the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there might be a degree of difference between bootlicking and refraining from backstabbing. If I was looking for a degree of loyalty, I would expect no bootlicking and be content with no backstabbing.

The IG did not "backstab," he did his job as the law required. He found that there appeared to be credible evidence that it occured and that it required further investigation. Say what you will about impeachment, and whether it should have happened, there was absolutely reason to investigate. You have a large number of Republican Senators who believed what Trump did was wrong -- note they believe he did do it -- just not impeachable. Even if you believe these Republicans were wrong, as well as the Democrats, who all agree that Trump did it, it definitely confirms the fact that the IG was correct -- an investigation was warranted as it clearly appeared that Trump's actions were wrong.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The guy narced the president out, said he did something he did not. Sure, others have done the same, and if the president had control over them, he would probably have fired them too. He had control over this particular man.

I don't blame him a bit, he fired a guy that thinks like a democrat, and who wants that mess on their team?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So a guy should be fired for correctly doing his job? Got to protect the President at all costs right, even while he’s busy killing a few hundred thousand Americans through his ineptitude.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Atkinson is being fired for the thing Trump hired him to do.

Atkinson became Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) in May 2018.[2] He was nominated to the position in November 2017 by President Donald Trump[8] and was confirmed by the United States Senate by voice vote on May 14, 2018.[9] At his confirmation hearings, Atkinson indicated that he would bring order to the troubled ICIG's office, which had a reputation for dysfunction, and pledged to revive a whistleblower program that had become virtually defunct under the previous Acting Inspector General,[10] saying that he would "encourage, operate, and enforce a program for authorized disclosures by whistleblowers within the intelligence community that validates moral courage without compromising national security and without retaliation."

Trump certainly liked Atkinson when he told the Senate to get stuffed when they asked him to look into how Jared and Ivanka got their security clearances.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The guy narced the president out, said he did something he did not.
No, he said the accusation was credible and urgent, that the whistleblower's complaint should be passed to Congress as the law demands.
Sure, others have done the same, and if the president had control over them, he would probably have fired them too. He had control over this particular man.
Yes, the president is on a loyalty purge.

I don't blame him a bit, he fired a guy that thinks like a democrat, and who wants that mess on their team?
Huh. Obama had actual Republicans on his team, in his cabinet. Donald is hyper-partisan and divisive.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why is this a problem or are the replies here automatically negitive, regardless of if Trump fired someone that he didn't deem right for the job?

Donald fired an Inspector... because he inspected something.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, is that what we are conveniently calling it now. lol

The Inspector General is indeed an inspector... it's right there in the title.

Sorry guys, you haven't a leg to sand on here..bad apples gotta go. :)

Who says he's a bad apple?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And it was not credible or urgent. again, he narced him out for something he dids not do. Who wants people like that on their team...not me. Good riddance.

And?

Obama again?
Do you understand what an Inspector General’s job is?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, is that what we are conveniently calling it now. lol

Sorry guys, you haven't a leg to sand on here..bad apples gotta go. :)

It’s blinded acolytes like yourself that don’t have a leg to stand on Ken. Even Trump’s own people agree that he did what he was accused of doing. The point was they didn’t feel that it rose to a dismissal.

He withheld Congressionally approved funding for an ally in time of war.
He sought an investigation by a foreign power into a political rival.
He asked for “a favour though”.
He had the evidence hidden on a secret server.

None of this is contested. Most of it is there in his own words.

The IG did exactly what his conditions of employment demanded him to do....

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s blinded acolytes like yourself that don’t have a leg to stand on Ken. Even Trump’s own people agree that he did what he was accused of doing. The point was they didn’t feel that it rose to a dismissal.

Before I go on, show me quotes from his on people agreeing there was a quid pro quo but they didn't think it rated dismissal.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't enable adds, please paste them here, by name and comment, and I do hope yopu recall exactly what I asked and are not wasting our time.

Just read the article. It lists all of the members of Congress who feel Trump did what he was charged with....

Upvote 0