were killed by Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany, and by the World War II collaborators with the Nazis. <<

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I don't know when it became a trend to revise history and alter the definition of words to your warped sense of morality.

Look. The way language works is that we collective decide that a particular word means a certain thing and has a certain semantic. Occasionally, a significant event will link to a word causing a new definition of the word or cause that word to be so strongly associated with that event that it redefines the word exclusively to that event.

Holocaust is such a word. When the Nazis intentionally and systematically tried to exterminate and commit genocide against Jews, that event joined to the word "Holocaust" and the world has decided that the important historical event is linked to the word "Holocaust".

Now, you are free to use "Holocaust Remembrance Day" however you see fit, but that does NOT negate what the rest of the world associates Holocaust with.

Thus, it is a very big deal when the White House decides to not mention the Jews on Holocaust Remember Day and then proclaim in the next breath that they are a friend to Israel.

This is what racists do. They take an issue of profound racial importance to a minority, i.e. how Jews regard the Holocaust. Then they trivialize the event and shrug and say, "Gee, I don't know what the big deal is ... all lives matters. Why should we focus so much on your loss when others experienced losses as well..."

Really? Jews are making too much of a big deal about the freaking Holocaust? Are you bleeping kidding me?

I have to say, thinking the above thoughts makes my brain feel like tiny nukes are detonating inside my head. I just don't understand how anyone can tolerate such cognitive dissonance.
I don't know how the "rest of the world" associates the word "holocaust", as I'm not omniscient. I'm simply using the word according to its dictionary definition.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Then you're engaging in false equivocation, just as I said.
Holocaust Memorial Days - Wikipedia

You might also read:
The Holocaust - Wikipedia
>> The Holocaust (from the Greek ὁλόκαυστος holókaustos: hólos, "whole" and kaustós, "burnt"),[3] also referred to as the Shoah (Hebrew: השואה, HaShoah, "the catastrophe"), was a genocide in which some six million European Jews were killed by Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany, and by the World War II collaborators with the Nazis. <<
I referenced the dictionary, not wikipedia.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.